18th February 2017, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Can a Microbiology graduate study M.Sc in Genetics? How to study it from best colleges?

Hello sir, I have completed B.Sc Microbiology and now I want to study M.Sc in Genetics. Can I study this course? What should I do to study from best colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better to study among Genetics and Microbiology in M.Sc for B.Sc(Microbiology) graduate?
  2. Which is better among Genetics, Industrial Microbiology, Biomedical and Microbiology to study in M.Sc for B.Sc(Microbiology) candidate?
  3. How to study through distance in MSc Microbiology? I have completed BSc Microbiology
  4. Which universities are best in India and abroad to do masters in genetics?
  5. Bangalore Colleges for MSc in microbiology? Admission criteria and procedure?
  6. MSc medical microbiology and MSc genetics offering colleges in Krishna, Guntur, Prakasam District, AP?
  7. Fee structure, timings and entrance test dates for MSc Microbiology correspondence course?
  8. What to study for msc microbiology entrance for different universities?
  9. Best college for M.Sc Human Genetics?
  10. Whether University of Oxford offer BS in Genetics course?
  11. Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Microbiology or Genetics from Canada after B.Sc Instrumentation? What should I do for it? Other short term courses in medical field?
  12. Names of the colleges offering MSc Microbiology course? What is the eligibility criteria?
  13. Can a MBBS student go for MSc and Ph.D integrated course in Medical Microbiology and genetics? Institute in Delhi and NCR offering the course? Any job opportunities in medical colleges?
  14. How to study MSc Microbiology through distance after completing BSc Microbiology in MG university Kerala
  15. Can we study Genetics after MBBS course? Names of the universities offering the course? Is genetics available in AIIMS(Delhi)?
  16. Detailed information about study abroad for B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D with Physics or Genetics and minimum expenses of study in USA?
  17. After MSc in Microbiology can we study M.D in microbiology? Is it related to medical field?
  18. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ? -- [Most Discussed]
4th April 2017, 04:11 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Microbiology graduate study M.Sc in Genetics? How to study it from best colleges?

Genetics is the study of genes or genetic structure of the living organisms by which we come to know if there are any characteristics which will be inherited from parent generation to child generation.

Yes. Candidates who have completed B.Sc in Microbiology are eligible to purse their Post Graduation in M.Sc in Genetics.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the Science stream with a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation to be eligible to join this course.

The admission would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Different universities conduct their own Entrance Exams to give admission for this course.

In addition to regular Genetics course, there would be other streams in Genetics which you can join if you are interested
-Human Genetics
-Medical Genetics
-Molecular Genetics
-Ecological Genetics
-Quantitative Genetics etc.

Some of the top colleges in India that are offering Genetics courses are
-University of Delhi
-Guru Nanak Dev University
-I.M.S University etc.

Genetics is a very interesting subject and having great career scope. You can get very good jobs after this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?