19th October 2010, 05:30 PM
nilesh1707

Colleges in India offering PhD in Mechanical Engineering? Stipends and scholarships?

Hi friends
I have 1.5 years of rich experience in consulting field. I did masters in M.E.(CAD/CAM) Mechanical and want to join Ph.d . Is there any stipend given by the Ph.d institute during ?
If yes then pls suggest some good colleges name in west india .
I will try next year in IIT but want to know more colleges across india offering Ph.d in Mechanical.

Thanx in Advance

Nilesh

Related Questions:
  1. Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular PhD? Is there any special benefits and scholarships? various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?
  2. Which University are offering Part-Time Phd in Mechanical Engineering field in India?
  3. Colleges and universities which offer PhD course?
  4. Universities/colleges offering PhD in Mechanical Engineering in Rajasthan?
  5. Eligibility to get OCI Visa for an Iranian to study PhD in Mechanical Engineering in India?
  6. List of colleges offering PhD in Painting in India -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at IITs or NITs?
  8. Institutes offering PhD in Robotics in India as well as in Abroad?
  9. Any engineering colleges offering distance education after completing diploma in mechanical?
  10. Colleges in India offering Masters in Astrobiology? Information about scholarship?
  11. List of colleges offering PhD in Library Science in India
  12. Am I eligible for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?
  13. Which are the best engineering colleges in India offering B.Tech in Mechatronics/Mechanical?
  14. Can I do Aeronautical Engineering for PG after graduating in Mechanical Engineering? Colleges in India offering Aeronautical Engineering in PG level?
  15. Should I have to appear in GRE to study PhD in Abroad being a M.Tech(Engineering Design) postgraduate? Scholarships available and fee expenses?
  16. Institutes offering scholarships for PhD course?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?
  18. Colleges offering B.Sc in Geology in India? How to go Abroad then after to study PhD?
19th October 2010, 07:59 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Colleges in India offering PhD in Mechanical Engineering? Stipends and scholarships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesh1707 View Post
Hi friends
I have 1.5 years of rich experience in consulting field. I did masters in M.E.(CAD/CAM) Mechanical and want to join Ph.d . Is there any stipend given by the Ph.d institute during ?
If yes then pls suggest some good colleges name in west india .
I will try next year in IIT but want to know more colleges across india offering Ph.d in Mechanical.

Thanx in Advance

Nilesh

If you are a GATE qualified candidate then you can persue your phd at IITs,all IIT and IISc are vary good place for persuing PhD.and also NITs are offering Phd but they are not adiquate.

scholarship for phd are presently increased ,amount likely 16,000/-pm at IITs.
24th November 2010, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Colleges in India offering PhD in Mechanical Engineering? Stipends and scholarships?

Hi friends
I have 31 years of rich experience in Mech Engg Field. I did masters in M.Tech. (Industrial Design) Mechanical and want to join Ph.d . Is there any stipend given by the Ph.d institute during ?
If yes then pls suggest some good colleges name in North india .
I will try but want to know more colleges across india offering Ph.d in Mechanical.

Thanx in Advance

A K Gupta
1st February 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Colleges in India offering PhD in Mechanical Engineering? Stipends and scholarships?

i have no experience. now i am doing MTech (CAD/CAM) .i will be passed out in 2011 .i want to do PHd. in mechanical this year. so tell me the insitutes for PHd.
9th April 2011, 08:11 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, IISC is best for Ph.D go for it
17th April 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

i have done my masters in IC engines and automobiles with distinction. i want to pursue my phd in the same field. can u tell me which are the institutes applicable for me for pursuing my phd????????????
12th May 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my masters in automation and robotics, i want to know about the phd college name in karnataka where this subject related phd can be done????
28th May 2011, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Better go IISC Bangalore.This is the best option.
Thanks
NSR
19th July 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

i have done m-tech in mechanical engineering i wana noe about part time phd in mechanical engineering.
8th October 2011, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing M-Tech(Mech Engg) with specialization in Thermal Engineering.I wish to do PhD in engineering through distance mode/Correspondence/Part Time.Please help me, furnish details, and whereabout of the institutions/ Universities
15th October 2011, 11:25 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi friend,

eligibility criteria for Ph.D after M.Sc Course

Age eligibility
Candidate must be between 25 years to 35 years for taking admission in Ph.D.
Candidate should have Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology .
Candidate should have secured at least 60% marks in above .
Candidate of SC/ST category are eligible for 5% relaxation in above .

Some colleges providing P.hd are...
Delhi university
University of Poona
Madras University
University of Calcutta

Good Luck..!!
16th October 2011, 12:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

THE COLLEGE LIST FOR PHD IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING IN INDIA

1. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
4. Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
7. Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani
8. Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
9. Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
10. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore

Thanks
29th November 2011, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

but the above mentioned universities need GATE score. suggest some universities in maharashtra which do not need GATE score for PHd programs.

Thanks,
UDAY.
27th February 2013, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

hi friend,
I wish to join part time Phd in mechanial. pls give me the details
thanking you
rajesh
6th March 2013, 07:31 AM
pantaloon

hi,,,,,,

Colleges in India offering PhD in Mechanical Engineering

1.Madras University

2.Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences

3.Indian Institute of Technology

4.Vellore Institute of Technology

5.Indian Institute of Technology

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th March 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I%u2018m in last term of master in mech eng in iran. would like to do phd in mech eng in india. where & what is criteria for me to take admission
9th March 2013, 01:36 AM
dyco

Dear,
list of Colleges offering Phd in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING are-

>IIT-Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Madras, Roorkee.

>BHU-Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi

>BITS- Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani

>Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati

>Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore

With Regards
9th March 2013, 10:57 AM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi.....
Friends,

The List of PhD in Mechanical Engineering in India like ::
===========================================

*** Indian Institute of Technology , Delhi

*** Indian Institute of Technology , Kanpur

*** Indian Institute of Technology , Mumbai

*** Indian Institute of Technology , Kharagpur

*** Indian Institute of Technology , Guwahadi

*** Indian Institute of Technology , Madras

*** Vellore Institute of Technology , Vellore

*** Indian Institute of Technology , Rookee.

All the best........................
13th May 2013, 04:09 AM
sushildhaker

Due to lack of state of art facilities in research and development field in India you have limited institute which are offering Ph.d in mechanical engineering-

IIT Madras

IIT Bombay

IIT Roorkee

IIT Kanpur

IIT Delhi

Jadavpur university

IIT Kharagpur

Anna university

IISc Banglore.
21st March 2014, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing masters in Plastic Engineering want to pursue P.hd in mchanical engineering.
Am I Elibible to pursue P.hd in Mechanical Engg. As my Bachlor degree in mechanical Engg?
3rd April 2017, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I completed my pg in cad/cam after that I Want to join PhD plz suggest the clog and also told mi cut off gate score please, reply immediately in my email [email protected]
26th July 2020, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

I am B.E in Mechanical engineering and completed ME also I want do PHD please suggest me any college who is given stipend ? Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?