30th September 2019, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I write UGC NET exam while continuing Post Graduation?

Can I attend the UGC NET exam during my Post Graduation? Or, do I need to complete the Post Graduation and then apply for UGC NET? But, if the minimum education criteria for UGC NET is Graduation then can't I apply in between my Post Graduation?

3rd October 2019, 03:37 PM
Shehjadi
Member+

Default Re: Can I write UGC NET exam while continuing Post Graduation?

These are the eligibility details for UGC NET exam:-

A) Master degree with 55%(General) and 50%(SC/ST) in Humanities and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science from any UGC recognised university.

B) JRF(Junior Research Fellowship)- 30 years.

C) Assistant Professor- No upper age limit.
4th October 2019, 01:37 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

The minimum educational qualification is Masters degree for UGC NET . But final year masters degree students can apply for UGC NET .
4th October 2019, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

You can attend the UGC NET exam while you are pursing your post graduation bcz your UGC NET exam score are valid for 2 years. In that period you can complete your post graduation.
4th October 2019, 10:11 PM
mayuratram

Yes you can attend UGC NET exam while you are
Pursing your post graduation bcz UGC NET exam
Score are valid for 2 years. In that period you can
Complete your post graduation.
5th October 2019, 08:38 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is held by NTA (National Testing Agency) twice every year for recruitment of Assistant Professors/Lecturer across various university of India as well as for offering JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) in various universities of India.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a post graduation degree in concerned discipline with at least 55% marks ( or 50% marks in case of candidates from SC/ST and PH category) from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their post graduation degree course are also eligible.

So, you can definitely apply for UGC NET while pursuing your postgraduation degree course in concerned discipline.

For more updates and details regarding UGC NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?