7th October 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I join LLB course being a candidate with an age of 36 years?

Sir
i am 36 year old.can i do llb

8th October 2012, 09:27 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join LLB course being a candidate with an age of 36 years?

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law, is a three and five years under Graduate course in Law and can be pursed after completion of Graduation and 12th respectively.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed 12th in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 20 years, can apply for five years Integrated Law Degree.

For three years Law Degree, one must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 30 years, can apply.

As you are now 36 years, you are not eligible to apply for any Law Degree, however you may take a Degree in Law through Correspondence course.
8th October 2012, 10:53 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Well the answer is gonna be little tricky. It is good to know that you want to become lawyer but unfortunately you decided to too late to do so. The Bar Council of India (BCI) has imposed strict age limit for candidates to pursue LLB course.

From now on candidate who are interested in 3 years LLB should not be more than 30 years old. This decision was taken as Bar Council of India felt that candidates from other streams who take LLB later in the career aren't actually serious about it. This serve as major disadvantage to the lawyers hince decided to impose the age limit. By implementing this rule Bar Council of India wants to encourage candidates who want to pursue LLB as their first career choice.

This makes you ineligible for the LLB course. Had you decided to give it a thought few years back, there was a chance but now it is absolutely impossible to get a LLB degree which would be recognized by the Bar Council of India.

You can check the eligibility criteria below for your satisfaction.

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. A minimum of 45 percent marks in the graduation course.

3. SC/ST candidates need 40 percent marks.

4. The age limit for LLB course is 30 years.

5. The age limit for SC/ST is 35 years.

There is another similar course called BA LLB which is 5 years long and can be taken after completing 12th. However you are not eligible for this course as well since the age limit for this course has been set for 20 years by the Bar Council of India.

Now you may have heard about the distance education courses for LLB. Some of the universities to offer these courses are:

National Law School of India University

Icfai University

Annamalai University

Directorate of Distance Education Kurukshetra University

Directorate of Distance Education Acharya Nagarjuna University

Centre for Distance Education

Mahatma Gandhi University School of Distance Education

Now it is possible to pursue LLB course from these universities in distance education mode. But it is not advisable since these colleges offer Bachelor OF LAw degrees which are not recognized by the Bar Council of India.

Therefore while you may obtain a law degree, you won't be able to practice in a court as lawyer.
8th October 2012, 11:05 AM
sudha001

Hello friend ,

The LLB is a law course degree Law is one of the essential parts of a country and it also preserves the human rights and obligations
According to the specialization, the lawyers are categorized under criminal lawyer who is concerned with the robbery, murder, rape cases etc and a civil lawyer who is concerned with the human rights of a person.

Eligibility Criteria

The eligibility criteria for LLB is that one should have a B.A / BSc / B.com degree with a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate and 35% for SC/ST candidates. There is also a 2% Weightage for the post graduate degree holders. For seeking admission in this law course the students have to give an entrance test and a personal interview.

Age Limit :

The age limit for LLB course is 30 years.
The age limit for SC/ST is 35 years.

List Of Colleges :

All The Best ...
8th October 2012, 11:23 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

hi,
Its good to you want to join Llb but my friend you are late because general candidate who completed 30 year maximum apply for course and SC/ST candidate age limit maximum 30 years but unfortunately you not comes in both criteria so,you can try in another field.
8th October 2012, 02:23 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for the LLB as you have crossed your age and now you can't write the exam at the age of 36 as the maximum age limit to do the LLB is now 30 years and as your current age is 36 so you can't be able to become a Lawyer

As the Bar Council of India now have changes the rules and according to the new rules you can do the Course in two ways the First is the just completing your 12th exam and for this the candidate just need to be pass in the 12th and after that you can go for the course BA LLB of 5 years as we all know this about the course and the validity after completing your graduation is 5 years ..

Also their is other way that you can apply for the LLB After completing your graduation too and for that also the candidate just need to be pass in the graduation with 45% marks and the age limit for the exam is that the age of the candidate should not be more than 30 years ..

