5th July 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Career after BA with applied psychology and education as major subjects?

q1.i recently compelet my B.A. ,so i am confuced which profession is good for me?in BA my major subject is applied psychology and education?i am not good in english so ,i am average student. but i want some specail career.plz help me!

Related Questions:
  1. M.Sc in Psychology is possible after B.A. in Psychology?
  2. How will it be helpful for my career of doing M.Sc in Applied Psychology having completed MS in Psychotherapy?
  3. Difference between MA Psychology and MA applied Psychology? Which one is to be preferred? Is it wise to take up MSc in Applied Psychology being in Arts field?
  4. What is the syllabus for M.Ed entrance exam?
  5. How can I score well in Psychology? What are lucrative career options after 12th?
  6. Is there any difference between M.A. and M.Sc to study Psychology?
  7. Career options if I am good at english? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What career options are there for me after passing 12th from Humanities stream?
  9. What are the subjects in MA Psychology of Delhi University? Which subjects are the main ones? -- [New]
  10. Which is better for doing graduation - Child Psychology or Special Education?
  11. Which are the other government universities where I can do my Ph.D in Psychology? I have completed MSc in applied psychology with 70% marks from Bharathiar University(Distance Education)
  12. Colleges under DU offering M.A Psychology/Applied Psychology course?
  13. Procedure to apply for Applied Psychology course being a candidate pursuing ACCA?
  14. Can I do post graduate diploma in applied or clinical psychology after MBBS?
  15. What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  16. List of colleges which offer PG Diploma in Counselling Psychology through correspondence in Siliguri
  17. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after doing MSc and MSc in Biotechnology
  18. What is the difference between Applied Psychology and Psychology?
6th July 2010, 02:04 PM
jicks

Default Re: Career after BA with applied psychology and education as major subjects?

Hi,

You have two options

1.Do M.Sc Applied Psychology so that you will have a thorough knowledge about the subject, and which will also facilitate your higher studies.

2. Can do Diploma in Guidance and Counseling/ Certification course of Managing disasters which directly makes your entry as a Professional counselor.

You have to overcome the hurdle in English by reading lot of books, whether its stories of your favorite author/ or any articles which interests you most or read newspaper regularly with a Dictionary by your side

All the Best for your future
jicks
7th July 2010, 12:18 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Career after BA with applied psychology and education as major subjects?

Hello friend,

As you have completed your B.A now don't be confused. Just go for further studies in this subject.
You can do the master's course in Psychology. There are options of subjects you can take:
(1) Clinical Psychology, (2) Behavior in Organizations and (3) Social Issues, Social Change and Counselling.

It does not matter at this stage how better english you know, it will go better as you carry on with higher studies ,rather just concentrate on your current future study.

Universities like DU, Anna University, BHU etc offer master's degree in psychology.
There are very good opportunities in the psychology field. So you need not to worry.

Good luck.
7th July 2010, 04:15 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
q1.i recently compelet my B.A. ,so i am confuced which profession is good for me?in BA my major subject is applied psychology and education?i am not good in english so ,i am average student. but i want some specail career.plz help me!
Hi
Dont be so confused about your career.
You have done BA with applied psychology.
Now without any confusion join MA/M.Sc. in Applied Psychology / Psychology
Because in current time every one every where needs masters degree.
So, you have to complete your masters degree first and after that you will definetly get good job.
Dont worry about english.
Please read news papers, any book in which you have interest and dictionery.
Good luck
14th July 2010, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

what career options do i have with a masters (MSc) in Applied pscyhology?Can i work in a clinical or counseling set up?As per research I can,I jsut need to clarify this asap.
15th July 2010, 01:39 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Psycology provides a promising career as they have the skill and knowledge to deal with problems affecting the mental health of the people.MSc in Psycology,or certification courses in Counselling,Clinical psycology are some of the courses one can opt after graduation in psycology.Mphil or Phd are other options after graduation through which the candidate can specialize in the branch of his interest.
15th July 2010, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am B.A student but in my last year psycology is not my subject so how can i continue to psycology study Plz help me
22nd July 2010, 05:30 AM
Unregistered

i freshly graduated with education honours(bachelors degree) but now i want to do masters in psychology in kolkata ,
29th August 2010, 08:06 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend,
Applied psychology is a very good career option to go for.
You can really do well if you have the interest in the subject.

You can pursue MA in applied psychology after your graduation. After that there are M.Phil/Phd courses for higher studies in this field.
So don't be confused. And English will get better with your every day studies ,you don't have to take tension for that.

All the best!
7th September 2010, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I did my Msc in Human Genetics. Are there any job oppurtunities for me as i want to go for a job?
18th October 2010, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

i have done my graduation with education subject and in addition with sociology and elective english so wht course would u prefer me to do after that.I have to pursue it from u.s.a.Do this study have any scope there or wht kind of study would b beneficial for my carrer.
27th November 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i hav done BA and MBA and now i want to do phd in psychology. tell me how it could be possible and wats d scope of it
9th January 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

i am a BA student.can i do Msc psychology after my graduation? I heard that it has two turning points, clinical & councilling.Can we opt clinical & councilling courses after Msc psychology?
12th March 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

i am a BA student.can i do Msc psychology after my graduation? I heard that it has two turning points, clinical & councilling.Can we opt clinical & councilling courses after Msc psychology?
3rd April 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

i am in my 2nd year ,if i could not get to do psychology in my 3rd year can i still do my masters in it?
26th April 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

i have just completed my BA in psychology and i want to kmow what else i can study and what job opportunities i have?
30th April 2011, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

I've just completed B.A. in English & Sociology.What are the job opportunity for me and which courses i should go for ?
3rd August 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

which are the combination i have to take in b.a. english major
11th August 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing education honors ..i just want to know whats the career in post graduation in this course
25th December 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

I am doctor,my degree BHMS, I practice in rural area,But i intrest in psychology or psychaitrist,SO I Taken admission in exteranal University in 2nd year BA Psychology,After BA Psychology WHICH COURSE DO FOR CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY OR PSYCHAISTRIC PRACTRICE?
15th March 2012, 04:31 PM
kaveribiswas

Dont be so confused about your career.
You have done BA with applied psychology.
Now without any confusion join MA/M.Sc. in Applied Psychology / Psychology
Because in current time every one every where needs masters degree.
So, you have to complete your masters degree first and after that you will definetly get good job.

Good luck..................
25th June 2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BA(Honer)applied psychology.after that what can i do in applied psychology.
29th September 2020, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

I am doing ADP (associate degree program) in psychology ,so after that I will plan to done applied psychology short course for two years .. is it possible ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?