25th December 2009, 10:23 AM
jatin rockstar

Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

please somebody tell me that can we join merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream and how?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  3. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering?
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering
  5. How to become a marine engineer after my B.E?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  8. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  9. Can i join merchant navy after completing B.Tech from mechanical engineering
  10. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  11. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?
  12. Is it possible join Merchant Navy on Deck side after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  15. Can i join Merchant Navy after studying Diploma course in Mechanical stream?
  16. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy?
  17. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
12th January 2010, 11:53 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

Yes definitely.

You can join merchant navy directly after your mechanical engineering,you have to undergo a 10 month pre-sea training in marine engineering offered by many institues like MERI,mumbai and kolkata etc. or it is also offered by recruiting company itself.After that you will be appoint as a 5th engineer or tranee engineer with the stipend of anything between 20,000-40,000 per month.After few years of experiance say 5-7 years you will be able to become a chief engineer with the monthly salary of anything between 2-4 lacs per month.

Remember,you have to be medically fit in all respect.

Best of luck
13th January 2010, 11:20 PM
mathur

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

yes, you can join merchant navy after completing engineering. after training you can join as 5th engineer or trainee engineer
14th January 2010, 10:43 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi jatin ,

you can join merchant navy as an officer ,and the course for you will be---

1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.

and the best institute if MERI,mumbai,
this Institute is situated at Mumbai at Haybundar and provides 1 year Pre-Sea Training to graduate Mechanical Engineers to enable them to go on ships as Junior Engineers. To be eligibile for this course,you should have passed engineering degree in mechanical or in Naval Architecture from the AICTE recognized Institute. The selection is done on the basis of merit and the advertisement for this course is published in Employment News and other leading news papers in the month of November every year. The fees for this course is around Rs. 1,40,000/- including messing, uniform and accommodation
14th January 2010, 12:17 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hello rockstar
you can definitely apply for merchant navy as the reuirement of engineering in mechanicals, as details have already been mentioned regarding your training criteria, i just wanna wish you all the very best for your carrier and keep rocking.
14th January 2010, 06:34 PM
kusum singal

yes, you can join merchant navy after b.tech. in marie life.
14th January 2010, 07:35 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

yes you can,but i will advice you to do it from country like russia because there the merchant navy is really good and the job opportunities are huge
14th January 2010, 08:12 PM
rohit kumar singh

yes dear
definitely as a mechanical engineer you can join merchant navy...for that you have to take training in relevent area first..than you can apply for merchant navy..
26th January 2010, 06:14 AM
jatinder123

I have Diploma in mechanical stream and i'm 26 year old. please guide me to join merchant navy.
31st January 2010, 12:14 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Hello jatinder.

Since you are a diploma holder you can join merchant navy as a deck cadet,after completing a 1 year diploma in pre-sea training offered by many institutes,but problem is that you are 26 years old,so you will not be granted admission.

you have crossed the age limit of 23 years for a diploma holder to persue a pre-sea training,however,it is only possible if you are sc/st candidate other wise not.

Try out some port duty vacacy for diploma holder.
31st January 2010, 01:03 AM
edward
Top Answerer

yes you can go for merchant navy after your graduation,you have to go for 1 year pre- sea course and after this you can join any of the company you wish to directly.you can complete training from any any of the institute available near by you
31st January 2010, 01:14 PM
Aishwary

Yes you can join merchant navy after b.tech.
Best Of Luck
31st January 2010, 02:14 PM
sumitkumarinmit

here is 1 year certificate training done in kolkata so you can join it they will only make you join merchant navy in staff section this cost around 1-1.5 lakhs after which you will be placed ........
31st January 2010, 02:18 PM
sumitkumarinmit

there is 1 year certificate training done in kolkata so you can join it they will only make you join merchant navy in staff section this cost around 1-1.5 lakhs after which you will be placed ........
31st January 2010, 06:52 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi
and yes dear
you can join merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream
and the best institute if MERI,mumbai,
also NAMACK is the government institute you can join that
best of luck
31st January 2010, 07:01 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes you can join it but there are different posts in it depending upon your qualifications so check it you belons to which on the official website and take your step
1st February 2010, 02:03 PM
tusar das

sir,
i am continuing my B.TECH in mechanical..it is my final year...how can i apply for merchant navy??what is the procedure to join?how can i get the form?please tell about some good private colleges??????
2nd February 2010, 11:39 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

yes you can apply for the merchant navy after your b.teck.initially it will give you a training near about six month,then after you will be appointed in a merchant navy with fair handsome package.
3rd February 2010, 12:02 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

yes you can straight way go and join the merchant navy after the completion of the final year of your engineering and apply for it in the colleges for merchant navy or you can check the news papers for the recruitment procedure that wont be a issue but being mediacally fit does matter hope you get selected and all the best . your salary will be well within 25k-40k. good luck .
3rd February 2010, 09:29 AM
Aishwary

Hiiiiiiiiii Yes offcouse you can join merchant navy after Graduation....
3rd February 2010, 02:18 PM
sonialibran

