21st March 2019, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Can I secure job in PSUs with 64% in BTech being an OBC candidate?

Sir/Madam, I have secured 64% marks in my BTech course. I want to get job in PSU. Some of the PSUs offers job with 65% marks. I belongs to an OBC category. So, I am eligible or not to secure job in PSUs?

31st March 2019, 04:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I secure job in PSUs with 64% in BTech being an OBC candidate?

Getting job in Public Sector Undertakings will depend upon your Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering rank.

With 64% marks in Bachelor of Technology, you are eligible to apply for PSUs jobs and GATE examination.
3rd April 2019, 03:01 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I secure job in PSUs with 64% in BTech being an OBC candidate?

Hi,

Having 64% aggregate marks in your BTech make you eligible to apply for PSUs. As its the eligibility criteria for PSUs that the candidate must posses bachelors degree in engineering with a minimum of 60% marks.
Fulfilling this criteria just made you eligible to give entrance exams for getting jobs in PSUs.

But for securing a job in PSU you have to score above 85 marks in GATE examination as you are an OBC candidate.
For an OBC candidate below 85 marks in GATE is very difficult to get a job in PSU nowdays or you can say it is not possible at all as the competition is at its peak these days in every examination.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?