13th July 2020, 09:00 AM
Sabbavarapu chaitanya

Can I study Bachelor's degree course directly on the basis of ITI course?

Sir, I have qualified ITI exam with 84% scored and 10th with 52%. So, can I start with a Graduate degree course now? Would I have to appear for any entrance? And, which are the top 5 branches in engineering degree course which I can do after ITI?

19th July 2020, 02:49 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Bachelor's degree course directly on the basis of ITI course?

No, you cannot directly pursue Graduation degree course in engineering after completing ITI course. After ITI, you have to complete Diploma course in which you will get lateral entry.

As usual, Diploma course is of 3 years duration but through lateral entry, its duration will be of 2 years only. After completing Diploma course, you can get admission to graduation course in engineering.

Here also, in graduation, you will get lateral entry. Usually, graduation course is of 4 years duration but through lateral entry, its duration will be of 3 years only.

After getting admission to engineering course, you can choose anyone of the following specializations:
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Computer Science
  • Civil Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics and Communication
19th July 2020, 09:02 PM
Career Saints

Default Re: Can I study Bachelor's degree course directly on the basis of ITI course?

Now ITI degree is considered to be equivalent to XII STD. Yes, you can apply for the bachelor's degree courses. You need to check the eligibility for that particular course and the institution your are applying to.
Apart from the national level engineering entrance exam, JEE Main, various states across the country also hold separate entrance exams for the admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes offered by their state universities and the respectively affiliated institutes. Many budding engineers also appear for State level engineering entrance exams to keep their options open for better chances of admissions in a tough competitive environment. The only important thing to check is the eligibility as most States prefer to their own students while the others may or may not be given a chance at admissions. However, this is restricted to the government and aided colleges. Admissions to private colleges are mostly open to students from other States.
Engineerong branches depends on your qualification in ITI
1. If you have done ITI Electronics or Electrical sector you can go for ECE OR EEE.
2. If you have done ITI In mechanical sector you can go for mechanical engineering.
26th April 2023, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Hi is there ITI 2years completion equivalent to 2 .if yes do you have any government order for the same Please share the PDF document.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?