20th June 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I prefer Mechanical Engineering if I am a girl?

mechanical engineering is prefered mostly by boys so can girls prefer it?

11th October 2011, 06:41 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I prefer Mechanical Engineering if I am a girl?

Mechanical engineering for girls:

if you are a girl and want to join Mechanical engineering then there is no problem in joining. if you have interest then you can join. mechanical is a royal branch and also evergreen branch. mechanical has very wide scope in future.
lots of jobs are there in this feild. largest no of government sector job are in this branch.

so, if you have interest related to mechine and all things then you can join this branch.

all the best!!!
27th November 2011, 03:28 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,
No, it's not like that If you want to do B.tech in Mechanical engineering you can do easily from the top university.
But there is objection for girl for doing Mining Engineering from I.S.M, dhanbad.

Otherwise there is no problem for girl in any branch of engineering.

good luck!
5th December 2011, 10:30 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Mechanical Engineering (M.E) is a branch of engineering which basically deals with Machines.

To be very frank, Machines, their study and handling and working with them is tough. Infact truely speaking for girls, it would be a lot of physical labor as they involve rigorous work with heavy machinery specially in the labs.

Also when you are in the field, you have to work equally with the workers so as to ensure what exactly you want at the end of the day on the site.

Mechanical Engineering is one of those evergreen fields, as it never dies in the market.

However some girls prefer studying it, but mostly girls go for Biotechnology if studied Biology in 12th, or ECE, CS or IT engineering.

So ultimately it is up to you to decide.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
6th December 2011, 12:17 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend it is totally depends upon your personal interest.
Now a days there is no difference between girls and boys..
They give a hard competition to boys in every field..
So, do not underestimate yourself...

See, in mechanical stream you have to do lots of physical work..
After getting a job in this field you may have to go outdoors, may have to do physical works..
Girls are trying to avoid this type of jobs.
That's why girls don't prefer mechanical stream..

But if you think that you can do it, then go for it..

All the best..
6th December 2011, 01:10 AM
nida shakeel

Mechanical Engineering Includes Hardware and Software.

Hardware Field consists of Machining,Manufacturing, Production, Planning

etc, and Software field consists of Designing of 2D &3D components, Drawing

etc. Some Girls jining Software field in Mechanical Engineering. so,Mechanical

Engineering is Suite for Both Boys and Girls.
6th December 2011, 02:31 AM
Khushboo kundnani

Thumbs up Re: Can I prefer Mechanical Engineering if I am a girl?

yes...why not??just go for it....and never stop yourself from doing anything just bcoz u are a girl.....
6th December 2011, 08:41 AM
nimijanu

hai there is no restriction saying that you cannot join mechanical engineering being a girl. its not at all like that, you can very well join. but you will find majority of boys in that environment. you have lot of scope in ECE which is suitable for girls when campared to mechanical engineering. anyhow, the final decision should be yours.
6th December 2011, 08:48 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
for all the engineering field manual work is necessary except in computer science and information technology. At the same time the worked involved for the mechanical engineers are handling huge instruments, machine parts etc. Where lot of handling is involved. It is not in all the case there are work in the office too.
But in the case of other engineering branches except civil engineering the site work is limited . But in both civil and mechanical engineering you will need to face different situations every day in the site which make the day interesting rather boring .
But for choosing engineering discipline there is no restriction based on the gender. Girls are prevented from joining mining only. If you prefer more of office work then choose branches other than civil and mechanical . All the best
6th December 2011, 09:46 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I prefer Mechanical Engineering if I am a girl?

Quote:
Can I prefer Mechanical Engineering if I am a girl?

The priority should be given to your Interest so if you are interested in Mechanical engineering then go for it .Mechanical engineering is an evergreen branch and contains a plenty of job opportunities not only in the private sector but also in public sector as well .so it has bright career .

But since it is related to machines so it needs some physical work even during your job which may not suit for a girl and that's the region why most of the girls prefer to choose branches like - computer science or Electronic and communication engineering .The jobs in these two branches are very luxurious and there is hardly any outdoor activities .These are office oriented jobs which means you will work mainly in offices.

So if you can handle these exception (Physical efforts) ,then there is no any problem in choosing mechanical engineering .Although there are very few girls who choose this field.This might create some dilema in your mind .But think with cool mind and give priority to your interest rather than other's thought.

With Regards
ravik1214
6th December 2011, 10:20 AM
tejesh_09

Off course being a girl you can prefer Mechanical Engineering there is no gender bar for this engineering.

Mechanical Engineering mostly deals in Machines which needs physical work hence study and handling of machines and working with them may be tough which may not be suitable to a girl but as you are interested in Mechanical Engineering it will not be a problem for you.

The Mechanical Engineering is an ever green branch as lot of job facilities are there in each and every Industry
6th December 2011, 11:27 AM
mayankkaushik02

Yes you can defiantly go for Mechanical engineering. It have no effect on your carrier whether you are girl or a guy.

Less girls choose this field because because it require more physical effort than any other engineering fields.
6th December 2011, 12:48 PM
jayparikh

Quote:
yes,definitely you can go for mechanical engineering. its a good branch and I don't think that as a girl you will find any problem.
moreover you can consult with your senior girl , who are studying mechanical engineering.

Its a good branch. go ahead.
best of luck
6th December 2011, 01:50 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I prefer Mechanical Engineering if I am a girl?

Quote:

Mechanical Engineering For Girls

There is no such hard and fast rule that only boys can opt for Mechanical Engineering and this stream is not meant for girls..

It is a common belief that Mechanical engineering only includes physical labour an hence,it is not meant for girls..but there apart from the field work..people are required for the office work too so girls can take up that..

It is not that girls don't take up ME..its that generally more boys get into it than girls..

Mechanical Engineering is one of the fields whose need in the market can never perish and without which..a country's economy cannot prosper so it is indeed a very important branch..

I would advise you to follow your interest rather than the general opinion..because it may turn out to be quite fruitful for you if you work hard..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
6th December 2011, 05:55 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Don't you know that the girls are the Future masters & in the coming centuries they are the bosses of this Engineering Field.Civil Or mechanical,Electrical Or computer science whatever the Field is ,Only a persons ability is judged & the employers has nothing to do with their Gender issues.

So If you are good in the mechanical engineering & ready to work in the toughest situation with the odd hours of work then you can opt it as a career.Now a days this field is good in scope as the traditional mechanical Engineering is gone and everything is now designed on computer using software like AutoCAD. An engineer's presence in the workshop will be minimal. Also, gone are the days when civil engineers used to toil under the hot sun working in project sites. So girls can come forward to take up civil or mechanical engineering.
6th December 2011, 05:56 PM
devesh2812

Yes.. why not dear...

this is totally depands on your interest.. Machanical is core branch which provides various opportunities in the government sector.. generally girls does not take too much interest in this branch..

so if you join this, this will be very great chance to get a very great job in government sector..

BEST OF LUCK..
6th December 2011, 07:07 PM
shreyasandy

Mechanical engineering is one of the most valuable department in engineering.For studying any department we should have interest.If you are having interest to join this department sure you can join even you are a girl.Noways girls are doing their works equal to boys.. so don't lose you confident.
all the best...
with regards,
Shridevi
17th February 2013, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

i love mechanical engineering & i am a girl, if i prefer this course can i get job easier?
17th February 2013, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

can a girl prefer this course
1st June 2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

girls should rock should go into minor or major each and every field
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?