5th March 2012, 08:53 PM
shitalisampelliwar

Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?

can instrumentation engineer apply for IES EXAM? ..please tell me the possibilities

Related Questions:
  1. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  2. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering? -- [New]
  4. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?
  6. Can Aeronautical Engineers be eligible to apply for IES Exam?
  7. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  8. Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?
  9. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  10. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  11. Can I apply for IES after instrumentation and control engineering from Pune University?
  12. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  13. Can I apply for IES under instrumentation graduation
  14. Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering
  15. Organizations which require Instrumentation and Control Engineers?
  16. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  17. Am i eligible to apply for IES exam while in final year of instrumentation engineering?
  18. About ies exam
8th March 2012, 02:50 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shitalisampelliwar View Post
can instrumentation engineer apply for IES EXAM? ..please tell me the possibilities
Candidate holding a bachelors degree in Instrumentation Engineering may definitely apply for the Indian Engineering Service Exam, but will have to opt for,any of the four disciplines of engineering which do not includes Instrumentation Engineering.
The examination is conducted only in the following disciplines of Engineering:
Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering

The examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and as per its guidelines, to be considered eligible, candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be over 30 years. However, the maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for OBC and 5 years for Sc/Stc category candidate.
9th March 2012, 12:31 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.E.S exam after passing B.Tech in Instrumentation engineering..
I.E.S is Indian Engineering Services.
I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

The candidate who pass the engineering in following branch are eligible for I.E.S exam:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The age limit is 21-30 year..
For ST/SC candidate minimum 5year relaxation

GOOD LUCK!
9th March 2012, 05:38 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IES examination
Then you should know that all candidate s who have completed his/her B.Tech/B.Ed are eligible for IES examination.
So you can appear for IES examination.

But you must know that your syllabus will be different.
But all other candidate will follow their own syllabus

All the best............
15th March 2012, 09:05 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service

This is one of the competitive exams in India which is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

This exam is conducted every year for candidates to join in Indian Engineering Organizations

Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?

No,You are ineligible to apply for the IES exam,as on the condition that only candidates who have completed done their graduation in Engineering/Technology in:

• Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics Engineering

are only eligible.

You need to satisfy the eligibility conditions for the exam,but as you have not satisfied the education qualification needed for the IES Exam which makes you ineligible for the exam.

The other criteria's would include such as Nationality and Age Limit

>> You need to be a citizen of India and candidates should also have a age limit of 21-30 years for General category.

>> The candidates should also have a age limit of 21-35 years for SC/ST category.

>> The candidates should also have a age limit of 21-33 years for OBC category.

If you have any more doubts regarding the IES Exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
15th March 2012, 11:38 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
I am providing you a details eligibility criteria for IES exam from where you can get details information ....

for more details you can visit website..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck..........
15th March 2012, 11:40 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........

I am providing you a details eligibility criteria for IES exam from where you can get details information ....

The cut off marks for IES exam are as follows....

good luck..........
15th March 2012, 02:45 PM
prashanthi.thota
Member+

Hi,
Educational Qualifications:

A degree in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examination will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.
30th April 2012, 05:30 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

if you are holding a bachelors degree in Instrumentation Engineering may definitely apply for the Indian Engineering Service Exam, but will have to opt for,any of the four disciplines of engineering which do not includes Instrumentation Engineering.
The examination is conducted only in the following disciplines of Engineering:
Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical Engineering
The other criteria's would include such as Nationality and Age Limit
You need to be a citizen of India and candidates should also have a age limit of 21-30 years for General category.tou should also have a age limit of 21-35 years for SC/ST category.>> you should also have a age limit of 21-33 years for OBC category.
30th April 2012, 09:31 PM
hlr
Member+

am providing you a details eligibility criteria for IES exam from where you can get details information ....
good luck..........
30th April 2012, 10:03 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IES exam Information :

Eligibility :

Graduate in Engineering from a recognized university
Final year students can also appear in IES exam

Age limit :
age between 21 to 30 years
age relaxation exist as per govt rules

21st September 2014, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Can instrumentation engineer's apply for ies exam? Is it possible using other T&C???????plz tell me!!
2nd February 2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I am an Instrumentation and Control Engineer and I am eligible for the IES examination. My question is that; would the commission reject my application once i submit my bachelor's degree after qualifying the exam in Electrical Engineering or will UPSC accept the application??
3rd February 2016, 10:42 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

IES - Indian Engineering Services.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service which is being conducted by the Union Public Service Commission once in every year.

Eligible Branch for IES Examination :
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics Engineering.

-> A candidate must be physically fit according to physical standard for the admission in the engineering Services.

The age must be between 21 to 30 years. The age relaxation is also applicable for the reserve category as per government rule.

You have Instrumentation branch in the engineering so, as per eligibility criteria you are not eligible for the IES examination. For any more information regarding the IES examination kindly visit the official website of the UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st March 2016, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?