3rd May 2018, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I take Commerce stream along with Mathematics for Higher Secondary to study BCA later on?

Actually I wanted to do BCA but I am confused about the required stream after 10th std. Which stream is required to do BCA course? I wanted to take commerce with maths subject. So can I take commerce stream with maths subject?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to appear only in Mathematics exam of NIOS for Higher Secondary Commerce student?
  2. Can I study for BCA after higher secondary exam? I am from Arts stream
  3. Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do BCA?
  4. Can we get admission in BCA without having Maths in Higher Secondary? Passing 12th from any stream will be fine?
  5. Is it possible to change stream from Commerce to Arts in 12th after failing the first exam from Commerce stream?
  6. What can I do after BCA? I have passed higher secondary in commerce computers
  7. Procedure to apply for education loan after completion of higher secondary with 80.31 percentage in commerce stream?
  8. Can I study BCA being an Arts with Computer Application student?
  9. A student from Commerce stream having Computer Application is eligible for BCA or not?
  10. What are the chances of getting admission in B.Sc Psychology after passing Higher Secondary from Commerce stream?
  11. Are we eligible for B.Tech Architecture having passed 12th from Commerce stream with Mathematics?
  12. Is it possible to appear in Mathematics exam from NIOS Board if pursuing Higher Secondary Commerce from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  13. I do not have Mathematics in my Higher Secondary. Am I eligible to take admission in CA?
  14. Is PCB subject combination eligible for admission in BCA course? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  15. Which subject is good for me after passing 11th in MP?
  16. In order to study Law in future which stream should I opt for my Higher Secondary?
  17. Can i get admission in Science stream with 6.2 CGPA in 10th?
  18. Higher Secondary school in Kerala providing Psychology instead of Mathematics?
15th July 2018, 02:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take Commerce stream along with Mathematics for Higher Secondary to study BCA later on?

BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application and it is three year vocational course.

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

To get admission in some of the institute it is mandatory to have Mathematics as main paper.

So, you will be eligible to pursue BCA course later after 12th in Commerce with Mathematics.
15th July 2018, 04:12 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take Commerce stream along with Mathematics for Higher Secondary to study BCA later on?

Yes, you can take Commerce stream with Mathematics. A commerce background student can join BCA course.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have complete 10+2 with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.

2. Those candidate who has opt Science or Commerce with Mathematics both are eligible for this course.

So, After 10+2 with Commerce with Maths background you can get admission in this course.

ALL THE BEST.
15th July 2018, 04:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and the minimum education required for pursuing BCA degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

So, having opted for Commerce stream with mathematics for your class 12th academic you are eligible to pursue BCA degree course as there is no specific requirement of any particular subject at class 12th to pursue the same degree course.
15th July 2018, 05:09 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym BCA stands for Bachelor of Education course.

Requirements for BCA course:

Academic qualification: 12th passed from a recognized board with English as compulsory subject. You can apply for BCA with commerce stream in 12th.

Mathematics at 12th level will be helpful in pursuing MCA course later on.
15th July 2018, 11:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application:

The eligibility criteria for BCA course:

>>Candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board in any stream. English must be one of the compulsory subject in 12th.

>>Higher is the percentage of marks in 12th, better is chance of getting admission in good college.

You can take commerce stream along with mathematics for BCA course later on.
16th July 2018, 12:27 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Commerce stream candidates can apply for Bachelor of Computer application course.

The qualification required for BCA course is that student should have studied English in 12th from any board of India.

Mathematics at 12th level is necessary for MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?