24th October 2019, 06:42 PM
Nawab Khan6565

Can I join Indian Navy immediately after qualifying 10th Board exams?

I am Nawab Khan and I am 16 years old and I will write my 10th Board exams in next year. I am interested in Indian Navy. So, will I be able to apply for Indian Navy immediately after passing 10th Board exams? If not, then let me know how and when can I join Indian Navy?

31st October 2019, 03:34 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy immediately after qualifying 10th Board exams?

You cannot join Indian Navy directly after passing 10th standard. You must be at least 10+2 passed or appearing in 12th standard.

While passed/appearing in 12th standard, you can apply for NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC every year twice.

Also, you must have passed/appearing in 12th with Physics, Mathematics as primary subjects. Note that Commerce/Arts students cannot apply for Navy wing of NDA.

Through NDA, you can join anyone of the following wings:
  • Navy (Physics and Mathematics required)
  • Army (any stream)
  • Air Force (Physics and Mathematics required)

Since, you are currently in 10th standard so you can apply for NDA as soon as you reach 12th standard while having subjects Physics and Mathematics.

Also, age limit of this exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?