4th August 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I write NIMCET while studying in BSc Physics 3rd year?

I am studying bsc physics third year. can i write the nimcet? Can i apply for it

12th August 2011, 03:09 AM
Uttam Nandi

Default Re: Can I write NIMCET while studying in BSc Physics 3rd year?

NIMCET is organised jointly by eleven NIT(National Institute of Technology)s located at different parts of the courtry for admission to their MCA(Master of Computer Applications) programs. MCA is a 3 years duration full time course aiming to educate database management, computational theory, network management, project management, algorithm designs, mobile technologies and many other things to it's aspirants. Job prospects are very bright for MCA graduates. On completion of this programme, one can get job in various software companies as system analyst, software developer, web designer, entrepreneur. Those who persue MCA from reputed institutes like NITs get the most lucrative deals. This is the reason of highly competitive nature of NIMCET.

Those who desire to appear for NIMCET must satisfy the following eligibility criteria :
  • Candidates should pass 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics one of the subjects.
  • Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree in any of the following subjects :
    1. Mathematics
    2. Business Mathematics
    3. Discrete Mathematics
    4. Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
    5. Business Statistics
    6. Computational Mathematics
    7. Elementary Mathematics
    8. Elementary Statistics
  • Candidates must secure at least 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in both 12th board exam & graduation.
  • If a candidate earns his/her bachelor's degree from a open university can also write the exam provided the institute/university is recognised by UGC/AICTE/DEC.
  • Those who have done bridge course in Mathematics are also allowed to appear for NIMCET.

NIMCET paper consists of 120 MCQs on the subjects Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness. Each question carries FOUR marks. One mark is deducted for every incorrect responses. Application form can be filled online through the official website of NIMCET.
Quote:
I am studying in 3rd year of B.Sc Physics. Can I apply for NIMCET?
Eligibility criteria for NIMCET has been discussed in detail. So, I guess you have got you are eligible or not. Degree in Physics does not make one eligible to write this exam. However, if you have any of the above mentioned subjects as subsidiary, you can definately apply for NIMCET.
31st August 2013, 10:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, final year students can also appear for NIMCET. But they must submit adequate proof during interview. Those who clear NIMCET are considered for interview. Candidates having obtained 60% marks in 12th and graduation can appear for NIMCET. Such candidates should have studied mathematics as a subject.
16th September 2020, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

What is an adequate proof?
21st July 2021, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I completed my bsc with physics as core subject with chemistry as subsidiary and math as elective subject ,can I elegible for NIMCET?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?