Here is Qualifications Required for the LLB :

-The Candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university

-The candidate must be pass in the graduation with 45 % marks

-Their is relaxation for the obc and sc,st of 5 %

-The age of the candidate must not be more than 30 years ..

Best of luck
8th October 2012, 03:56 PM
Sameer317

Bachelor of Law, is a three and five years under Graduate course in Law and can be pursed after completion of Graduation and 12th respectively.
you are ineligible for the LLB course. Had you decided to give it a thought few years back, there was a chance but now it is absolutely impossible to get a LLB degree which would be recognized by the Bar Council of India.
it is possible to pursue LLB course from these universities in distance education mode. But it is not advisable since these colleges offer Bachelor OF LAw degrees which are not recognized by the Bar Council of India.
19th October 2012, 04:01 PM
VishPB

Most of the answers here are highly misleading.

It is true that there is an age limit of 30 yrs for 3 Yr LLB after your graduation and 20 yrs for 5 Yr LLB after +2.

However there is a stay order on this rule from various courts all over the country. You can get admitted in any BCI approved Law colleges.

Also, students obtaining degrees through distant education are not eligible to practice in any court in India.
3rd November 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
i am 36 year old.can i do llb
Yes, I am in Maharashtra and all the law colleges are admitting students irrespective of their age because there is a stay on the BCI age criteria and the case is in supreme court. Therefore you can take admission. Go ahead and do LLB.
2nd April 2013, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

i m 24 years old i want to know the age criteria for 5 years Law course
14th May 2013, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

you can still pursue LLB from Bangalore .
28th May 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

my age is 32 . Can i eligible for LLB 3 years course in Distance education.
28th May 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

my age is 32 . Can i eligible for LLB 3 years course in Distance education.
8th September 2013, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Im 4rm south africa does it late for me to start the course of llb in the age of 36 yrs
21st September 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

If you are not sure please do not mislead others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherleytwain View Post
Well the answer is gonna be little tricky. It is good to know that

you want to become lawyer but unfortunately you decided to too late to do so. The Bar Council of India (BCI) has imposed strict age limit for candidates to pursue LLB course.

From now on candidate who are interested in 3 years LLB should not be more than 30 years old. This decision was taken as Bar Council of India felt that candidates from other streams who take LLB later in the career aren't actually serious about it. This serve as major disadvantage to the lawyers hince decided to impose the age limit. By implementing this rule Bar Council of India wants to encourage candidates who want to pursue LLB as their first career choice.

This makes you ineligible for the LLB course. Had you decided to give it a thought few years back, there was a chance but now it is absolutely impossible to get a LLB degree which would be recognized by the Bar Council of India.

You can check the eligibility criteria below for your satisfaction.

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. A minimum of 45 percent marks in the graduation course.

3. SC/ST candidates need 40 percent marks.

4. The age limit for LLB course is 30 years.

5. The age limit for SC/ST is 35 years.

There is another similar course called BA LLB which is 5 years long and can be taken after completing 12th. However you are not eligible for this course as well since the age limit for this course has been set for 20 years by the Bar Council of India.

Now you may have heard about the distance education courses for LLB. Some of the universities to offer these courses are:

National Law School of India University

Icfai University

Annamalai University

Directorate of Distance Education Kurukshetra University

Directorate of Distance Education Acharya Nagarjuna University

Centre for Distance Education

Mahatma Gandhi University School of Distance Education

Now it is possible to pursue LLB course from these universities in distance education mode. But it is not advisable since these colleges offer Bachelor OF LAw degrees which are not recognized by the Bar Council of India.

