25th July 2010, 06:54 PM
arindam48

Institutions offering correspondence courses for PSU exam? Criteria for appearing in PSU exam? Nature of work involved for EEE engineers in PSU's? Salary package and benefits in PSU?

Hello sir,
I am presently pursuing B.Tech in "Electrical & electronics engineering"(3rd year) from BPUT (Orissa).Kindly guide me regarding following :
a)Institutes which offer correspondence courses for PSU exams.

b)Criteria for appearing in PSU exams.

c)Nature of work involved for EEE engineers in PSUs.

d)Salary package & benefits on bing recruited to PSUs.

THANK YOU.

Arindam Bhattacharjee

Related Questions:
  1. After ECE is it better to sit for PSU exams or do M.Tech? Salary Packages in PSU companies for ECE Engineers?
  2. Actual salary paid by PSUs like NTPC, IOCL and Indian Power Grid to B.Tech engineers? What does it mean by advertised salary of PSUs?
  3. Eligibility criteria to appear for PSU exam?
  4. What is the PSU exam time table? Syllabus for Mechanical Engineers and books to be studied for PSU exams?
  5. Good preparatory books for PSU exams recruiting chemical engineers? PSU's which recruit chemical engineers?
  6. What is the allotted package in PSU for computer engineer?
  7. Which PSU's recruit production engineers? What is the syllabus for preparation for PSU
  8. Which all PSU's require Civil Engineers?
  9. Chances to get into PSU if I dont have 65% in my B.Tech? List of PSU considering students with less than 65%?
  10. What actual total salary pay of PSU (NTPC or IOCL) for Assistant engineers after 1 year Training Period?
  11. Where and how should I contact for Summer training in PSUs?
  12. What is the meaning of PSU? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Name of PSU exams? Percentage required for them and other eligibility?
  14. Can B.Tech 4th year students appear for PSU examination? What is the eligibility criteria to appear for PSU exam?
  15. Possibility to apply for PSU recruitment exam for AMIE student? -- [New]
  16. What is the last date of submission of forms for PSU? What is the salary under PSU's?
  17. What is the syllabus for PSU exam? Which companies will take PSU exam?
  18. Can I get into PSU if I dont have 65% in my B.Tech? List of PSU considering students with less than 65%?
15th May 2011, 08:31 AM
Abhi..nav

Arrow Re: Institutions offering correspondence courses for PSU exam? Criteria for appearing in PSU exam? Nature of work involved for EEE engineers in PSU's? Salary package and benefits in PSU?

As you are intrested in PSU exams so you must have pass with graduation .
with 60 % for some companies.
some companies aslo need 65%
so at least you should have 65% in your graduation.
then you can get appear for differernt PSU
you Really egerious to know about salary .
So, its also varry for different PSU companies.
but approx mately you will get a pay scale of 20,000 to 35,000
these are institue which are started correspondance course for PSU preparation:
IES
ACE, Hyderabad
GATEFORUM
T.I.M.E
15th May 2011, 11:29 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Default Re: Institutions offering correspondence courses for PSU exam? Criteria for appearing in PSU exam? Nature of work involved for EEE engineers in PSU's? Salary package and benefits in PSU?

General requirements:

• B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required

• For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.

• Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.

• Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC

List of companies with their Eligibility criteria for Management trainee / Engineer / Engineering Graduates / Executive Trainees.

HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)

Eligibility:

• Graduate in Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Production/Computer Science/ Metallurgy/ Aeronautic Branches of Engineering from any recognized Institution/University.

• General/ OBC candidates should have secured 65% marks and SC/ST candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% Marks. in the aggregate (average of marks scored for all the Semesters/ Years) Or corresponding CGPA Ratings / Gradations in their Engineering Degree Examinations.

• Engineering Graduates in the Aeronautical Branch with minimum aggregate 60% marks (for General/OBC) and 50% for SC/ST would be eligible to apply.

• Applications should be submitted strictly 'ONLINE' by logging to HAL Website after recruitment notification

NTPC

Eligibility:

• Students belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged categories (Visually Handicapped / Hearing Handicapped / Orthopaedically Handicapped) and pursuing full time degree course in Engineering in the disciplines of Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunication from a college / university institute recognized by the Govt. of India and should be in the Third Year are eligible to apply for the exam with 65% marks.

• Age relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years OBC candidates

• Minimum 55% marks for SC/ST/Physically challenged persons

• Maximum age limit vary with category of posts as specified by NTPC from time to time through advertisements.

HPCL Recruitment of Officer Trainees- Engineering Disciplines

Eligibility:

• Qualifications – Full time Graduates in Engineering / Technology in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical and Electronics & Telecommunications Discipline from a recognised Indian University / Institute.

