Unregistered

Can I join Indian railways?

Can I join indian railways? please give me the details for the same

28th May 2013, 10:34 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Indian railways?

Dear friend,

You are not mentioned your qualification details.But you can join in Indian railways it is better career option for you.

10+2 level posts:

-->If you are completing your Higher Secondary School(10+2).

you can appear for the Special Class Railways Apprentice(SCRA) exam.
It is conduxted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC).
This exam is extremely competetive as there are limited number of vacancies available.

Graduate level posts:

-->If you are completed your graduation in B.Tech then you can appearing for the Indian Engineering Service(IES) examinations.
This exam also conducted by UPSC.
These examinations are tough as they question you on the technicals of the subjects which you had studied in Engineering.

-->You can also get into the Railways by appearing for the civil services examinations.if you get a good rank you might option for the Indian railways traffic service and Indian railways account service.

All the best.............................
29th May 2013, 01:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian railways?

You can join railways, if you are qualified for a particular job profile. 12th passed candidates can try for the position of ticket checker/collector or clerk. Graduates can try for profiles of goods guard or station master. Engineering/diploma holders can look for Junior Engineer/Section Engineer job positions. You must satisfy job requirements also. Detailed information can be collected from RRB portal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?