22nd January 2012, 08:49 AM
VIVEK RANJAN sharma

Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate from 11th class? What can I do for this?

I 'm read in class 11th. I think can join the indian navy.so,what can do for this?

22nd January 2012, 12:35 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate from 11th class? What can I do for this?

To join Indian Navy, the minimum qualification that you need to have is 12th class. For this, you have to crack NDA Exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

Being a candidate of 11th class, you are not eligible to appear for NDA Exam. But final year candidates of 10+2 are eligible to appear for NDA Exam. So, you can appear for NDA Exam in your 12th class.

But it is must that, you should have gone through Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in your 12th class to be eligible for this NDA Exam (National Defence Academy).

In addition, you should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

You should be an unmarried candidate also to be eligible for this Exam.

The upcoming NDA I Exam is going to be conducted on 15-04-2012. The last date to apply for this Exam is by 30-01-2012.

So, I suggest you to appear for NDA Exam after completion of your 11th class if you fulfill the required eligibility criteria for this.

But if you are taking NDA Exam while pursuing 12th class, you should be able to show the proof of 12th class completion when you appear for Interview.

Candidates who qualifed in written Exam and have given better performance in the Interview will be absorbed into Indian Navy.

If you have not gone through Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th class also, still you can appear for NDA Exam. But you are eligible to apply for only Army wing but not for Navy and Air Force wings.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://upsc.gov.in/
22nd January 2012, 12:49 PM
chetan pratap singh

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate from 11th class? What can I do for this?

hi

if you want to ho as normal soldier than you are elligible and if u want to go as officer u must be 12th passed and can try with NDA exam.
22nd January 2012, 01:06 PM
Sharma sujeet

To join Indian Navy, the minimum qualification that you need to have is 12th class. For this, you have to crack NDA Exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.
Being a candidate of 11th class, you are not eligible to appear for NDA Exam. But final year candidates of 10+2 are eligible to appear for NDA Exam. So, you can appear for NDA Exam in your 12th class.
But it is must that, you should have gone through Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in your 12th class to be eligible for this NDA Exam (National Defence Academy).
In addition, you should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.
The upcoming NDA I Exam is going to be conducted on 15-04-2012. The last date to apply for this Exam is by 30-01-2012.
So, I suggest you to appear for NDA Exam after completion of your 11th class if you fulfill the required eligibility criteria for this.
But if you are taking NDA Exam while pursuing 12th class, you should be able to show the proof of 12th class completion when you appear for Interview.
Candidates who qualifed in written Exam and have given better performance in the Interview will be absorbed into Indian Navy.
If you have not gone through Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th class also, still you can appear for NDA Exam. But you are eligible to apply for only Army wing but not for Navy and Air Force wings.
For updated information on this Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
22nd January 2012, 01:21 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to join in Indian Navy , then after completion of 11th you will not be able to go for it..

For that you have to at least complete your 12th class first.

After which you can appear in NDA exam.

Through NDA exam you can join in NAVY..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For NAVY:-

1.Candidate has to complete the 12th class from a recognized central or state education board..
candidate who is appearing for board exam can also apply for NDA exam..

2.Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

4.candidate must be physically fit.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, go for 12th class first..

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 04:45 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate from 11th class? What can I do for this?

22nd January 2012, 05:07 PM
rajesh9503
Member+

Yes,you can join indian navy on the basis of 12th with subject physics,chemistry and maths.
1.you can join merchant navy when you got 75% in physics,chemistry and maths.
2.you also join indian navy by clearing national defence acadamy exam(nda).
3.in sailors you also can join on 12th basis.
22nd January 2012, 05:48 PM
sajalrocks

Being a candidate of 11th class, I am not eligible to appear for NDA Exam. But final year candidates of 10+2 are eligible to appear for NDA Exam. So,I can appear for NDA Exam in your 12th class.

But it is must that, I should have gone through Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in your 12th class to be eligible for this NDA Exam (National Defence Academy).

In addition, I should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

But if I am taking NDA Exam while pursuing 12th class, I should be able to show the proof of 12th class completion when I appear for Interview.

