27th January 2017, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in top IITs? List of IITs with their opening and closing ranks?

Hello sir, I am studying in 10th and want to get admission in IITs to study Engineering course. Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in top IITs? List of IIT colleges with opening and closing rank?

Related Questions:
  1. How much rank should I get in IIT JEE to get computer science branch?
  2. Closing and opening ranks for Computer Science Engineering in different IITs?
  3. Minimum score for admission in IITs -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Chemical engineering course at IITs? List of IITs providing this course? -- [New]
  5. Which IITs offer Electronics and Telecommunication course? Ranks needed to get admission in the course and how much marks required?
  6. In which colleges can I get after scoring 51000 rank? Which NITs can I get? Opening and closing ranks for different colleges? What all colleges can I get in and around AP?
  7. List of colleges in which I can get after scoring 662 rank in PGECET(Mechanical Engineering)? From which website can I check the opening and closing ranks of different colleges?
  8. Opening and closing AIEEE ranks for admission to WBUT colleges like IEM, Heritage, Haldia and other top colleges?
  9. Will I get a seat in Trichy NIT college after scoring 178 in AIEEE B.Arch planning and state rank of 424, category wise 216?
  10. Top old IITs and their cutoff marks? How much is required for admission in top IITs?
  11. List of colleges in which I can have in AIEEE counseling after scoring 47 marks in AIEEE? Opening and closing ranks?
  12. Will I get a seat n any IIT in 2nd counseling? My rank is 290
  13. Minimum percentage required in UG to study M.Tech in IIT?
  14. What is the minimum percentile required in GATE to get through IITs?
  15. Opening and closing AIEEE ranks for admission in WBUT colleges like IEM, Heritage, Haldia and other top colleges of WB?
  16. Opening and closing AIEEE rank?
  17. Can I entrance exam of IIT after Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  18. From which board should I study M.Tech, AICTE or UGC?
28th January 2017, 01:51 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in top IITs? List of IITs with their opening and closing ranks?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and after qualifying in IIT Advanced stages( final step for entering in IIT ) there is nothing to do with aggregate in 12th board examination.

But to appear for second stage ( JEE Advanced ) it is necessary that candidate must have passed Main ( first stage ) and aggregate in board examination is among the top 20 percentile score.

The opening and closing rank for different category and different stream is different. So, it will be tough to give you detail. The counselling is done by JOSSA so for detail visit at www.jossa.nic.in.
28th January 2017, 06:36 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in top IITs? List of IITs with their opening and closing ranks?

>> You need to obtain 80+ percentage in class 12 to get priority in IITs
>> You need to sit in any one of following entrance exam to get IITs in India
** JEE Mains
** JEE Advanced
** BITSAT
** VITEEE
** WBJEE
** KCET
** AP EAMCET

IIS college in India are
* IIT Bombay
* IIT Delhi
* IIT Kanpur
* IIT Guwahati
* IIT Hyderabad
* IIT Madras

For opening and closing rank, seat capacity of IITs kindly see the image below
28th January 2017, 07:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and IITs are the best technical colleges of India for technical courses.

For taking admission in IITs you will have to appear in JEE held by CBSE once every year.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and is held in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively. And to be eligible for admission in any IITs one must clear both the stages of JEE.

As far as you are concerned about the percentage aggregate required in Class 12th board examination for admission in IITs then it is either 75% or that much aggregate that keeps a student among the top 20 percentile candidate of his/her respective board of examination. In case of SC/ST and PH category minimum marks in qualifying examination is 65%.

As far as you are concerned about the opening and closing ranks for admission in various IITs then it varies with different stream and hence for exact details about the same you can refer to the link www.jeeadv.nic.in.

For more details about JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
9th September 2019, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I am not secured 75% in chemistry 2nd year IPE , but igot 9.5 points in IPE am I eligible for getting a seat in any IIT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?