3rd October 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Hello sir, I am Aniket Tripathi the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,Commerce,Accounts,English,Computer want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.

30th October 2012, 08:48 PM
suraj391

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

[I][I]

Hello,
>> A candidate must have completed their

12th std. with PCM From Recognized board....

>> Age of Candidate should not exist 21 years

>> Only Unmarried Male can apply for it....

>> Nationality of India......

So, First off all complete your 12th then you are eligible for it...

All the best

thaxsss
all the best
31st October 2012, 12:13 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Hi Friend.........

Yes, You can join in Indian Navy with your 12th standard

but, first you can crack the NDA Examination

NDA stands for National Defense Academy

This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice

i.e.

NDA - I

&

NDA - II

NDA have 3 wings

Indian Air Force

Indian Navy

Indian Army

Eligibility Criteria

>> Candidates must have a 12th standard with PCM subjects from any recognized institutes

>> Candidates age should between 16.5 years to 19 years

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

>> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination

if you are satisfy above all eligibility successfully then you are eligible for NDA Examination

all the best
21st November 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

What are the requrirements and percentage of marks required to join merchant navy.
3rd December 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS SALARY OF MERCHANT NAVY AFTER 12th?
16th December 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

What shud i do to join merchant navy after 12th sci i got pcm..so wat shud i do...plz tell me
21st December 2012, 06:17 PM
sagar2212

hi friend........

Yes ,my dear friend,you can join merchant navy after completion of 12th with commerce but you should be eligible for it and the eligibility criteria is as follows:-

1.You should have at least 55% marks in 12th with commerce.

2.You should be physically fit.

3.Your eye sight should be correct i.e.6/6.

4.You have to give the NDA(National Defense Academy) after completion of
12th.

5.Girls are not eligible for NDA.

6.Only unmarried males are eligible for NDA.

thank u!!
31st December 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

My 10th class 49% number and 12 68% number and i join merchant navy
17th January 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi.
Now am in studying plus two how can i join merchant navy?
How much fee for this
26th January 2013, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

please sir can you give me all the requirement and certificates that are needed for applying for MERCHANT NAVY with an height of 5.6 after passing 12th?
2nd February 2013, 04:45 AM
Unregistered

what are the requirements for engineering in marchant neavy
2nd February 2013, 11:35 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not join Merchant Navy. For merchant navy you subjects should be Physics, Maths and Chemistry in 12th standard. Unfortunately since you do not have these subjects, there is no way for you to join the Merchant Navy.

You must consider some other field. The courses that are related to Merchant Navy require candidate of Science Stream. Only candidates having completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths are eligible for courses like Marine Engineering and B.Sc in Nautical Science.

You are not eligible for any of these courses. Direct entry is also not an option for you because that too requires candidate to have completed 12th with PCM subjects.

Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th with PCM.

2. Age limit is 20 years to apply.

3. There is 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

4. Candidate should be unmarried to apply.

5. You will have to pass a medical test.

There are two ways to enter merchant navy after completing 12th. You can either pursue Marine Engineering or B.Sc Nautical Science. These courses will ensure that you get officer level job.

Direct Entry

After completing 12th you can directly apply for deck cadet job. But you must have completed 12th with PCM. There is a 3 months long pre sea course that you will have to undergo.

Candidates who have completed B.Tech in Electrical/Technology/Mechanical are also eligible for jobs in merchant navy after completing 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering from MERI.
3rd February 2013, 01:51 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The eligibility criteria required for merchant navy are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM .

* Age limit- 20 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Sex- Male.

