29th October 2010, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects are suitable for a mechanical engineering student in IAS exam?

i am a mechanical engineering student..plz let me know the subjects suitable for me to opt for preparation???

Related Questions:
  1. Which books should I read for Mechanical engineering subjects as per IAS syllabus?
  2. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Which IAS subject will be suitable for ECE Engineering Student? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which subjects are to be chosen by an engineering student majoring in ECE for IAS preparations?
  6. How to write IAS exam if I am a engineering student?
  7. How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering
  8. Can I become an IAS Officer having BA background? What are the suitable subjects in BA to become IAS Officer? -- [New]
  9. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
  10. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  11. How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT
  12. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  13. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  14. Latest question paper pattern of IAS examination? Which subjects should I opt?
  15. Which are the subjects for UPSC exam for mechanical engineering students?
  16. I am a Mechanical Engineering student : Which books to refer for IAS and IFS exams?
  17. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer?
  18. Suitable subjects and books for IAS Officer exam?
10th May 2011, 07:24 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which subjects are suitable for a mechanical engineering student in IAS exam?

There is no such restriction to choose particular subjects for engineers,
but you cannt choose two subjects which are of engineers background like maths and physics etc.

UPSC optionals:

# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology
10th May 2011, 08:53 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subjects are suitable for a mechanical engineering student in IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a mechanical engineering student..plz let me know the subjects suitable for me to opt for preparation???
The optional selection should be done based up on your interest

things to be remembered as a mechanical student

you have the optional subjects which are related to your branch i.e., Mechanical and Electrical

but there is a limitation for you i.e., you have to select only one optional Engineering subject

The Mechanical student mostly selects Mechanical and Public Administration

or Mechanical and Psychology

or Mechanical and Mathematics

In this way most of Mechanical student optional selection

There is no neccessity to choose mechanical for sure if you are not interested in selecting mechanical then you may ignore this subject and select what subject you want

All the optionals available for you are as follows

Mathematics
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Management
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration

You can select any of the optional as you're interested there is no compulsion at all

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd May 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects are suitable for a mechanical engineering student in IAS exam?

i am a btech student having 2nd semester i want to give ias exam i don't know how many subjects are there in pre and mains and how to prepare. what subjects are more benefecial and ensure my success.
29th May 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical engineer and want to be an IAS, could you please guide me in selecting the mains optional subjects.
4th June 2011, 12:17 PM
asrar dev

Default Re: Which subjects are suitable for a civil engineering student in IAS exam?

i am b tech student of 5th semester and i want to give an is exm and i dont know what subjects are there and hw to prepare? please suggest me some subjects?
20th June 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Respected guider i'm b tech students 2nd year with mechanical trade nt such a gd clg like iit's only a government clg and i select optional sub mechanical plz suggest me how to prepare for achiving succes in clg
20th June 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Respected guider i'm b tech students 2nd year with mechanical trade nt such a gd clg like iit's only a government clg and i select optional sub mechanical plz suggest me how to prepare for achiving succes in clg
24th June 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a civil enignear.
8th October 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

i want to be mechanical engineer how
23rd March 2012, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

gud evening every body, iam a mechanical engineer and i want to start preperation for IAS for 2013, please i need guidance for optional selection, just now i cleared APGENCO ae and i am going to join this, how much it will helpful mechanical as optional, and material availabilty for mech. i got a doubt because i refered to a old paper i feel it hard, please advice me thank u , and i will be waitnig for ur valuable suggestions, Thanku
23rd March 2012, 10:40 PM
biswarup.jackon14

Talking Re: Which subjects are suitable for a mechanical engineering student in IAS exam?

HELLO Friend--

You can study the following:

The List pf optional subjects for the main exam are:

1. Agriculture Management
2. Animal Husbandry
3. Vetinary Science
4. Mathematics
5. Anthropology
6. Mechanical Engineering
7. Botany
8. Medical Science
9. Chemistry
10. Philosophy
11. Civil Engineering
12. Physics
13. Commerce & Accountancy
14. Political Science & International Relations
15. Economics
16. Psychology
17. Geography
18. Sociology
19. Geology
20. Statistics
21. Indian History
22. Zoology

->And among these optional subjects i think the easy to score is geography, Mathematics and Indian history because they are limited.

->For more information you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2012, 07:21 AM
vijaykumarsriram
Member+

Quote:
hai friend
there is no such restictions to choose particular subjects for engineers
UPSC optionals:
# Mathematics
# Agriculture
# Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
# Botany
# Chemistry
# Civil Engineering
# Commerce
# Economics
# Electrical Engineering
# Geography
# Geology
# Indian History
# Law
# Mathematics
# Management
# Mechanical Engineering
# Medical Science
# Philosophy
# Physics
# Political Science
# Psychology
# Public Administration
# Sociology
# Statistics
# Zoology
# Anthropology
17th January 2014, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone send me the syllabus of public administration and defence studied...also i m a MCA i have to start from the begining so please mention my most suitable subject for mains
.........Dear provider send me the syllabus of CSAT and website related to that my email id is [email protected].........
22nd May 2015, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am a mechanical engineering student, I want to study aircraft engineering. What are the best subject for me to study?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?