22nd June 2010, 12:45 PM
ashukla

Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

chemical engineering,scope,salary in india?
is it good to do this course from hindustan institute of technology and sciences,chennai?

Related Questions:
  1. Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Best Chemical Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? Salary of Chemical Engineering in Abroad and the fee structure of it in India?
  3. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering in India? Monthly salary after Chemical Engineering? Best company for chemical engineering? Future of Computer and Electronics Engineering?
  4. What will be the career scope for Chemical Engineer in India? What will be the salary offered for a Chemical Engineer?
  5. What is the scope of chemical engineering? What is the minimum salary? List of the chemical companies in India?
  6. What is the future scope of chemical engineering in India?
  7. Scope of Chemical Engineering in India after B.Tech? What is the average salary after B.Tech in India?
  8. Is chemical engineering good?
  9. Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
  10. What is the scope of chemical engineering in india?
  11. Scope of Chemical Engineering course? Which course is good in M.Tech to get good salary? Additional courses to study along with B.Tech?
  12. Can I do masters in chemical engineering after bachelors in mechanical engineering from Canada? -- [New]
  13. What is the scope of Chemical Engineering course in India?
  14. Is there any scope in Astronautics course? What about the salary packages?
  15. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering? What is the monthly income? Future of computer and electronics engineering?
  16. List of jobs in chemical I can apply for in India after completing PG in process engineering from MIT pune and Chemical engineering from Pune university? What's the future prospective for the same?
  17. Scope and placement for Chemical Engineering from NIT Surat? What is the expected salary?
  18. Minimum salary of Chemical Engineering in India? Opportunities in Chemical Engineering? Which is the best field to opt in Chemical Engineering between Petroleum and Pharmaceuticals? Do Chemical Engineering have any opportunities?
5th July 2010, 04:22 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Default Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

Fields of chemical engg. : petroleum refining, fertilizer technology, processing of food and agricultural products, paints and dyes; recycling metals, glass and plastics; cosmetics, mineral based industries and prevention and control of environmental hazards.

Job package : from at least rs. 20000 per month
5th July 2010, 09:38 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

yes chemical engineering is increasing its wings in various sectors now its having lots of scope and in further time it will also going to increase its its companies so as to employment, in good companies it ranges from 87000 - 122345, somewhere 63000- 88000, in research and development 63000-98000.
5th July 2010, 11:27 PM
drdo99
Banned

united fertilizers,sail,are good companies of chemical engg.
you can also apply through upsc.
5th July 2010, 11:57 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

There is lots of scope in chemical engg. These days lots of students are opting for it after the sudden boom in this field.

There is a myth that if you do chemical engg then you will fill petrols. This is just a joke but the truth is that chemical engg get awesome salaries. Take a case of a guy who did chemical engg from NIT and then went abroad to study and so today he is earning 45 lakhs a year.

In india the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon

So if you have interest in this field then go for it there is lots of scope in it
6th July 2010, 12:08 AM
Guruji

look dear

chemical engineering is one of the ever green branches of engineering.

in India many chemical hubs are opening as well as in abroad.

every year chemical , petrochemical companies like HP ,IOCL , TATA CHEMICALS and many more companies are recruiting number of students every year.

so u keep on checking employment news u will get information about the vacancies.

all the best.
6th July 2010, 03:04 AM
anupam kuruganti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashukla View Post
is it good to do this course from hindustan institute of technology and sciences,chennai?
Yes there is good scope for chemical engineering field now a days and the college you had mentioned is very good college it is going to be a deemed university. so continue with that college you will have a bright future. With B.tech degree you will get a basic pay so better to do your Master degree programmes after your B.tech which can give you more salary.
6th July 2010, 02:04 PM
mohd aleem uddin

it will better 2 do from hindustan institute of technology and science, its salary in gud companys are 87000 - 122345, somewhere 63000- 88000, in research and development 63000-98000.
6th July 2010, 02:04 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
the scope of the engineering entrance exam are very vast,you can get a high package of salary after completing your chemical engineering,you can get good job in the following field
1.petroleum refining
2. fertilizer technology
3. processing of food and agricultural products,
4. paints and dyes
5. recycling metals
6.glass and plastics;
7.cosmetics,
8.mineral based industries
9.prevention and control of environmental hazards.
6th July 2010, 06:51 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend
in chemical engineering you have scope in

