15th July 2010, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy or related courses after bsc chemistry securing 63%?

i completed my bsc chemistry securing 63%,
can i join merchant navy or related courses?
plz help me,

16th July 2010, 05:24 AM
amit.2186

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy or related courses after bsc chemistry securing 63%?

Dear friend , surely you can apply for mercahnt navy jobs or you may go for the bharti nausena for which the minimum qualification is bsc with 60% and i think you best suits for the job .please visit www.bharti-nausena.com
17th July 2010, 12:40 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy or related courses after bsc chemistry securing 63%?

The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. The candidate should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Since you have passed BSc. Chemistry with 63% marks you are elligible for joining merchant navy or related courses.
17th July 2010, 05:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to join merchant navy is 50% aggregaste marks in Physics/Chemistry/Maths.The candidate should not be more than 20 years.But the age limit is now extended to 25 years.Aspirants should pass the written test,interview and medical test.The eyesight should be 6/6.Upto +/-2.5 is considered.
18th July 2010, 08:42 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

sorry friend,
merchant navy has nothing to do with bsc chemistry.
only BSc NAUTIACAL science and marine engineering are preffered.
27th July 2010, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 50% in class xii and i want to be in merchant navy and i m 20 right now
what should i do for being in merchant navy.
[email protected] its my id pls inform me here.?
i want replies plssss
31st July 2010, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after bsc math .. if yes tll me the procedure?
1st August 2010, 12:56 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hello friend,
you can join the merchant navy course but in that case your B.Sc graduation degree won't work.
To join the navy courses you have to go through entrance exams conducted by marine institutes or pass the nautical science related courses.

All the best...
1st August 2010, 12:08 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i join merchant navy after bsc math .. if yes tll me the procedure?
Hello friend,

There are various openings in merchant navy but the two most important departments are the navigational department and engineering department.To join as an junior/fifth engineer, one needs to have a bachelor degree in engineering and to join as deck cadet in the navigational department, the minimum educational quaification required is +2 with PCM.
So, since you do not hold a degree in engineering, you may join as a deck cadet. Further promotion will depend upon your performance in examination conducted by Directorate General of Shipping (DGS). You will be able to write this examination after few years of your service on board.
To join as a deck cadet, you will also need to undergo a pre-sea training. This pre-sea training will be arranged by the recruiting company and you dont need to worry about it.
8th August 2010, 07:18 PM
prathamesh22

yes you can join merchant navy after Bsc
they require only 10+2 with minimum 60%
there are some company will give you direct training
MAERSK
AMS etc
best of luck
19th August 2010, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to join merchant navy after completing BE in electronics and telecommunication
do they hire us and pay during the training or we have to pay for the course.

can year down students (those who have completed their degree in more than 4 years) can apply for the course

(please note i am asking after BE not after 2)
20th August 2010, 06:49 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
dont,worry u can apply for merchant navy bsc chemistry
u have to score in 12th class in Physics,Chemistry & Math at least 60%
after B.sc u can take admission in Marine Engineering then may join merchant navy,after job the starting salary varies between Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 a month.

more details in:http://www.webindia123.com/career/options/merchant/data/eligibility.htm

Best of luck
4th September 2010, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

when entrance exams are conducted by marine institutes?answer me on [email protected]:
9th September 2010, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy or related courses after bsc ?
29th October 2010, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after doing bsc IT..?
plz reply sir
13th February 2011, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

i m in my final year of bsc in computer science. and want to join merchant navy after this can i and how if yes?
19th February 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Now i am doing B.Sc chemistry ,first year.my great will is to join in navy.i have 75% mark in plustwo computerscience. . . .is i am able to join in this.
please reply me to [email protected]
15th April 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

hi i have secured 50% marks in 2 now i am doing my bsc in chemistry.I would like to know if i can join merchant navy as deck cadet after my graduation in chemistry. please rply me on [email protected]
4th July 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Can I join merchant navy or related courses after bsc chemistry securing 63%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
The eligibility to join merchant navy is 50% aggregaste marks in Physics/Chemistry/Maths.The candidate should not be more than 20 years.But the age limit is now extended to 25 years.Aspirants should pass the written test,interview and medical test.The eyesight should be 6/6.Upto +/-2.5 is considered.
what is the procedure to join as a deck cadet with the above qualifications?
4th July 2011, 11:52 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my bsc chemistry securing 63%,
can i join merchant navy or related courses?
plz help me,
Dear Friend,

You can join merchant navy up the age of 25 years. But this is my suggestion if you have completed your graduation please go for any govt job which is suitable to you. By doing this you can utilise your degree.

If you will go for navy than again you have to study for at lease 3 years to be selected as 3rd officer. Your entry will be through Deck Cadet.

For merchant Navy courses you can contact at +91 9958250174 to know in details.

Final decision is up to you. Please decide accordingly.

Regards,

Ramjash
8th September 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I m doing B.Sc computer science, can i apply merchant navy??
31st July 2015, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am now studying in last year of bsc in chemistry I want to join merchant navy plz advise me what are the terms or condition to join.and what will be the fees if i join the traning .I want to be a officer plz help me plz
31st July 2015, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am now studying in last year of bsc in chemistry I want to join merchant navy plz advise me what are the terms or condition to join.and what will be the fees if i join the traning .I want to be a officer plz help me plz
16th September 2020, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after bsc in chemistry or related courses ..? With 10 2 PCM 50% & CBZ 62%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?