21st April 2019, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy having passed Intermediate with non-medical group?

I'm a female candidate and have completed Intermediate with non-medical science group. Can I join Indian Navy? What are the different requirements to join Indian Navy?

28th April 2019, 11:21 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy having passed Intermediate with non-medical group?

To join Indian Navy being a female candidate, you must have completed graduation.

As you have completed 10+2 from non-medical Science stream, so you can join Indian Navy after pursuing B.E./B.Tech from streams like Mechanical Engineering/Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture, etc.

For Naval Architecture entry,
- B.E/B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical or Aeronautical or Metallurgy or Naval Architecture with 60% marks.

For Observer entry,

- B.E./B.Tech in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics in 12th standard.

For ATC and Pilot General,
B.E./B.Tech in any discipline. Also, you must have Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.

For further detailed information, you can visit: https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/en...-the-navy.html
29th April 2019, 10:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy having passed Intermediate with non-medical group?

Female candidates are not eligible to join Indian Navy after 12th and the minimum required qualification is bachelor degree.

The other required qualification to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in technology.

The entrance examination is conducted in various stages for selection. Candidates passed 12th in PCM are also eligible to join Indian Navy after bachelor degree if completed bachelor degree in science. For more information about the vacancies visit at www.joinindiannavy.nic.in.
30th April 2019, 09:02 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. UPSC conducts NDA examination twice every year for Navy, Air Force and Army. Candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board with PCM subject group to be eligible for Navy and Air Force.

Apart from subjects, only male candidates are eligible for NDA examination. Female candidates can not apply for NDA exam. You can pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for CDS exam.
3rd May 2019, 02:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Girls cannot join Indian Navy after completion of 12th because according to UPSC girls are not eligible for Indian Navy after 12th.

Because if any one want to enter into the field of civil services after 12th then he/ she has to give the NDA entrance exam and girls cannot give the NDA entrance exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and it is entrance exam which is done after completion of 12th to go into the field of civil services.

As there are three types of civil services that comes under NDA:
Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Indian Military

But girls can join the defence sector only and only after completion of their graduation. They can apply after completion of graduation through CDS entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?