10th October 2011, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?

Hi.
Sir i am doing BE my branch is Instrumentation Technology.
Can i apply for examination of UPSC ies?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering? -- [New]
  2. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  3. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  4. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  5. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  6. Can I apply for IES after pursuing B.E degree in the stream of instrumentation engineering
  7. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  9. Can instrumentation engineers apply for IES exam?
  10. Can the candidates of Instrumentation Engineering apply for IES Exam?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? What will be the salary offered for an IES Officer?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of BE course?
  13. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  14. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  15. Can CSE candidate apply for IES Exam? Last date to submit forms for upcoming IES Exam?
  16. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  17. Which branch to apply for IES after engineering (instrumentation and control)? How to get the application forms?
  18. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
10th October 2011, 09:12 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

You are eligible for IES but you need to choose subjects as per given above as there is not separate subject for Instrumentation Technology.
IES officer is posted as a sub-divisional engineer in different engineering factories run by government across the country.
and have same prestigious like IAS profile..

so there is no percentage is required only pass out of final student are enough..
10th October 2011, 09:22 AM
jevirsinh

Default Re: Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?

Hi
ELIGIBILITY FOR IES

qualification
- a candidate should be engineering graduate from any
recognized university in the following stream
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics & Communications Engineering
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering

-or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

-M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts

-a candidate as an appearing can also apply for the exam

age limit
-a candidate's age should be between 21-30 for general
-for OBC upper age limit is 33 years
-for SC/ST candidate upper age limit is 35 years

number of attempts
-for general-4 attempts
-for OBC- 7 attempts
-for SC/ST- no limits

for further details you can visit the link
www.upsc.gov.in
10th October 2011, 09:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi.
Dear friend,

Yes ,You are eligible for IES exam.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

If you have completed engineering dicipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Thanks
10th October 2011, 11:47 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no. you can't apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology.

as you are not eligiable for the IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology.

the given only four branch of engineering branch holders are only eligiable for the IES Exam.

>>mechanical.

>>civil.

>>electronics and communication

>>electrical.

and also given below criteria also required

>>minimum 60% marks in degree engineering.

>>age limit should 21- 30 years for the general category student.

etc.

all the best.......
10th October 2011, 02:00 PM
tejesh_09

Yes, you can apply for IES exam being a candidate pursuing for B.Tech in Instrumentation Engineering.
The qualification to appear for IES exam is Degree in Engineering, also student appearing for final year engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible for apply.
Yes, you can apply for UPSC exam as the educational qualification for this is degree in any stream of education.
10th October 2011, 07:09 PM
neha bh

IES Eligibility

IES Eligibility Criteria
Age limits: 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/Sts, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).
Educational Qualifications: A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examina tion will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.

regards
neha
10th October 2011, 07:27 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi.

Eligibility Criteria for IES

Candidates interested in applying for the Indian Engineering Service (IES) need to fulfill the following conditions in order to appear for the exam :-

1) You should be a B.Tech degree holder in any of the following streams

Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electronics and Communications Engineering
Electrical Engineering

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

General category students have a maximum of 4 attempts,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST..there is no limit..

I am really very sorry but students with Instrumentation Engineering branch are not eligible for appearing in the Indian Engineering Service Exam

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
10th October 2011, 07:35 PM
jevirsinh

Dear friend

The dates for for the JTO exam will be available once the notification is published.

The recruitment of jto exam is expected to be held in May, 2012 and final selection will be completed till September 2012. Only those engineers who have completed their degree till 2011 will be eligible to apply.

eligibility:
you must possess a Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized engineering college / university :
1. Telecommunication,
2. Electronics,
3. Radio,
4. Computer,
5. Electrical
To know the Exact date and time you have to Regulat touch with the Employment news or visit the official website of BSNL:
http://www.bsnl.co.in

The syllabus for the Telecom stream is as follow.

Scheme and Syllabus for the Recruitment of Engineer Junior Telecom Officers(Telecom)

For Direct Recruitment of Junior Telecom Officers, an objective type Examination of 3 hours duration consisting of following sectional papers will be conducted:

SCHEME

A. Engineering Stream Section – I

B. Engineering Stream Section – II

C. General Ability Test Section – III

1. The standard of paper in Engineering subjects will be that of Engineering Degree Examination of an Indian University.

2. In the general ability test, special attention will be paid to assess the candidate’s capacity for general awareness. The standard of paper in general ability test will be such as may be expected of an Engineering Graduate.

