5th October 2015, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Choice of stream in 12th to go for CA course

I'm a student of 10th standard. I wanted to go for CA cource after completing 12th but I do not want to go for commerce stream instead I want to go for science with maths stream. Please get me out of this confusion. Can I choose any stream for take CA cource in 12th.

5th October 2015, 11:00 PM
H Rimmy

Default Re: Choice of stream in 12th to go for CA course

Eligibility criteria for CA- A Candidate must be passed 12th with minimum 50% marks .After completion of 12th you have to do graduation in B.com or BBA.
Here you want to know about the stream .I would like to suggest you that you would choose to commerce stream in 12th so it can be easy for you to get further study of CA.
After doing 12th and graduation degree you have to appear entrance exam CPT & get good scores for joining of CA.
5th October 2015, 11:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for the Chartered Accountancy. There are three stages of this course:

1. Common Proficiency Test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence Course.

3. Final course.

Yes, you can apply for the CPT from any stream in 10+2 but if you see the examination pattern of CPT, majority of questions comes from commerce stream subjects like Accounting, Mercantile law, Economics, so it would be better for you take commerce stream if you want to do well in this course.

You can apply for this exam even with science stream with maths bu you will have to study above mentioned subjects in order to clear CPT.
5th October 2015, 11:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the Common Proficiency Test which is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy after doing 10+2 with science stream but remember one thing the objective questions asked in CPT exam are from:

1. Economics.

2. Mercantile law.

3. Fundamentals of Accountancy.

These subjects are of commerce stream, hence you will need to study them also if you want to crack CPT, so commerce stream will be more suitable for CA aspiring candidate.
7th October 2015, 05:56 PM
RRAL

Yes you can go for the CA course. This course can be completed under the following three stages:-

CA-CPT.
CA-IPCC.
CA-FINALS.

You have to clear all these entrance exam respectively.These exams are conducted by the ICAI for the CA course.

The eligibility criteria for the CPT exam is to have a successfully passed out in class 12th in any discipline. There is not any restrictions to opt any particular stream during 11th or 12th.

For the CA-IPCC you have to clear the CPT exam and you must have to complete your graduation degree in any stream with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. After completing this exam only you will be eligible for the Ca-finals.
3rd November 2019, 09:46 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

The eligibility for CA is
You will have to score 50% in 12 standard and also completed your graduation
So it is better to go for commerce stream as it will help to clear the exam easily
If you select commerce stream you will have a good base and knowledge about the exam
So better select commerce stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?