If I have not gone through Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th class also, still you can appear for NDA Exam. But I am eligible to apply for only Army wing but not for Navy and Air Force wings.

For updated information on this Exam, I can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://upsc.gov.in/[/QUOTE]
22nd January 2012, 05:53 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not join Indian Navy through NDA being a student of 11th but you can do this after 12th.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appeared for final 12th exam or passed.

To apply for Indian Navy of NDA you should either appeared for 12th exam or completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The exam of NDA is of two phases:-

Written exam all objective type followed by physical and Medical test.

As you are now in 11th standard you should wait for a year to apply for NDA.

For more information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2012, 05:58 PM
sajalrocks

To join Indian Navy, the minimum qualification that I need to have is 12th class. For this, I have to crack NDA Exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

Being a candidate of 11th class, I am not eligible to appear for NDA Exam. But final year candidates of 10+2 are eligible to appear for NDA Exam. So, I can appear for NDA Exam in your 12th class.

But it is must that, I should have gone through Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in my 12th class to be eligible for this NDA Exam (National Defence Academy).

In addition, I should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

So, I suggest you to appear for NDA Exam after completion of my 11th class if I fulfill the required eligibility criteria for this.

But if I am taking NDA Exam while pursuing 12th class, I should be able to show the proof of 12th class completion when I appear for Interview.

If I have not gone through Mathematics and Physics subjects in my 12th class also, still I can appear for NDA Exam. But I am eligible to apply for only Army wing but not for Navy and Air Force wings.

22nd January 2012, 06:27 PM
komal more

Cool Re: Can I join Indian Navy being a candidate from 11th class? What can I do for this?

18th April 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

can i join navy after 2 with non medical?????????????
21st April 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Iam a candidate from 11th class . what can I do for my physical health/
30th April 2012, 11:00 PM
Krish1111

hi friend
the candidate is study in 11th class you are not eligible to appear for NDA Exam. But final year candidates of 10+2 are eligible to appear for NDA Exam,you can appear for NDA Exam after 12th class,age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years,upcoming NDA I Exam is going to be conducted on 15-04-2012. The last date to apply for this Exam is by 30-01-2012, the Candidates who qualifed in written Exam and have given better performance in the Interview will be absorbed into Indian Navy and you can join merchant navy when you got 75% in physics,chemistry and maths,you have not gone through Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th class also, still you can appear for NDA Exam. But you are eligible to apply for only Army wing but not for Navy and Air Force wings
all the best.......
1st May 2012, 12:13 AM
Manpreet14

Dear Candidate,

Yes.. You can join indian navy for that you have to qualify NDA exam after 12th std.. Give NDA exam then after clearing the exam you can join..
8th June 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

can i do not join navy by not giving NDA exam.
21st August 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is 25.1.95
am i eligible to appear for NDA II in 2013
and NDA I in 2014
21st August 2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is 25.1.95
am i eligible to appear for NDA I Exam in 2014
at that time my age will be 18 years 11 months and 6 days so am i eligible to appear in exam and SSB
3rd January 2013, 03:25 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Its good to know that, you want to serve the nation by joining INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY (NA).
In order to become a NA officer you must have to clear NDA examination.the NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY), through which one can apply for the -
INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF)

INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY (NA)

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY (IMA)

So, you must have subject PHYSICS & MATHS in your 12th class, Because it is compulsory for a NA or IAF aspirant.
The educational qualification needed for this examination is a 12th degree from a recognized board.
You must have scored at least 60% in 12th board examination.

Examination pattern--

Physical requirements--

You must have Indian citizenship.

Important dates:--

Date of notification (Exam I): 22nd Dec, 2012

Date of notification (Exam II): 4th May, 2013

Last date of receiving Application (NDA Exam I): 21st Jan, 2013

Last date of receiving Application (NDA Exam II): 3rd June, 2013

Date on which exam is conducted (NDA Exam I): 7th April, 2013

Date on which exam is conducted (NDA Exam II): 11th August, 2013

www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
15th April 2013, 08:17 AM
Unregistered

I got 80% marks in 10 2 can i go directly go to SSB without appear to NDA EXAM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?