Therefore while you may obtain a law degree, you won't be able to practice in a court as lawyer.
26th September 2013, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

i think there should not be any age limit for law course because India now in stage of burning it self by corruption, murder, bribe, mischief, ect ect. The LLB is a law course degree Law is one of the essential parts of a country and it also preserves the human rights and obligations
According to the specialization, the lawyers are categorized under criminal lawyer who is concerned with the robbery, murder, rape cases etc and a civil lawyer who is concerned with the human rights of a person. i request to BAR COUNCIL OF INDIA please give admission with lower percentage. and also give change to person to prove them self. if you are agree mail me [email protected]
24th February 2014, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Does the STAY ORDER for the age limit pesists still. I need to join LLB bangalore. Age 30 years running.
20th June 2014, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I join LLB course being a candidate with an age of 31 years and percentage 42% in BA.
17th December 2014, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

CAN A DISTANCE GRADUATE DEGREE HOLDE AS BA/BSC /BCOM CAN BE APPLY FOR TAKING ADMISSION IN LLB YEARS ENTRANCE EXAM
18th January 2015, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Can i eligible for clat exam my date of birth is 20/12/1984
29th June 2015, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Hi there, i am 35 years old and i wanted to know what Can i study at this age? I did BBA through long distance studies almost 15 years ago, which has no relevance in today's job market. Please suggest
14th May 2016, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I give llb exam my age is 19 years and I have completed 2
1st December 2016, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I am 36, I completed m.com through distance education. Now I want to join llb. can I eligible for this course.if yes ,plz tell me the details of admission time,collages in Chennai.
15th February 2017, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am 12th pass out in 1998 Now 36 years old i wish to do 5 years llb correspondence course from Mumbai University mostly, i am sure i dont want to be advocate or practice in court interested only in getting law degree
Is it possible and if yes please tell me the colleges from where can i do it
1st May 2017, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I am 12th pass, in 2008. Now I am 27 years old. I wish to do 5 years llb course from any state in India. Is it possible? If possible, please tell me colleges name.
23rd August 2017, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi! I am 12th pass, in 2008. Now I am 27 years old. I wish to do 5 years llb course from any state in India. Is it possible? If possible, please tell me colleges name.
Dear do 3years llb course instead 5years if u have done your graduation and most important for 5years course your age should not be more than 20years .. Even I'm taking admission this year. I'm 27 now..
Join ICFAI SIKKIM
24th January 2018, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, I am in Maharashtra and all the law colleges are admitting students irrespective of their age because there is a stay on the BCI age criteria and the case is in supreme court. Therefore you can take admission. Go ahead and do LLB.
Any updates on this case in supreme court?, I'm 35 years old now and I want to pursue law degree which should be a BCI recognized as I have plans to practice as a lawyer in the court.
6th March 2018, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have completed my master decree from IGNOU now i am 30 years old. Shall i do llb through correspondence along with my job.
6th March 2018, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am 30 years old. I have completed my Master Decree from IGNOU. Shall I do LLB through correspondence along with my Job. Kindly suggest me I am very worried about by carrier.
13th September 2018, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

I am working in judicial department I want to pursue my L.L.B.through distance mode is there any possibility of appearing for judge exam in future.
18th September 2019, 06:11 AM
Unregistered

I have completed paramedical course can I do llb now
17th January 2020, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Am 36 years old woman .. had BA correspondence degree from ANdhra university this year .. am really interested in some respectable govt job .. any chances . Not particular of any .. please let me know the chances I have .. I stay in Vizag ..
28th April 2020, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

i am 29 year old. So can i join llb course being a candidate ?
1st October 2020, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I seriously seek to practice law in my country. I am 34. The ruling by the bar council to prevent people above 30 from studying law is the most unlawful, on top of it discriminating among Indians ( 35 for some and 30 for others ) is also not healthy for the functioning of this country. A lot of smart individuals with other expertise will only add to the legal establishment. You cannot prevent a citizen from practising law at any age. I just wanted to add this here too. This is not good in general. The bar council should revisit this archaic ruling. You cannot generalise everything.
9th July 2021, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

there is a stay on the BCI age criteria and the case is in supreme court to admit in llb . Is there any judgment issued? Is there any permission issues to practice in court by completed distance llb ?
11th July 2021, 09:35 PM
Singhskomal

LLB ( Bachelor's degree in law) this course is in two way:-
LLB - 3 years degree course.
LLB + B.A.,LLB+ B.COM,LLB+ B.SC - 5 years integrated course.
Age limit for this course is minimum 21 years to 45 years. Age limit set by bar Council of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?