9th April 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I participate in IAS exam after doing BOPT(L)?

I have done BOPT(L) Can i participate ias exam...please tell me if its possible

16th April 2012, 09:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I participate in IAS exam after doing BOPT(L)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done BOPT(L) Can i participate ias exam...please tell me if its possible
BOPT (L) Stands for Bachelor Of Science In Optometry(Lateral) and this is the 3 years Graduate degree course and after completing this course you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS (Indian Administrative Officer).

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for civil services examination.

You have to attained the age of 21 years and not have to attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. Upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

But for this year examination Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for Preliminary examination was already Over. If you have missed the chance this year, then please apply for this examination Next year.

This year Preliminary examination will be held soon on 20/May/2012.

The examination is Conducted in two stages, preliminary examination and Main examination, Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary and then you are eligible for Main examination.

In this examination, you will get limited attempts and you have to cracked the examination within the given attempts and if you failed to cracked this examination within the given attempts then you can not fill the application form again in future.

Number Of Attempts :

~~ For General candidates : 4 Attempts
~~ For OBC Candidates : 7 Attempts
~~ For SC/ST : No Limits

So, please wait for next year examination notification and if you want to know more about this examination, then please visit the official UPSC Website :

upsc.gov.in
16th April 2012, 09:44 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes you are eligible for IAS exam.
BOPT(L) {Bachelor of science in optometry}, this is a graduation so you are eligible to write IAS exam.

IAS(INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university in any stream.

Age limits is 21 years to 30years, 3years age relaxation for the OBC candidates and 5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:

Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Interview.

No.of attempts:
4 times for general,
7times for OBC candidates and there is no restrictions for the SC/ST candidates.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
15th June 2013, 10:48 PM
Paliyal79

Yes.
You are eligible for join IAS exam conducted by UPSC.
BOPT (L)is three years graduate degree course which means Bachelor of Science in Optometry (latral).
After doing this course you have completed your graduationand hence you can apply for almost all the Civil services exams conducted by UPSC.
And also you can apply for IAS.
AGE LIMIT-
the candidate should be lies between 21-30 years.
5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
For more info go to
www.upsc.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?