21st December 2019, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Is Commerce student with Additional Math also eligible for NDA?

Respected Sir, my mathematics is weak so I opted for mathematics in additional subject. It would be really nice of you if you could answer my question out of your busy schedule to confirm me about NDA selection for 12th Commerce students with Mathematics.

22nd December 2019, 12:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Commerce student with Additional Math also eligible for NDA?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to appear in NDA examination, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board. Further, Mathematics along with Physics is required as main subjects during Class 12th for joining Indian Air Force or Indian Navy wing.

So, having completed your Class 12th with Commerce stream even without Mathematics, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining its Indian Army wing provided you satisfy other criteria too.

For more details regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd December 2019, 09:36 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The one thing I would like to let you know that for appearing in NDA (National Defense Academy) examination for joining Indian Army wing of NDA, the minimum education required is simply a higher secondary school degree in any stream from a recognized board where as for joining other two wings namely Indian Navy or Indian Air force wings the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree in science stream with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, as mentioned above having Mathematics as an additional paper in Class 12th does not make any difference while deciding your eligibility for appearing in the NDA examination.

For more details regarding NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd December 2019, 09:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for NDA exam-

- The aspirant should have done 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry, mathematics and English from a recognised board with an aggregate of 60% marks.

Being a Commerce student you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy, Indian Airforce through NDA exam but you can apply for Indian Army.
22nd December 2019, 09:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the NDA exam but for the Army wing only.
NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
Being a commerce with math you are eligible for army post not for airforce and navy.

Eligibility criteria :-
Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.
Candidate must be under 16.5 to 19 years. Candidate should not be married .
Only male candidates are eligible.
22nd December 2019, 10:08 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, being a Commerce student you cannot apply for NDA exam because to apply for NDA exam the candidate should have done 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board however you can apply for Indian Army through NDA exam.
22nd December 2019, 10:18 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, commerce with maths you are eligible for NDA but only for Army post.
For airforce and Navy post candidate must have maths and physics both as compulsory subject.
Eligibility criteria for NDA:-
12th degree from a recognised board. Candidate must be citizen of India.
Age limit is 16.5 to 19 years.
Candidate must be unmarried male.
Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?