16th March 2013, 12:18 PM
Tamil.vickey

Can I join marine in IMU chennai campus?

I can't apply for JEE entrance exam. Then what i can do for joining the marine in IMU chennai campus

19th July 2016, 08:32 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join marine in IMU chennai campus?

Yes, you can join in Indian Maritime University, Chennai campus for pursuing Marine Engineering course. To take admission in Marine Engineering course in Indian Maritime University, you have to appear and qualify the IMU Common Entrance Test (IMU CET).

To be eligible to apply for admission to Marine Engineering course in Indian Maritime University, you have to satisfy the below mentioned criteria :-

=> You should have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination with PCM stream with minimum aggregate of 60% marks and English with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board.

In case of SC/ ST category candidates, there will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks of 12th standard or equivalent examination except in the English .

=> You should have attained minimum age of 17 years and should not exceed the maximum age of 25 years as on 1st August of the year of admission. In case of SC/ ST category candidates, there is an upper age relaxation of 5 years.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can apply for admission to Marine Engineering course and you need to appear in IMU CET examination. If you qualify the IMU CET examination, you will be called for counselling process and you will be allotted a seat in a Marine Engineering course in Indian Maritime University.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?