14th September 2012, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Can we opt for PG in marine engineering after my B.Tech in Mechanical engineering

can we opt for post-graduation in marine engineering after my b.tech in mechanical engineering??

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  2. How can I get admission in Marine government college after passing B.Tech in mechanical Engineering? Which entrance exams are conducted for that?
  3. Can we opt for PG in marine engineering after my B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
  4. What to do to join marine engineering courses after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Any government colleges providing marine engineering courses in India?
  5. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Masters in Marine Engineering after Btech in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How to take marine engineering after B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  9. Any entrance test to pursue Aviation or Marine after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in NIT?
  10. Is it possible to do marine engineering or aeronautical engineering after mechanical engineering?
  11. How to do marine engineering after doing B.E mechanical engineering?
  12. Which are the Marine Engineering Colleges? What are the qualifications required for entering Marine Engineering course? Can I get into Marine Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How to take admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
  14. Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma student? -- [New]
  15. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. What are the procedure to join marine engineering after mechanical engineering
  17. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  18. What are the courses available in Marine engineering after B.E Mechanical Engineering? I have finished B.E Mechanical Engineering and want to join in marine engineering
15th September 2012, 07:41 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we opt for PG in marine engineering after my B.Tech in Mechanical engineering

You can definitely go for M.Tech in Marine Engineering after completng the B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. You will have to appear in entrance exam called General Aptitude Test for Engineering also known as GATE.

Depending on your performance in GATE entrance exam, you would be able to secure admission for M.Tech in Marine Engineering in a college. The GATE exam is necessary for any candidate who wish to apply for post graduation course in Engineering. Although there are several other entrance exams which can be taken up alternatively.

But considering the fact that GATE score is given huge importance at the time of applying for job, it is wise to appear for GATE exam, even if a candidate has no intention of pursuing higher studies. The GATE score especially comes very handy when you apply for Public Sector Undertaking jobs.

The only requirement to appear for GATE exam is that candidate should have completed B.Tech course. There is no percentage requirement. Another good thing about GATE is that you can appear for the exam as many times as you would like. But please remember that a GATE score is only valid for two years after which the candidate is required to appear again for the exam.

M.Tech in Marine Engineering is a wise move if you want to pursue a career in Navy. There would be several options in front of you as the course deals in field of ship building industry. You can work in marine engineering firms, companies working offshore in the field of defence and oil etc. You would be able to apply for jobs like:

Defence Engineer

Marine Engineer

Maritime Engineer

Naval Ship Engineer

Systems Engineer

Marine Engineering Colleges

Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training(MANET)

NIT, Bangalore

International Institute of Maritime Science

Tolani Maritime Institute

Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering

International Marine Communication Centre in Tamil Nadu

Marine Engineering Research Institute in West Bengal
15th September 2012, 05:53 PM
Astha sinhaa

Default Re: Can we opt for PG in marine engineering after my B.Tech in Mechanical engineering

Hello Friend,
Yes you can definitely go for M.Tech in Marine Engineering after completion of B.Tech. You can take admission by qualifying in GATE exam. You must have to qualify in GATE exam.
GATE exam held every years in the month of February. The form are available from previous year September month.
You can apply online as well as offline.

For more details about the GATE exam you can visit the given website.
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/.../how-to-apply/
15th September 2012, 07:35 PM
denwer1

hello friend...yes you can opt for marine engineering course after completion of b.tech in mechanical engineering. There is a 6 months on board training after which you will be awarded the marine engineering degree and you can opt for the job of a fifth engineer.
23rd December 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

can we go for marine after completing btech in ece
24th December 2012, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, now i am in 8th sem BE ME having aggregate of 70% and i would like to do graduation in marine after BE, can you plz guide me which are top collages providing GME cources...
5th February 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

which type of job can i get after MSc marine engineering or naval arch....& which are the institues
3rd April 2014, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

i am in b tech marine engineering but i dont like this field..i want to change my field .i s it possible?soo that i can get job in psu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?