26th June 2019, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Is caste certificate mandatory for admission in any of the IITs?

I have just passed 12th and I got 41 rank in JEE Advanced and belong to Schedule Tribe caste category but I do not have caste certificate with me now. So can I get admission in any of the IITs?

27th June 2019, 02:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is caste certificate mandatory for admission in any of the IITs?

1. Any candidate who wants to avail category benefits in either admission or jobs needs to provide caste or category certificate.

2. It is mandatory for you to provide ST certificate if you want to avail benefits of reservation in getting admission.
27th June 2019, 03:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If, you want to avail the benefit of ST status, you have to submit the caste certificate.

It is compulsory to submit all essential documents to get confirm seat.
27th June 2019, 08:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

IIT is a premier institute of India for technical course.

To avail the reservation benefit, it is compulsory to have the caste certificate.

Candidates have to qualify in all stages ( JEE Main and JEE Advanced )for the final selection and to get admission in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?