31st May 2019, 03:24 PM
Sruthi s sunil

Can I study BCA after completion of Intermediate from Commerce stream with Mathematics?

I am pursuing my 12th from Commerce stream. I do not have Computer Application but I do have Mathematics. So, will I be able to take admission in BCA?

3rd June 2019, 12:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA after completion of Intermediate from Commerce stream with Mathematics?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and as the name suggests it is an undergraduate degree course with good career scope in software and IT world.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue BCA degree course is a Class 12th in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with Mathematics as one of the subject, you are eligible to pursue BCA degree course irrespective of whether you have studied any computer course/subject at Class 12th level or not.
3rd June 2019, 11:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA after completion of Intermediate from Commerce stream with Mathematics?

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application. It is three year course from a recognised university.

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

For admission in some of the institute, it is mandatory to have Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are eligible for admission in BCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?