• Max Age Limit.SC / ST: 30 years, after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives

• OBC : 28 years , after allowing age relaxation as per Govt. Directives

• SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply.

• Those candidates who will be appearing for their Final Year can also apply. SC/ST candidates scoring minimum 50% (in aggregate) and OBC Candidates scoring minimum 60% (in aggregate) are eligible to apply. However, their eligibility for the selection will be subject to their obtaining minimum 60 % (For SC/ST-minimum 50 %) in aggregate in qualifying degree.

Selection :

Written Test/ Interview:

Candidates fulfilling all of the above criteria will be eligible for appearing for Written Test which is objective type consisting of two parts.

• General Aptitude

• Academic Knowledge
The candidates will be called for the Personal Interview as per the policy of the Corporation.

BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)

Qualification:

• Full time Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics) from a recognized Institute, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.

• Upper Age Limit 30 years

DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization)

Essential Qualifications

Atleast first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Following Branches:

• Electronics & Communication Engineering

• Mechanical Engineering

• Computer Science & Engineering

• Chemical Engineering

• Electrical Engineering

• Instrumentation Engineering

• Metallurgical Engineering.

• First class Master’s Degree in Science in Chemistry/Physics from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.

Age Limit

The upper age limit is 28 years (as on 31st May 2010). It is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/HH/OH candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them as per rules in vogue. Age is also relaxable for Armed Forces Personnel as per rules in vogue.

Nationality

Only Indian nationals need apply.

BSNL- JTO (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- Junior Telecom. Officers)

Eligibility:

Nationality: Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.

Educational Qualifications:

JTO (Telecom)

Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized engineering college/university:

• Telecommunication

• Electronics

• Radio

• Computer

• Electrical

• Information Technology

Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply.

JTO (Civil)

Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution/University. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply .

JTO (Electrical)

Applicant must possess a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution/University. Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply.

The applicant for JTOs(Telecom), JTOs(Civil) and JTOs(Electrical) should not be more than 30 years of age on the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates. However, this age is relaxable as per standing instructions on this subject for:

• Govt. servants upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt.

• BSNL employees upto 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the BSNL

• For Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes candidates upto 5 years

• For OBC Candidates upto 3 years

• For General Category PH candidates upto 10 years, (for SC/ST 15 years and for OBC 13 years)

• For certain other categories like ex-servicemen, displaced persons from East Pakistan[now Bangladesh], repatriates from Burma and Ceylon [now Srilanka],residents of Goa, Daman & Diu, persons migrated from Kenya, Uganda, Republic of Tanzania as per instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.

• For Residents of J&K – Relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP&T’s Notification No.15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dtd. 7.12.2007 pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu and Kashmir (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules 1997”.

Further in respect of apprentices who have undergone apprentice training in BSNL successfully, there will be following provision:

• An apprentice will be required to compete in the common competitive examination conducted by BSNL along with other direct candidates and preference to the apprentices over non-apprentices direct candidates will be given only if apprentices secures equal place in merit in select zone and all other eligibility conditions being equal.

• The apprentices would not be required to get her/his name sponsored by any employment exchange.

• The apprentices would be entitled to age relaxation to the extent of the period for which the apprentice had undergone training as apprentice in the BSNL.

For further assistance and information, log on to websites of the respective PSUs.
27th June 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Institutions offering correspondence courses for PSU exam? Criteria for appearing in PSU exam? Nature of work involved for EEE engineers in PSU's? Salary package and benefits in PSU?

Institutions offering correspondence courses for PSU exam .Is it sufficient for preparation?
1st August 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

which branch has better scope in public sector,i heard electronics is good but the competition is more on the other hand civil has equal opportunities with less competition..please guide me!!
6th October 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Eiligbility of power grid
6th October 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

if i got 60 percent which psu company applied
9th December 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

can eee students apply for the job which is meant for ee branch???is there any difference between these two???
12th January 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

for an ECE engineer which line is most suitable MBA or GATE.
19th December 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

whether packages of PSU companies are high when compared to IES
2nd April 2015, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am presently working in a state govt. Company as assistant engineer in electricity distribution with salary of 40k since jan 2015 But I have got AIR 61 in gate 2015. I am not interested in doing m.tech. but I like to join in , suggest me which is best psu
Presently I am in probation period. If I wish quit the present job before 2yrs from joining I have to payback all the salary recieved 30000/-.
So it is important for me to take correct decision among the available choices such as continuing present job(posting to native place throughout the career) , joining psu's.
Please give suggestion which give better growth , satisfaction and wealth...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?