14th December 2017, 12:35 PM
Lorin braggs

Can I pursue MCA having 7 years experience after Diploma in computer science?

Hi, I have completed 10th(75%), PUC (PCMS, 57%) and 3 year polytechnic in computer Science (52%). I have work experience of more than 7 years. I would like to do MCA. Am I eligible for that? or can I pursue PGDCA to get eligibility for MCA.

Rgds,
Lorin

Related Questions:
  1. How can I pursue Ph.D in Computer Science being a candidate having completed MCA course and with 3 years of experience as Computer Teacher and another 3 years in Industry?
  2. Which is the best course to do in Diploma?
  3. Detailed information and specializations available to study in Polytechnic course?
  4. Can I pursue MBA after completing three years Diploma in Computer Science? Which course other than MBA will be a good career choice?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Computer Science if having 2 years of work experience being a 10th passed candidate?
  6. Is it possible for me to pursue MS abroad in Computer Science?
  7. How to get a job of web designer after completing BSc computers?
  8. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  9. How can I get admission to study PhD in Computer Science while having 5 years of Software experience on MCA basis?
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  11. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
  12. Can I pursue MCA if I did not have Maths as a subject in class 12th?
  13. Can I study Regular MCA if pursuing Distance BCA after completing Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Science course?
  14. After diploma in Computer Science which course can I do? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to pursue PhD in Computer Science after completing MCA scoring 74% marks?
  16. Criteria to pursue Diploma in Nautical Science? Do i need to pursue B.Sc. after Diploma completion?
  17. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  18. Am I eligible to pursue ME Computer Science from BITS-Pilani, Goa after completing MCA from Goa University?
14th December 2017, 09:06 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue MCA having 7 years experience after Diploma in computer science?

MCA is Master in Computer Application and it is two year duration course.

No, you are not eligible to get admission in the course as pr your present qualification. The required eligibility to get admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

For admission in some of the universities it is mandatory to have Mathematics and English as main paper.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination.

Entrance examination for admission in MCA course is :- NIMCET, IIT JAM, GGS IPU CET etc..
14th December 2017, 09:26 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I pursue MCA having 7 years experience after Diploma in computer science?

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for MCA (Master of Computer Application) course after having 3 year polytechnic diploma course in computer stream, because to apply for MCA course minimum qualification required is bachelors degree in Science, Arts, Commerce stream from government recognized institute.

So as you are interested in doing MCA, then you must have to gain bachelors degree first and then apply for MCA exam. After having bachelors degree duration of MCA course is 3 years.
14th December 2017, 10:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. The academic qualification required for this degree is that candidate should have done bachelor's degree in computer applications or engineering or science etc. Final year candidates of all these courses are also eligible for MCA course.

But candidate who has done diploma in computer application can not apply for MCA course. After DCA, you can pursue BCA to become eligible for MCA. For MCA course, you must have studied mathematics in senior secondary board exams. Without mathematics, you will not be eligible for MCA course.
14th December 2017, 11:01 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can not pursue Master of Computer Application after completion of Diploma in Computer science. Experience has nothing to do with qualification for MCA course.

The requirements for MCA course:

Academic qualification: Graduation in science, computer application etc.

Mathematics is compulsory in 12th.
15th December 2017, 01:43 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in MCA course after diploma.

The minimum required to get admission in master degree is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with mathematics as main paper and have scored minimum 50%.

Candidates also have to qualify in admission entrance examination for admission in most of the institutes.

The duration will be of two year ( 4 semester ). So, you have to complete bachelor degree to appear in examination not PGDCA course.
15th December 2017, 05:02 PM
sunil kashav
Junior Member+

YOU are not eligible to apply for MCA course after having 3 year polytechnic diploma course in computer stream, because t apply for MCa course minimum qualification required is bachelors degree in Science, Arts, commerce stream from government recognized institute.

So as you are interested in doing MCA, then you must have to gain bachelors degree first and then apply for MCA exam. After having bachelors degree duration of MCA course is 3 years.
15th December 2017, 08:55 PM
kachhadiyasharda

As per your present qualification of diploma in computer science, You are not eligible for MCA with whatever the experience. If you want to pursue MCA, then you should first complete your bachelor's degree in computer science and then after you will be eligible for MCA.

MCA Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline with mathematics as a subject at (10+2) level or bachelor's level from a recognized university.
- You are required to appear and qualify the entrance exam for admission conducted by respective university.

MCA Entrance Syllabus
- Mathematics
- Computer Awareness
- Analytical Ability
- Reasoning
- English
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?