2nd March 2013, 12:20 AM
abhirajusha

Can I pursue my career computer engineering after passing 12th with PCM?

Can pursue my career in computer engineering even after passing 12th class with pcm but without computer science

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue my career with computer engineering after clearing 12th board examination with PCM
  2. What should I do to pursue Computer Engineering after completion of 12th with PCM?
  3. Which career option should I opt for a better career opportunity excluding engineering after 12th? I have done my 12th(55%) with PCM and physical education subjects
  4. Is Computer Engineering a good career option after passing 12th? Which is the best engineering stream nowadays?
  5. How to make a career after passing 12th in PCM with minimum 50% marks
  6. Can I do civil engineering after passing 12th science with PCM and computer science
  7. How to do B.Tech engineering after passing 12th? I want to pursue Astronaut
  8. Best career oriented courses after passing 12th this year? I am a 12th commerce with computer
  9. Career options after passing 12th PCM from engineering studies?
  10. Career options after 12th standard with PCM and Computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which is the best career option for me after passing 12th with PCM? I am interested in Civil Services
  12. What are the career options to study PCM in class 12th
  13. How should I take up computer science after passing 12th PCM with Physics Edu?
  14. How to make my career in Indian Army after passing 12th exam in PCM subject?
  15. What can I do after passing 12th with PCM without engineering? -- [New]
  16. How can I develop my career in computer field? I am a 12th class PCM student
  17. How can I make a career after passing intermediate exam with PCM?
  18. How should I proceed to pursue my dream of becoming a computer engineer after passing 12th?
2nd March 2013, 08:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue my career computer engineering after passing 12th with PCM?

You don't necessary have to take Computers subject in high school if want to pursue Computer Engineering in the future. A candidate who has completed 12th standard with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM) is eligible for any engineering course including computer engineering.

Since you have completed 12th with PCM, it is very much possible for you to pursue computer engineering. In the B.Tech you have two options:

Information Technology

Computer Science

I will recommend that you pursue B.Tech in Computer Science. Alike other engineering courses, Computer Science Engineering is also a 4 years long graduation course.

For admission in a engineering college you must appear for entrance exams, just like any other student in the country. The options in front of you are:

ISEET

BITSAT

UPSEE

The most obvious choice would be ISEET entrance exam. It is a new entrance exam for engineering which has replaced AIEEE and IIT-JEE entrance exams. It will be first conducted in 2013.

The Ministry of Human Resources and Development want to replace ISEET with all existing entrance exams for engineering in the country. It is currently in talks with various states to adopt ISEET from next year onwards.

ISEET Eligibility

1. You must have completed 12th with PCM.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th board.
5th March 2013, 10:39 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue my career computer engineering after passing 12th with PCM?

Yes, you are eligible for engineering/diploma courses in computer science. Pass in 12th with PCM is the basic qualification required. Admissions are done through entrance test like IIT JEE, MHT CET or AIEEE. Separate entrance test are conducted for diploma courses. After successful completion of any of these courses, you can have a well paid job in software sector.
5th March 2013, 03:26 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Abhiraj,

Yes, you can pursue your carrer computer engineering after passing 12th with PCM.

If, you want to pursue other engineering courses, you can do.

You can do B.Tech with two options:-

* Computer Science.

* Information Technology.

Computer Science Engineering is better option for you.

For doing engineering courses, you will have to take admission in good engineering colleges.

For taking admission in good engineering colleges, you will have to appear for carious entrance examinations:-

* BITSAT.

* ISEET.

* UPSEE.

The eligibility criteria for these examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM and 40% marks from any accredited board.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
27th March 2013, 01:44 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue Computer Engineering course if you have done 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Maths.

There is no problem in the subject combination if you are willing to do Computer Engineering.

You can apply for entrance examination for admission into the Engineering course after 10+2.

Just apply for the Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering and if you get a good rank then you can get admission into a reputed college.

The best colleges for Computer Engineering will be IITs and NITs.

So study well and try to get a very good rank so that you can get admission in the top most college.

The entrance examination will test your knowledge in the subjects of Physics, Maths and Chemistry.

The syllabus will be from both 11th and 12th classes so revise what you have studied in your 10+2.
6th June 2013, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

can i take BEd after computer engg diploma
7th October 2013, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

can i take BCA for comp engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?