2nd July 2012, 12:08 PM
ugcdotnet

Can an MCA passout take a position as a lecturer in colleges?

I just want to know....Can an MCA pass out take a position as a lecturer in colleges or there UGC net exam is require???

11th July 2012, 04:00 PM
NEETATRIPATHI92

Default Re: Can an MCA passout take a position as a lecturer in colleges?

Respected sir/mam,

the eligibility for a lecturer required

first class mca degree you already have

but you should have this with net qualification also

so, readily prepare yourself for net exam then you will have all the required qualifications for a good lecturer

so, never loose hope, go on practising

all the best

thank you
11th July 2012, 05:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed the post graduate degree of MCA, you are definitely eligible to appear in the NET Entrance exam. MCA stands for Masters in Computer Application, a course which is related to computer software, hardware and networking.

Therefore you are eligible to appear in NET exam from the computer science background. It is very important to remember that you are only allowed to apply for lectureship job in the same subject you complete the post graduate course.

NET is the short form of National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Candidates who wish to apply for PhD job as well Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lecturer job need to appear in the NET exam and pass it with flying colors.

The NET entrance exam takes place twice a year in June and December. The notification of exam dates are announced in the month of March for June's exam and September for December's exam. Similarly the results are declared in April and October.

To appear in the National Eligibility Test (NET) each candidate has to meet certain criteria set by the UGC.

Education Criteria

Candidate should have Post Graduate degree with at least 55 percent without any grace. This percentage criteria is for General and OBC candidates.

The Candidates from SC and ST category are required to secure 50 percent marks in the Post Graduate course.

Candidates who are in final year of Post Graduate course are also allowed to appear in the NET exam. However they would only be awarded JRF and Lecturership after the complete the Masters degree and secure the required percentage mentioned above according to people of different category.

Age Limit:

Candidates who are appearing for JRF post should not be more than 28 years old as on the first day of the month in which NET exam is schedule to take place.

In case candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH category are given 5 years relaxation on the upper age limit.

Women candidates are also eligible for 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit.

Candidates with LLM degree also get 3 years relaxation.

There is no upper age limit for the post of lectureship as per the guidelines of UGC.
11th July 2012, 08:13 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend.........

first off all i congrats to you for complete you MCA successfully

if you are interested in Teaching field, you are 100% eligible for go through with lecturer

But your goal is government Lecturer first you write NET exam

conducted by UGC in yearly twice may be ............

otherwise you can continue in private institutions.

all the best

regards..........
tash
22nd July 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I completed my MCA with first class. Can I apply the teaching post in Engineering college?

Thanks,
Syam
22nd July 2012, 05:58 PM
shaharask

Smile Re: Can an MCA passout take a position as a lecturer in colleges?

I have one doubt, Can anyone answer me plz...

I completed my MCA with first class. Am I eligible to apply the teaching post in engineering college after completing NET exam? Or in which post can I apply once I completed the NET exam?

Thanks,
Shaharas K
22nd July 2012, 06:03 PM
shaharask

I have one doubt, Can you answer me plz...

I completed my MCA with first class. Am I eligible to apply the teaching post in engineering college after completing NET exam? Or in which post can I apply once I completed the NET exam?

Thanks,
Shaharas K
25th July 2012, 08:03 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

the eligibility for a lecturer required

first class mca degree you already have

but you should have this with net qualification also

so, readily prepare yourself for net exam then you will have all the required qualifications for a good lecturer

so, never loose hope, go on practising

all the best

thank you
27th November 2012, 01:16 PM
cmbulbule

plz send me all solved question paper of UGC NET exam for computer science and application subject on my e-mail account.My email id is "[email protected]" or "[email protected]"
18th October 2013, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

I completed my MCA in this year(2013), I want to do Phd, so what step should I take for doing Phd?

-Shilpi
18th October 2013, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

I complete my MCA in this year(2013), now I want to do Phd, So what step should I take for doing phd?

-Shilpi
22nd November 2013, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

can i get permanent posting as lecturer if i crack NET after MCA? or i want to do anything else?

-vikrant
6th March 2014, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I am MCA working as assistant professor for last 17 years in APEEJAY instutute of management, JAlandhar. No UGC-NET. Initially there were AICTE norms. Now AICTE gone
Can I apply for lecturer/assistant professor in other private institution or goverment institution?
31st March 2014, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my MCA in this year(2013), I want to do Phd, so what step should I take for doing Phd?

-Shilpi

HI shilpi,
This is Baba. i completed my MCA in 2010 i want to do PHD is there any guidence for exam and about PHD syllabus. my mail id "[email protected]"
11th June 2014, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MCA with 59.33%.Pursuing Mtech.am i eligible for Lectership in collegs.for ugc regular net/set is Manadtory?
31st August 2014, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I finished MCA in 2009.Most of my friends told me that MCA is not eligible for lecturer job in govt engg colleges eventhough if we finished NET exam. which is true?Pls clear my doubt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?