3. The syllabus for engineering stream papers will be as given below.

SYLLABUS SECTION – I

1. Materials and components

Structure and properties of Electronic Engineering materials, Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, Magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Superconducting materials. Passive components and characteristics, Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal, Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs

Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanics of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, CTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; Basics of Opto Electronics.

3. Network theory

Network analysis techniques: Network theorem, transcient and steady state sinusoidal response, Transmission criteria: delay and rise time Elmore’s and other definition, effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

4. Electromagnetic Theory

Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of waveguides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

5. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation

Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, applications. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc. Basics of telemetry for industrial use.

6. Power Electronics

Power Semiconductor devices, Thyristor, Power transistor, MOSFETs, Characteristics and operation. AC to DC convertors; 1-Phase and 3-phase DC to DC Convertors.

AC regulators. Thyristor controlled reactors, switched capacitor networks.

Inverters: Single-phase and 3-phase. Pulse width modulation. Sinusoidal modulation with uniform sampling. Switched mode power supplies

SECTION-II

1. Analog Electronic Circuits

Transistor biasing and stabilization, Small Signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response, Wide band techniques, Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Operational Amplifier, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits

Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaugh Map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, full adder; Digital Compartor; Multiplexer Demultiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops, R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers; waveform generators. A/D and D/A convertors. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems

Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity, Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication systems

Basic information theory: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstruction. Quantization & Coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalisation; Optical Communication: in free space & fibre optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite communication.

5. Microwave Engineering

Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave antennas, Microwave Measurements, MASERS LASERS; Microwave Propogation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering
Number Systems; Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization. I/O System Organization. Personal computers and their typical uses.

7. Microprocessors
Microprocessor architecture – Instruction set and simple assembly language programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Microprocessors in Telecommunications and power system.

SECTION-III General ability test

The candidate’s comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercises.
Questions on knowledge of current events and of such matter of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. Questions will also be included on events and developments in Telecommunications, History of India and Geography. These will be of a nature, which can be answered without special study by an educated person.
All the best
10th October 2011, 07:51 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Instrumentation Engineering students are not eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Service exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should minimum graduation degree in Engineering from a Mechanical/Civil/Electric Stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 91 views)
10th October 2011, 09:53 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
Indian Engineering Services Examination is an all-India combine competitive examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Educational Qualification
Degree in Engineering, final year students can also apply on provisional basis.

Age Limit
Age must be more than 21 years and less than 30 years. The upper age relax able as per government norms

The exam is under the post
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
so you need to apply under these posts and prepare accordingly.As far your degree is concern you can choose under Electrical Engineering or,Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
2nd January 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

sir i m doing my BE & my branch is EC but my age is less than 21 year & i m in final year......so plz tell m i am eligible for IES exam or not......
29th April 2012, 10:50 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

I.E.S. STANDS FOR INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE.
THIS EXAM IS CONDUCTED BY U.P.S.C.
As you are an engineering graduate , you can apply for I.E.S. Examination.
But you can not apply with your own stream.
You have to choose any one stream out of four streams which are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria for I.E.S. exam:-

Educational Qualification:-
-- The candidates who have completed their graduation from engineering can apply for the exam.
-- This exam is conducted to recruit candidates in streams like

- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

As you are from Instrumentation Technology stream you have to choose any one stream from the four above streams to apply in I.E.S. exam.
The question will be asked to you from your chosen stream.

-- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
-- Candidate must not have any pending backlogs.

Citizenship:-
-- Candidate must be Indian citizen.
-- Candidates of Nepal , Bhutan or Tibetan who have come to India prior to January 1st 1962 & staying in India permanently can also apply.

Age limit:-
-- The age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years & not more than 30 years.
-- Upper age relaxation is given to lower caste candidates.
-- For SC/ST age limit:- 21-35 years, For O.B.C.:- 21-33 years

Number of attempts:-
--Four attempts for general category.
--Seven attempts for O.B.C. candidates .
--Unlimited attempts for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?