13th August 2010, 11:55 PM
sirishareddy

What to study for msc microbiology entrance for different universities?

sir,
can you please give me information about what to study for msc microbiology entrance for different universities, previous year sample papers and names of best universities in India offering msc micro, admission criteria and dates of entrance exams.
I shall be grateful to you.
Thankyou

Related Questions:
  1. MSc Microbiology details required: Best Universities, papers, eligibility and dates o -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Universities for M.Sc (Microbiology) with distance education?
  3. List of universities along with their details of entrance exam and syllabus, offering M.Sc course in Microbiology?
  4. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
  5. Fee structure, timings and entrance test dates for MSc Microbiology correspondence course?
  6. How may I get details about entrance exam and basic eligibility criteria for getting scholarship in Indian Universities?
  7. Which are the courses available in MSc Microbiology? I have completed BSc Microbiology
  8. List of entrance exams available to study PhD in Microbiology in top universities of India? -- [New]
  9. How to study through distance in MSc Microbiology? I have completed BSc Microbiology
  10. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam for MSc Microbiology?
  11. Universities having centers in Delhi/NCR offering MSc in Microbiology? I have completed BSc in Microbiology
  12. How to get admission in MSc medical microbiology course?
  13. Universities offering integrated MSc and Ph.D course in any field of Microbiology?
  14. When is the entrance exam to do MSc in Microbiology in Goa? Colleges offering MSc Microbiology?
  15. What kind of job can I get after completing MSc Medical Microbiology with first class? In which areas can I work? Universities offering Ph.D in medical microbiology? How to get admission?
  16. List of College and Universities offering M.Sc in Microbiology in Kerala?
  17. Date of MSc Microbiology entrance exam? Is MSc medical Microbiology better than MSc Microbiology? Best college for MSc Medical Microbiology?
  18. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
14th August 2010, 05:15 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to study for msc microbiology entrance for different universities?

Dear friend,

There are different entrance exams for different institutes for the admission the Master's course on microbiology..

It is impossible to give all the details about the entrance exams conducted by different institutes particularly..

You have to see the details in the site of that institute..

Here are top colleges and universities offering M.Sc in microbiology:

Osmania University, Faculty of Science, Administrative Bldg, Hyderabad ,

Mahatma Gandhi University, Faculty of Applied Science, Priyadarshini Hills PO, Kottayam ,

Kurukshetra University, Faculty of Science, Kurukshetra ,

Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri, Warangal ,

Panjab University, Sector-14, Chandigarh,

Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar ,

University of Mumbai, M G Road, Fort, Mumbai,

University of Pune, Faculty of Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune,

All the best!
18th August 2010, 07:20 AM
vishuraj2007
Member+

Default Re: What to study for msc microbiology entrance for different universities?

Dear friend,

Its totally depends upon the university for which you have to apply. As it is a course related to science so generally they ask questions from the core papers.

I also attach the entrance syllabus for the Guru nanakdev university, Amritsar, Punjab.

Unit I. Origin of Life, nomenclature and systems of classification: artificial and natural. Concept of cell, cell organelle, cell cycle, mitosis and meiosis.
Unit II. Scope and History of Microbiology, spontaneous generation theory, Koch’s postulates, Pasteur’s contributions to microbiology. Sources of microorganisms, pure culture techniques. and preservation, bright field microscopy, Gram’s staining.

Unit III. Structure of Bacteria and chemical composition, bacterial cell wall, cell membrane, capsule, pili and spore. Classification of viruses, basic structure of a bacteriophage. Life cycle of bacteriophage (lytic and lysogenic).

Unit IV. Morphology an structure of fungi & bacteria, Mode of reproduction and
nutrition in bacteria and fungi.

Unit V. Microbial nutrition: growth medium (selective, differential, enrichment,
complete, synthetic and minimal medium) factors affecting the growth of
microorganisms.

Unit VI. Microbial interactions: commemsalism, amensalism, symbiosis, parasitism and predation. Plant pathology, classification of plant pathogens, control measures.

Unit VII. Biochemical pathways for metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, Nitrogen fixation, Biogeochemical cycling and control of air, water and soil pollution.

Unit VIII. Mutation, spontaneous & induced, chemical nature of genetic material,
replication of DNA, Genetic code, Bacterial recombination, transformation,
conjugation and transduction. DNA recombinant technology & its applications.
Unit IX. Role of M/o’s in industries such as bakery, alcoholic beverages, penicillin, biofertilizers, biopesticides, Mushroom cultivation, methods and future perspectives.

Unit. X. Immune response: antigens, antibodies, cell mediated immunity, immune system T and B lymphocytes, generation of antibody diversity, monoclonal antibodies.

In this syllabus you can see that only the unit are taken from the subjects which you had already studied. So, I want to say you mainly concentrate on the main papers because maximum question and maximum university will cover from them.

Good Luck.
18th August 2010, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

what is the current status of biotechnology in india?
wether it is only a sparkingly looking from far or there is seriously any passion in this area
6th September 2010, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about the entrance of M.Sc.mirobiology in BHU
15th November 2010, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
is M.Sc Microbiology and M.Sc applied microbiology same or different? kindly explain
12th January 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
may i get previous year question papers for osmania university msc microbiology entrance.
4th February 2011, 05:39 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

to study for msc microbiology entrance for different universities
There are different entrance exams for different institutes for the admission the Master's course on microbiology..
It is impossible to give all the details about the entrance exams conducted by different institutes particularly..
Mahatma Gandhi University, Faculty of Applied Science, Priyadarshini Hills PO, Kottayam ,
Panjab University, Sector-14, Chandigarh,

good luck
5th February 2011, 12:57 AM
xavi

hii

to study for msc microbiology entrance for different universities

good luck
6th February 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

does microbio help in giving good hospital jobs??????
3rd March 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

plz infrm me abt the syllabus for entrance exam of m.sc. microbiology for dedvi ahilya vishwavidyalaya,indore
17th April 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

i was competed dmalt corce,i was intested stdy in msc microbiology,so it is possible
20th April 2011, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Please give me some idea about doing M.Sc. Microbiology in Gujarat......
I want to get admission in M.S University of Vadodara or S.P. University of Vallabh VIdhyanagar.
Please Give me syllabus of these two centers.
5th May 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage
21st May 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

What to study for msc microbiology entrance exam for pune university
2nd July 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

how can i get objective type question based on microbiology?
13th May 2012, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

how much fee of phd programe in microbiology in diffrent university?
23rd June 2012, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

i have completed bsc biotechnology from rajasthan university now i want to give entrance exam of kuk university for msc in microbiology i want to know what should i study for the test?? please help
23rd May 2013, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
plz..................... Inform Me abt the syllabus for entrance exam of MSC Environmental sciencel university for cenraluniversity
28th May 2013, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i want to know where i can get the model question paper or a patten for m.sc medical microbiology at madras unversity for the entrance test ?

thank you.
7th July 2016, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

can anyone please tell me the entrance exam syllabus of M.Sc. microbiology. for kurukshetra university

please do reply soon
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?