1.chemical industry.
2.processing industry.
3.manufacturing industry.
4.printing industry.
5.food & milk industry.

but it is true that your starting salary will not be very high.it will be medium(minmum 10000pm) .and after experiance you salary will be increases......

all the best......
7th July 2010, 07:28 AM
gohan4

HI
Chemical Eng. have great scope today .you can get jobs in medical field,chemical companies,.
8th July 2010, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FROM NIT SRINAGAR , WHAT PACKAGE I CAN GET AFTER B TECH AND M.TECH .
9th July 2010, 08:57 PM
anupam kuruganti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I AM DOING CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FROM NIT SRINAGAR , WHAT PACKAGE I CAN GET AFTER B TECH AND M.TECH .
Dear friend,
It depends up on the type of job you are going to get, the type of the company and your academic qualification. Generally your scope will be in Petrochemical Industries, Biochemical industries and majorly in all big scientific laboratories like CCMB, IMTECH and in any other CSIR laboratory (which is basically involved in research) these are the options if you go with your B.tech degree in your core field i.e., your technical field (and generally you will start with 15 or 18K). If you choose to go for campus interviews in software related field then it will be different( normally starts with 25k to 30k package per month). Normally software industries pay will be high compared to your job in research fields because in your core companies it needs more hierarchical position which can be obtained with a higher degree + little bit of job experience. So there are again 2 options if you want to go for higher degree, first do M.tech (by writing GATE exam ) and then go for Ph.D then search for a job and the second option is go for MBA then start working. You can get more pay for a MBA degree (of course from a reputed institute only which can be obtained by writing CAT exam) compared to your technical job (in technical you need experience along with high degree). So choose the best which you are really more interested in. I hope you got your answer. All the best for you future.
10th July 2010, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

i am doing chemical engg. from nit, what package i can get after b.tech.............
14th July 2010, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i m getting bio chemical engineering in HBTI kanpur!!!!
shud i take it?????
i m intersted in d subject......
but have heard dat it has little scope in india............!
20th July 2010, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

sir,
m doing chemical engg...
plz tell me is it rite to do research after engg.??
n one more ques scope for a girl in dis side??
20th July 2010, 12:58 AM
happy to help

there are a couple of my friends who are in dubai...more precisly Ajman in the UAE..... the placement is fairly good in chemical engineering...but it also depends on whether your college calls companies which hire chemical engineers.... cement companies hire a lot of chemical engineers
demand.......welll u can always take an it job even after chem but not vice versa.....but there is a tremondous demand for chem ppl in africa (were paid upto 4 lacs a month !!) iran iraq etc and also canada
20th July 2010, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

sir,it will better to do chemical engg.from diatm,durgapur,what package i can get after b.tech.
20th July 2010, 02:57 PM
trupti_9227

hello,
see if you are extremely interested in certain field don't look for field,because your interest will show you the way to success ultimately.so go for it, without thinking.i have mentioned some fields in chemical engineering.take a quick look at these;
petrochemical engg,petroleum,polymer,surface coatine technology etc.make sure that you choose a good college as well as a good university( because that is also equally important)

best of luck for future.
i know you will make a very good decision, that would shape your career
20th July 2010, 05:00 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir,
m doing chemical engg...
plz tell me is it rite to do research after engg.??
n one more ques scope for a girl in dis side??
No matter that the branch is fantastic.
It all depends on your capability and your interest to tell things right or wrong.
ie. whether to choose job or to go for higher studies.
There is no girl thing comes in between. If you are not interested to study further then go for a job. You have gates open in Chemical Industry, Medical Industry, Oil Industry(Petroleum Industry), Metal Industry,Fertilizer industry and many more.
But if you are interested in higher studies then go for that.
The research in this field is very much useful to the industries I mentioned above. So, it will be very much appreciated if you advance the current researches in chemical or you get something new.
Than You
20th July 2010, 05:18 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hello friend,

good to know that you are doing chemical engineering from NIT srinagar.