* Marital status- Unmarried or single.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

5th February 2013, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

how can the girls join the merchant navy?there is no any apportunity for girls?plz rply sir
8th February 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

sir i am nidhish can i join merchant navy after completing bsc electronics?
10th February 2013, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Hw can I join merchant navy after completing my 12 with pcm . I stay in mumbai and is it necessary to appear from iseet. Wat is the requirement of height plz rply
12th February 2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after passing 12th? which post to apply with 12th(in pcm 49%) ?
15th February 2013, 05:15 AM
Unregistered

Do i need to crack NDA to join merchant navy?? is it compulsory?
2nd March 2013, 11:42 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am Aniket Tripathi the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,Commerce,Accounts,English,Computer want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.

eligibility for navy merchant

1. Age limit is 20 years to apply.
  2. You should be physically fit.
  3. Only Unmarried Male can apply for it.
  4. Nationality- Indian.
13th March 2013, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage in 12th classs in pcm to join merchant navvy
23rd March 2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I am 12 th class student . How apply merchant navy in 2013. Plz give me some ideas. Thankyou
25th March 2013, 02:39 PM

Arrow Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3005309]My 10th class 51.5% number and 12 65% number with and i join merchant navy but my date of birth-14/09/1988
28th March 2013, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

sir
kya high school 42%aur inter 59%with physics chemistry and bio se pass hai .age 19year old.wet 66kg hight 5.10f chest 36-40inch kya me marchent nevi ke deck kaedet ke liye aavedan kar sakta hu kripa bataye.
thanks .
10th April 2013, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after completing BBA what is required
10th April 2013, 04:07 PM
rahulraiindia

hello friends I am also working as 2nd officer in merchant navy,even I was very confused to join merchant navy but my luck is good now,anyway if any one to join merchant navy they can appear for CET test and join training institute,I can only help you with contact details of consultancy from where I have started my career,I think they can guide you very well.
you can mail them question on : [email protected]
clear all your doubts ALL THE BEST
10th April 2013, 04:08 PM
rahulraiindia

hello friends I am also working as 2nd officer in merchant navy,even I was very confused to join merchant navy but my luck is good now,anyway if any one to join merchant navy they can appear for CET test and join training institute,I can only help you with contact details of consultancy from where I have started my career,I think they can guide you very well.
13th April 2013, 11:02 PM
yash pardeshi

Post Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suraj391 View Post
[I][I]

Hello,
>> A candidate must have completed their

12th std. with PCM From Recognized board....

>> Age of Candidate should not exist 21 years

>> Only Unmarried Male can apply for it....

>> Nationality of India......

So, First off all complete your 12th then you are eligible for it...

All the best

thaxsss
all the best
sir i want to join merchant navy after my 12 science
15th April 2013, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

my brother is given 12 std science exam....... And he wants to join marchant navy... He is got 94% in 10th std.... Plz tell the procedure of joining...... With fee...
20th April 2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

14th May 2013, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that after clearing the exam of 12 there is a need of study more if we dnt want
15th May 2013, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

sir if my eyesight is not so good but i am good in studies. then there is any poast for merchant navy?
20th May 2013, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i am searching jobs in merchant navy. do you have any information about it so reply me .

Thanks in advance
24th May 2013, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

hello sir...my brother got 59% in 12th(PCM). he have had ncc A certificate and hockkey state player....he wanna to join merchant navy .will you plz tell me what the procedure of joining it and also give me web address where i apply..
24th May 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir what tha minimum % req... In 12th to join merchant navy?? Plz reply sir with respect
24th May 2013, 10:41 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Eligibility for Merchanct navy :
1. Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses
2. After 12th you can join as an officer
3. You may also join through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields
i. Nautical (Deck)
ii. Marine engineering.
4. Unmarried Female and Male candidate are eligible .
5. The age limit is 16 - 25 years
6. You must have a fit and healthy body
7. The eye sight must be 6/6 without glasses and there should be no color blindness
8. Merchant Navy entrance exam : The All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited usually in the month of November-December every year for following courses i.e.,
i. B.Tech NAVAL ARCHITECURE & SHIP BUILDING (4 years)
ii. B.Tech – MARINE ENGINEERING
iii. B.Sc NAUTICAL SCIENCE
iv. PRE-SEA TRAINING G.P. RATINGS
v. M.B.A. SHIPPING & LOGISTICS

all the best.....
25th May 2013, 10:01 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends ....................