It will depend upon the post you are applying for in merchant navy,if you are asking about studies ,its not applicable i think
3rd February 2010, 03:49 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Yes you can join merchant navy after your graduation...........there is a very bright future in navy, and good salary package.........
3rd February 2010, 11:43 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

ya you can join merchant navy after completing engineering in mechanical stream .. there is a need of mechanical and few other engineers in navy
4th February 2010, 02:49 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

sure you can for that you to do 6 months course and then you can apply to any of the company in which you wish to go.
14th March 2010, 11:49 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hey friend
you can give the exam of merchant navy,
after your b.teck.

so be ready for that

o k
15th March 2010, 03:52 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can know about the procedure to join the mearchant navy from
www.namacindia.com/join_mn.htm
all the best
16th March 2010, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Default how much a naval merchent officer make per month ?!

i heard that merchent naval officers make over 30000 per month is that right ?~
plz respond ...
22nd March 2010, 01:42 AM
hrishi_rga

I've completed my engineering in mechanical stream and my age is 25 yr.. Can I join Merchant navy?
31st March 2010, 12:53 AM
rajeshingarhwa

dear friend,
yes you can easily join merchant navy after completing engineering.you must have passed at least 12th standard.merchant navy requires to give NDA exam .so prepare for the exam.
best of luck
31st March 2010, 10:16 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend
to know about the procedure to join merchant navy visit
good luck
9th April 2010, 11:08 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

as you have done engineering in mechanical engineering you are eligible for direct entry in merchant navy........

so you can apply for the merchant navy.....for officer rank......

all you have to do is to apply at any institute of merchant navy and go for a course of your choice for 2 months ....

if you are a sponsored candidate then you will be given a privilege to attend your course at the institute or company which sponsored you........

you can apply for sponsorship at torm shipping, namac ,anglo eastern shipping....
all you have to do is to appear for a qualifying exam and an interview along with a medical exam......

after that you will be able to enter any merchant vessel of your choice

best of luck
10th April 2010, 11:48 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
yes you can do merchant navy after
completing your engineering from
mechanical stream, and there are lots of
opportunity come day by day employment
newspaper, and you can join artificial
apprentices and get works in ships, to check
machines, after completing merchant navy
course have a duration of 3 years..............

all the best
10th April 2010, 02:17 PM
dreamgirl

hi
"To Achieve The Paramount Status as the Best Career Counselors For The Merchant Marine Career"
visit
http://www.thehorizons.in/?gclid=CMbo8brQ-6ACFUNB6wodzirtvw
you can be an officer .
all the best and go for it
10th April 2010, 03:05 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
after your engineering course you can go for the merchant navy,
but for this you have to go for a training of the six month from the different company,
and really the future in this fields is very brights,
o k
all the best
11th April 2010, 09:17 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

you can definitely join merchant navy,
there is an notification for joining to maritime , Chennai in the Hindu paper dated 10-4-2010
please have a look in it
8th May 2010, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

sir can i join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?some one says in12th or 10th 50 percent
marks in english are necessary.is it true?if yes! plz give me a detail where the course is provided in india below 45 percent marks in english.
19th May 2010, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

i got 54% in 12th, can i get a seat in merchant navy collleges
19th May 2010, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

i got 54% in 12th,can i get a seat in a merchant navy instiute?
22nd May 2010, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after doing E.C.E
28th May 2010, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

i hav red green colour blindness .am i eligibile fore joining merchant navy after my btec in mechanical....i this a major medical condition......
28th May 2010, 02:13 AM
phuchi

hi friend
yes you can join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream.for more details log on the website
18th June 2010, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

hey i have done my engineering in elecronics and telecommunication, so can i join merchant navy?
and if yes then at what post can i join?
and what would be the pay scale?
18th June 2010, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I am automobile engineer.
Can i join merchant navy?
If yes then please tell me its procedure.
19th June 2010, 09:34 AM
BWSMNYS5123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin rockstar View Post
please somebody tell me that can we join merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream and how?
Yes you can.
You need to attend one year marine work shop training authorise by DG Shipping.
20th June 2010, 04:58 PM
sandy B

hello friends you can join marchant navy.for cracking you have to give a entrance.so you have to start preparation for cracking it.....
21st June 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

You can join Merchant navy without cracking any exams.
Graduate Mechanical Engineers have many options available.
25th June 2010, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

well sir i had done my engineering in electronics and communication ..how can i apply for merchant navy???
11th July 2010, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

how can i join merchant navy after Btech in mechanical
29th July 2010, 11:28 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
The minimum eligibility criteria of the Merchant Navy is passed in the 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

As you have said that you have completed our Mechanical Engineering ,so i think that you have to undergo a training and after then you will be selected as an Merchant Navy cadet.

All the best..
30th July 2010, 06:38 AM
sathsish

Smile Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?

hello friend,
you can definitely apply for merchant navy as the..

all the very best..keep rocking..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?