1st September 2010, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

CAT Eligibility if Graduation is done from foreign country?

hello..i completed my graduation this year from an university in dubai. According to the CAT site a person is eligible if his university is recognized by the HRD, Govt of India. since i studied from an university in dubai i dnt knw about its recognition in india..how can i knw if i am eligible?

1st September 2010, 08:08 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

Default Re: CAT Eligibility if Graduation is done from foreign country?

hello friends plz send feedback to college where you want to take admission . thanking you . best of luck
1st September 2010, 10:22 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Friend

you have exactly right knowledge about the eligibility criteria of cat.

To get confirmation about that your university is recognized or not, for this you have to

visit on the site of MHRD,govt of India ,there you have to search for the list of

recognition of foreign university. If you find the name of your university then you will be

eligible otherwise not.

Thank you
1st September 2010, 10:31 PM
noproblem

Yes you are eligible if government of India approves that university legal
then you must have 50% in your graduation

CAT is of two and a half hours duration having multiple choice questions from the followng sections:

Data Interpretation and logical Reasoning

Quantitative Ability

Verbal Ability and Comprehension

All the best
1st September 2010, 10:40 PM
tina toms

yes you can take the CAT xam..you will be considered as NRI. please check this site www.catiim.in
2nd September 2010, 02:30 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello..i completed my graduation this year from an university in dubai. According to the CAT site a person is eligible if his university is recognized by the HRD, Govt of India. since i studied from an university in dubai i dnt knw about its recognition in india..how can i knw if i am eligible?
Dear friend
You are right about the information that a CAT applicant should have a bachelor degree from an Indian Govt. recognized university and whatever is written is meant to be followed strictly.
However you can have the confirmation from CAT contact center of any of the IIMs.
Contact No.- +91-522-2736681/82
Also if one call from INDIA then the Integrated Voice Response System (IVRS) will be available 24x7 starting from 30 August 2010 on 1 800 103 9293.
28th March 2011, 12:53 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hi,
You have exactly right knowledge about the eligibility criteria of cat.

To get confirmation about that your university is recognized or not, for this you have to

visit on the site of MHRD,govt of India ,there you have to search for the list of

recognition of foreign university. If you find the name of your university then you will be

eligible otherwise not.
Thanks.
All the best.
10th April 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

hey..i am doing bba from g.d.goenka world institute, india. it provides foreign degree of lancaster university, uk. i want to appear for cat exam after my graduation is done. i wanted to know if i am eligible for the same or not. and if not what should be done..??
Thanks.
4th May 2011, 09:16 AM
Chiana

Wink Re: CAT Eligibility if Graduation is done from foreign country?

What a joy to find someone else who thknis this way.
31st January 2012, 11:34 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI,
For C.A.T exam you have to pass the graduation from recognized university of India..
Foreign student are not eligible for C.A.T exam..
If your university in Dubai have recognition for Indian university then you are eligible for C.A.T exam other wise not..

GOOD LUCK!
17th July 2013, 06:35 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash kr. View Post
hello friends plz send feedback to college where you want to take admission . thanking you . best of luck

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

Reservations

As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7½% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
For an updated central list of state-wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer visit the website http://www.ncbc.nic.in. In case of NC-OBC category, the castes included in Central List (available at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Centrallistifobc.html) of NC-OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on September 19, 2012 (Last day of registration) will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT2012.
As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are: a) low-vision/blindness, b) hearing impairment, and c) locomotor disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process. The candidates should read carefully the description of admission process followed by each IIM on their respective websites. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window; hence, the applicants are advised to give attention while registering.

Note for SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates

If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/tribe must be listed in the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you send to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state: (a) Name of your caste/tribe; (b) Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe; (c) District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence; and (d) the appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. A copy of the certificate must be sent to CAT Centre, C/O Admissions Office, Indian Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIM Kozhikode Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode- 673 570, Kerala, INDIA. Mention the Voucher Serial Number on the certificate. Failure to produce a copy of the caste certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT registration.

The caste certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the caste certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

If you belong to the Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), you must produce the NC-OBC certificate duly signed by competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post CAT selection process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.

The DA certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the DA certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?