Yes, you can eligible for Marchant navy after the 12th

For this exam you must have following requirements ;;

The candidate should be a citizen of India

The Martial status needed for the NDA exam is that the candidate must be a unmarried male candidate

The age limit needed for the NDA exam is that you need to have 16 1/2-19 years

You need to be physically fit while appearing for the NDA exam as it is very important.

Selection Procedure:

Written test

SSB Interview

Medical test

More Details:

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th May 2013, 01:32 PM
kavya yadav 464

Smile Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

hello ,
you can join merchant navy in two ways.first you have do more further studies.the official level jobs are well paid and comes with additional perks. i think you have to continue your studies as pursue either bsc in nautical science or marine engineering course.
here are some eligibilities for navy
1.completion of 12th class with pcm
2.only unmarried
3. age limit is 20
all the best
thanks
25th May 2013, 03:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to become eligible for Merchant Navy.

On the basis of 12th class you can become a Deck Cadet in Merchant Navy.

For higher post like Engineering you have to complete Graduation in Marine Engineering or B.Sc in Nautical Sciences

You must have good physical fitness and eyesight then only you will be considered for the Merchant Navy. Color blindness is not allowed in Merchant Navy.

For getting admission into Marine Engineering course you have to appear for entrance examination. Getting a good rank will ensure that you get a good college for doing the course.

Before joining as Deck Cadet you have to undergo pre-sea training and all the physical fitness tests.

Merchant Navy career is a very adventurous and challenging .You need to have very good presence of mind and very good knowledge of skills. Also you have to live away from family for long periods.

For more information visit http://www.namacindia.com
27th May 2013, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

To Join a Merchant Navy there are two types of entries are there. One is officer and the other one is Rating (Sailor). For an officer you must have a pass in PCM at 10 2 level with 50% and above.

For Rating just you need to pass 10th Class with 40% and above. for further details about ratings please visit www.caamn.com
27th May 2013, 05:33 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The educational qualifications regarding with Merchant Navy exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any approved institution.

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in Nautical Science or in Marine Engineering from any approved institution.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

# Physical standard:- Must be fit.

Thanks.
1st June 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Drop your Biodata on email for eligibility and test required.
kindly send your details on : [email protected]
8th June 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

sir,
my age is 21
now i want to start my carrer marchent navy
plz tell me. the procedure..
i already finished B.E(CSE) degree
a) which exam i hav to write...
b)wen and wer to write exams

gmail [email protected]

.. thank u.......
9th June 2013, 03:06 AM
Giri45678

Smile Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

hi myself gireesh doing 3 yr bsc nautical science course, a part of merchant navy. all you need is an average height and weight and compulsorily perfect eye vision. you marks must me more than 60% in core subjects and more than 50% in english ( in my marine university). am doing this couse in amet university, chennai. contact me at [email protected].
9th June 2013, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

ihave passed 10th with 38.53% and my age is 25yrs can i join marchant navy
10th June 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

sir it is important to giveNDA exam after completing 12th for merchent navy
26th June 2013, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir & Madam I Am Ravi Singh From Delhi-34 My Dream Is To Want To Join Marchent Navy I Am Student In 12th Class Subject : I Think Math Science Most Recruitment In Marchent Navy I Have Math & Science Dear Sir Can You Please Tell Me How Can I Join Marchent Navy My Email Id : [email protected] It Is My Personal Id Sir Can You Please Send Me You Recruitment All Recruitment For Join The Marchent Navy

2nd July 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I have specks ve no 2.5/2.5 than also can i join merchant navy.
6th July 2013, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am anurodh shinde xtudent of sy B.Sc my sub. Pcb how can i will joind merchand navy
11th July 2013, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i have completed my class 12 with 75% .so can i join merchand navy? what is the procedure?
15th August 2013, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am anurodh student of B.ScII how can i joind merchent navy ?
My email id is_
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?