5th November 2011, 12:36 PM
raghav312

What should I do to pursue Computer Engineering after completion of 12th with PCM?

i want to do computer engineering..i have opted for PCM with computer so what i should do after class 12??

5th November 2011, 07:13 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to pursue Computer Engineering after completion of 12th with PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav312 View Post
i want to do computer engineering..i have opted for PCM with computer so what i should do after class 12??
What should I do to pursue Computer Engineering after completion of 12th with PCM?

You will have to take part in engineering entrance exams like- IIT-JEE and AIEEE . after passing class 12th (also eligible if appearing this year). There are so many entrance exams like - VITEEE, WB-JEE, JCECE ,Orissa-JEE e.t.c but among these IIT-JEE is the best and after that AIEEE is the next best.See the criteria for these exam and fill up the forms.

You will need to get good marks and rank as well to get good colleges .During councelling ,choose your branch as Computer Science Engineering or IT. These two branches are related to computer .After getting admission ,you will have to complete 4 years B.Tech degree to become a computer engineer.

With Regards
ravik1214
5th November 2011, 09:28 PM
Fraction Down

Default Re: What should I do to pursue Computer Engineering after completion of 12th with PCM?

dear friend,

For Engineering in Computer Science There is :-1.>Polytechnic Engineering.

2.>Bachelor Of Technology.

1.>Eligibility For Polytechnic Engineering

i)You should complete your 10 th standard with minimum 50% marks.

ii)Then you have to appear jexpo Examination as a Entrance examination.

2.>Eligibility For Bachelor Of Technology

i)You should complete your 10th standard.

ii)You should complete your 10+2th standard.

ii)Then you have to appear the following Examination as a Entrance examination.

A)IIT JEE.You should maintain Minimum 60% in up to 10+2 class.

B)AIEEE.You should maintain Minimum 60% in up to 10+2 class.

C)WBJEE.You should maintain Minimum 50% in up to 10+2 class.

D)VITEEE.You should maintain Minimum 60% in up to 10+2 class.

E)BITSAT.You should maintain Minimum 80% in up to 10+2 class.

For the syllabus follow the attachment.

Best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: txt jee syll.txt(25.7 KB, 88 views)
5th November 2011, 09:39 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do to pursue Computer Engineering after completion of 12th with PCM?

Hello,
After qualifying high school examination you may opt B.E. (Bachelor in Engineering) with CS (Computer Science) branch.Required qualification to persue B.E.-
*Qualify high school exam with minimum 50%,with PCM from affiliated Institute.
~You can get direct admission in private colleges(some recognised private colleges demands for donation).
~You may get admission in government college on the basis of high school percentage,via Merit list.
~If you wish to complete your Bachelor degree from recognised institute in India,you may appear in competitive entrance exams such as IIT-JEE,AIEEE,WBJEE etc..You are not forced to appear in these exams.
Ok,Best of luck.
7th November 2011, 12:33 AM
raghav312

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravik1214 View Post

You will have to take part in engineering entrance exams like- IIT-JEE and AIEEE . after passing class 12th (also eligible if appearing this year). There are so many entrance exams like - VITEEE, WB-JEE, JCECE ,Orissa-JEE e.t.c but among these IIT-JEE is the best and after that AIEEE is the next best.See the criteria for these exam and fill up the forms.

You will need to get good marks and rank as well to get good colleges .During councelling ,choose your branch as Computer Science Engineering or IT. These two branches are related to computer .After getting admission ,you will have to complete 4 years B.Tech degree to become a computer engineer.

With Regards
ravik1214
what if i dont get good marks or i dont get selected or should i drop one year and prepare for it ,if not then what should i do?
12th June 2013, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

i want to know after 12th and jee main entrance exam which field is best for master in computer science and also which field is better for software...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?