The packages offered to chemical engineers vary from company to company.there are several companies like IOCL,HPCL which offers 7 to 9 lacs per annum.

chemical engineers can also join software companies which offers 3-5 lacs per annum.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------[/SIZE]

Quote:
sir,
i m getting bio chemical engineering in HBTI kanpur!!!!
shud i take it?????
i m intersted in d subject......
but have heard dat it has little scope in india............!
hello friend,

i would suggest you to go for it,because you are having interest in the biochemical field and also the college you are talking about i.e. HBTI kanpur is one of the India's top college,having excellent placement record.

it is true that this field finds less scope in india,but one thing you can do is that you can opt for higher studies from some foreign universities and can do wonders in this field.

good luck!!
20th July 2010, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

thnq sir!!!:))

actually m olso getting e&c in IGIT, delhi!!!!!!
so shud i take it or go 4 bio chemical engineering in HBTI!!!!!!??????
m realy confused!!!

n i ll b doing MBA after engineering!!!!

plz plz help....
20th July 2010, 06:03 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

There is a good scope and also a good salary in the Chemical Engineering.
After completing your chemical engineering,you can get good job in the following field.............
1.petroleum refining
2. fertilizer technology
4. paints and dyes
5.glass and plastics;
6.cosmetics,
I also want to tellu that In india the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon.

THANK YOU.......
20th July 2010, 06:38 PM
sharmila jain

Quote:
hello.. ya after doing the chemical engineering you get handsome pays .. the pay may start from 15,000 to20,000 onwards per month... this field has much better scope and your pay may be incresed after some year s of expierience...
20th July 2010, 08:35 PM
Kumar Mayank

Chemical engineering has got a bit of mis-match of opinion.
No two experts are ever found unanimous for the stream.
Well,according to me it has got enough opportunities in future,only for meritorious students.
In earlier days,merit-less students used to choose the stream,except a few,and when they did not get good placements they declared the stream to be worthless and hence the rumor.
21st July 2010, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

actually m olso getting e&c in IGIT, delhi!!!!!!
so shud i take it or go 4 bio chemical engineering in HBTI!!!!!!??????
m realy confused which option 2 take!!!

n i ll b doing MBA after engineering!!!!

plz plz help....

plz............................................... ........................
24th July 2010, 01:55 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

In india the average salary of chemical engg is 3 lakhs but later the salary get hiked soon,If you are not interested to study further then go for a job. You have gates open in Chemical Industry, Medical Industry, Oil Industry(Petroleum Industry), Metal Industry,Fertilizer industry and many more.But if you are interested in higher studies then go for that.The research in this field is very much useful to the industries I mentioned above. So, it will be very much appreciated if you advance the current researches in chemical or you get something new.

So if you have interest in this field then go for it there is lots of scope in it
25th July 2010, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

how many years will it take to complete diploma and degree in chemical field
29th July 2010, 12:42 PM
MINAL BHOLE

[QUOTE=amarjit;135337]hello friend,

good to know that you are doing chemical engineering from NIT srinagar.

The packages offered to chemical engineers vary from company to company.there are several companies like IOCL,HPCL which offers 7 to 9 lacs per annum.

chemical engineers can also join software companies which offers 3-5 lacs per annum.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------[/SIZE]

hello friend,

i would suggest you to go for it,because you are having interest in the biochemical field and also the college you are talking about i.e. HBTI kanpur is one of the India's top college,having excellent placement record.

it is true that this field finds less scope in india,but one thing you can do is that you can opt for higher studies from some foreign universities and can do wonders in this field.

good luck!![/QUOTE
I M THE STUDENT OF 3YR CHEMICAL ENGG. SO SHALL I PREPEAR 4 ANY ENTRNACE EXAM? WHICH EXAMS?N 4 ABOVE CMPNY ENTRANCE EXAM IS THER?
30th July 2010, 04:26 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

Quote:
it has very wide scope allover the india and also have chance to go abroad all the oil company like hindustan petroleum.indiann oil,fertilizers hire the chemical engineering students
31st July 2010, 12:21 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
chemical engineering is gaining scope now a days. There are many companies which are poviding jobs to chemical engineers. Even the minimum salary they are getting is 20,000 per month. So it is a good carrier option.
31st July 2010, 02:15 PM
sathsish

