26th April 2015, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for BCA course if I am a commerce student with computer application?

i am a commerce student with computer application so can i apply BCA curse???

27th April 2015, 12:40 AM
GoluBoss
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for BCA course if I am a commerce student with computer application?

BCA means Bachelor of Computer Application in which we study study about computer related subjects.
As you studied computer application (commerce) in 10+2 then you can easily get admission in college in BCA.
Also eligibility criteria for admission in BCA are

candidate must have passed 10+2 in either science or commerce with minimum of 55-60% marks depending upon eligibility criteria of respective colleges you wish to take admission.
27th April 2015, 12:59 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for BCA course if I am a commerce student with computer application?

Bachelor of computer application is a three year course. It mainly deals with the study of computer hardware, computer applications and programming languages.

The eligibility for this course is that, you must have passed higher secondary examination with English as one of the subjects.

After completion of the BCA course, students can opt for MCA or they can even try for job opportunities.
BCA graduates can start up their career in either Government sector or private sector, since there are a lot of employment opportunities in both these sectors.

Christ university at bangalore tops first in best bca college in India
27th April 2015, 01:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a commerce student with computer application so can i apply BCA curse???
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

Those candidates who have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
27th April 2015, 02:05 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for the BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

The eligibility criteria required to get admission in BCA course are following:-

-The minimum qualification required for the BCA course is 10+2 level Degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.

-The candidate must have pursued HSC degree in Science stream with Physics and Chemistry.Most of the institutes insists that the candidate must have pursued Mathematics in their 12th class.

-The minimum age limit to apply for this course is 17 years.
27th April 2015, 07:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for the Bachelor of Computer Application. It is three years undergraduate course in computer application offered by most of the universities in India.

General Eligibility criteria for BCA in most of the colleges in India:

>>You must have completed your Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent from a recognized board.

>>The minimum percentage of marks in 10+2 must be at least 50%. However higher is the percentage of marks in 10+2 better is the chance of getting admission in good colleges for this course.

>>Most of the institutes insist candidates must have passed 10+2 with mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2.

Being a commerce student with computer application as one of the subjects, you are eligible for BCA.

Nowadays certificate in computing has become one of the important criteria for getting admission in BCA.

Admission to BCA courses in Indian is given on marks basis in 10+2. Some institutes also conduct their own entrance exam for selection of candidates to this course.

Some of the top institutes for BCA:

>>Christ University, Bangalore.

>>Institute of Management Studies, Noida

>>Madras Christian College, Chennai

>>Presidency College, Karnataka.

>>Xavier's Institute of Computer Application, Ahmedabad.
28th April 2015, 04:51 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application) in which students study about the computer related application in various fields .

Eligibility criteria required for admission in BCA are
-students must have completed their Higher Secondary Examination with minimum of 50% marks in any disciple irrespective of Science,Commerce or Arts.
-Students appearing in 12th can also apply for admission in BCA course.

You have studied computer application in 12th ,so, there should be no problem in getting admission in any college in BCA but it may be possible that some College/University need maths as one of subject in 12th/Higher Secondary according as their eligibility criteria.

But, large number of colleges/University don't have such eligibility criteria.
It is limited for only few colleges in India.

So,you can carry on your higher study in BCA .
28th April 2015, 08:10 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend,

Yes, you can definitely apply for the BCA course being a commerce student.

The Acronym "BCA" stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. This is a 3 years under-graduate course offered to those candidates who have interest in the field of Computer and its applications.

Most of the people have a general misconception that only science stream candidates are eligible for the BCA course. But thats completely wrong.

In order to apply for the BCA course, you just need to have passed your Higher Secondary Level examination with Mathematics as one of the key subjects from any recognized board.

As you are from the commerce stream, its definite that you would have Mathematics as one of your main subjects.

Also you have certificate in Computers which gives you more priority. So, You are absolutely eligible to apply for the admission in BCA Course.

Some of the top colleges in India offering BCA Course are :

>> NIT Warangal

>> Presidency College - Karnataka

>> VIT University - Vellore

>> JK Business School

>> Christ Univerity - Bangalore

>> Xavier's Institute of Computer Application - Ahmedabad

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
15th November 2015, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications.

Yes, you can apply for the BCA course being a trade understudy.

This is a 3 years under-graduate course offered to those hopefuls who have enthusiasm for the field of Computer and its applications.

The majority of the general population have a general misguided judgment that just science stream competitors are qualified for the BCA course. In any case, thats totally off-base.

Eligibility criteria required for BCA:-

* To apply for the BCA course, you simply need passed your Higher Secondary Level examination with Mathematics as one of the key subjects from any perceived board.

* As you are from the trade stream, its distinct that you would have Mathematics as one of your primary subjects.

* Likewise you have authentication in Computers which gives you more need. In this way, You are totally qualified to apply for the affirmation in BCA Course.

A percentage of the top schools in India offering BCA Course are :

* NIT Warangal

* Xavier's Institute of Computer Application - Ahmedabad.

* VIT University - Vellore.

* Presidency College - Karnataka.

* Christ Univerity - Bangalore.

* Xavier's Institute of Computer Application - Ahmedabad
15th November 2017, 02:44 PM
Onlyforme

Yes, definitely you can apply for BCA. To apply BCA one should have passed heigher secondary with Math as a key subject. But since you are a student of commerce stream it means you have Math as a key subject so you can definitely apply for BCA.
30th November 2017, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply BCA for external in Mumbai University I have completed 12th with maths securing 81%. What can I do for external examination admission process
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?