Smile Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

hello friend,
chemical engineering is booming in current affairs and so it has better scope and salary too..
really its a evergreen branch among other engineering
and so you can attain jobs in the respective fields given below and so on..
1.petroleum refining
2. fertilizer technology
4. paints and dyes
5. recycling metals

all the very best..!!!
31st July 2010, 02:22 PM
s.k.singh

dear friend,
Their is lots of scope for Chemical engineers
they can get jobs in petroleum industries ,medicine industries,SAIL.
As per me concern you will be paid minimum 20,000 per month
31st July 2010, 02:55 PM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: Chemical engineering: scope, salary in india?

it is one of the best branch in india.
many jobs available in this field.
so demand is more to this.
salary is starts from RS.20,000.
by promoting it may be RS.60,000.
31st July 2010, 07:44 PM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
the scope of the chemical engineers is very good and you will get a very good jobs in the following secter
1.petroleum refining
2. fertilizer technology
4. paints and dyes
5.glass and plastics;
6.cosmetics,
31st July 2010, 11:43 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
For chemical engg jobs refer the site www.jobsearch.monsterindia.com
12th August 2010, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I M DOING CHMICAL ENGINEERING IN MNIT JAIPUR WHAT IS SCOPE IN THIS BRANCH HOW MUCH SALARY I GOT AFTER COMLETE MY ENGINEERING
13th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

which is best chemical engineer or a army officer
14th August 2010, 09:21 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear freind

chemical engineering is one of the ever green branches of engineering.

in India many chemical hubs are opening as well as in abroad.

every year chemical , petrochemical companies like HP ,IOCL , TATA CHEMICALS and many more companies are recruiting number of students every year.

so u keep on checking employment news u will get information about the vacancies.

all the best.
18th August 2010, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

hello i am doing chemical engineering from a coolage in chhatisgarh how do u think will i be placed
19th August 2010, 11:21 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you are doing chemical engineering , u not need worry, because chemical engineering has a good future..

as many chemical hubs are opening in India, so there is huge scope to get a job..

the recruitment of students in this field is good in every year..

there are lots of companies where u can apply for a job, like,

1. ONGC

2. IOCL

3. Asian paints

4. Bharat Petroleum

etc..

where u can get a job for oil refining , paint and dyes, fertilizer technology. etc..

all the best.
19th August 2010, 03:05 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
there are huge scope of chemical engineers in india
type of jobs::1>petroleum refining
2> fertilizer technology
3>processing of food
salary:: it may starts from 25,000/- to 50,000/-
where::1>Holdia,WB,India
2>Mumbai,Maharastra
3>Noida,UP
Best of luck
19th August 2010, 03:09 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
there are huge scope of chemical engineers in india
type of jobs::1>petroleum refining
2> fertilizer technology
3>processing of food
salary:: it may starts from 25,000/- to 50,000/-
where::1>Holdia,WB,India
2>Mumbai,Maharastra
3>Noida,UP
Best of luck
22nd August 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

i'm doing chemical engineering inOU,hyd.how are the opportunities for chemical engineers in hyd especially for girls.
23rd August 2010, 01:22 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
the scope for chemical engineer is huge.you can join many big firms in India.you scope lies in petroleum refining,fertilizer technology,food processing and agricultural products,recycling of metals,plastics and dyes.you strating salary will be atleast 20,000 later on based on experience it will increase.
All The Best!!!
25th August 2010, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

i want to do chemical engineering from jmit radaur. is it is a right decision????????
1st September 2010, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

i want to pursue chemical engg. from osmania university...how is the placement ?
5th November 2010, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

I wish to do Chemical engineering in IIT. What r d pros and cons of chemical engineering. Will I have a placement and salary in India or abroad.
1st December 2010, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

chemical eng colleges in karnataka
12th December 2010, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

hai!i am gurujayanthi ,pursuing chemical engineering in vel high tech engineering college,Avadi.i want to know ,what degrees should i complete to get the maximum salary?is going to abroad and working there is safe?waiting for your reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?