20th December 2010, 11:31 PM
Jaydipsing panchal

Completed MCA with 48% : Will I get a job in a good company?

I have completed my MCA with 48%. Will I get a good job in a company?

Please help

21st December 2010, 05:12 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Completed MCA with 48% : Will I get a job in a good company?

Frankly speaking your score is low. But do not get dejected. Initially you may need to work in less reputed company. But with experience you can move to a good company.
21st December 2010, 10:25 AM
deepak.manit2007

Hi,
COngrats for completion of your PG degree.As you have completed you have opportunity to get into an IT ciompany but most of the mass recruiters and other IT companies have minimum criteria of >60 % in degree but still there are some companies without any criteria.I would suggest you to look for small companies rather than big brands.After some experience you can switch to any company.ou may also go for elitmus as you may get opportunities through this.
All the best
21st December 2010, 10:36 AM
amahajan

Hiii
See Percentage marks can matter to a company and may not matter to a company. specially when A company come for the placement in college at that they have certain criteria to select a candidate. but you seperately visit the company for the interview then the company might select you not on the basis of your marks but may be for your intelligence. I mean to say that you can get a job in a good company it all depends on your caliber. so try hard you will get a good job in a good company.
You can also start your career from a small scale company and after taking experience you can switch for the other reputed company.
good luck
21st December 2010, 10:45 AM
anitha03

hi if u have good technical skills and subject knowledge,, you dont worry about percentage marks. so many companies are expecting from candidates technical skills. and study any course improve ur skills.. all the best.
21st December 2010, 11:47 AM
jitendradagrt

yes,off course you get a good job in good company because in most of the companies they want a knowledgeable candidate.
good companies appreciates hard working and good candidate so dont worry about marks.
21st December 2010, 11:48 AM
mishra245

of course you get job in MCA.
But you strugle more from the first class student.
21st December 2010, 12:11 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)It is very very less Percentage to get a job, Best thing is that how much percentage you got in UG?,with that you try to get the job and then do the additional after that with this job,in every company after four you can do additional on your qualification,that time you add that,side by side do any course in computer science like
*CCNA
*IBM Main Frame

Best of luck
21st December 2010, 01:06 PM
anaspeer

With 48% in MCA is not a bad grade. But getting job in top MNC's is not eligible for you. Get into some basic companies and show your talent to the best and create a project that is well worthy. This will help you in boosting your career.

So gain experience and then you can try for top MNC's and get settled.

Don't worry of your percentage. You will have good reward if you hardwork from now.

All the best.
21st December 2010, 01:15 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: Completed MCA with 48% : Will I get a job in a good company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydipsing panchal View Post

Please help
Sorry friend,
It is impossible to get a IT job with 48% marks in Master degree...
Try to get a work experience with it,these can help you to get a job...
21st December 2010, 05:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

It is very difficult to you, to get good job with 48% marks in MCA.

In now a days, Each and every company wants minimum 60% marks in the Master Degree courses. But, you are fail to score, If you scored atleast 50% marks, then it possible you will get job.

But dont worry, just try for job, send your resumes to the companies. If you have a good Communication Skills And Talent, then you will definately get good job.

Because With the Help of Communication, anyone will get good jobs in any Companies.

So, if you dont score good Marks in your Master degree, then Dont worry, just Improve your Communication skills, Then definately any Company will hire you with good Salary Pacakage.
21st December 2010, 06:12 PM
juniorravik1214
Banned

Dear friend its a real tough time for you because you will face difficulty in getting a job everytime because now a days people are selected first considering their marks and your marks is really poor .this is a high time so you Should have secured atleast 60%.
21st December 2010, 06:57 PM
Nallam Srilatha

Hi,
it's very difficult to get good job.you don't expect good job in MNC because you percentage is low.
so,you have to try small company's,you will get job.with this experience then you will get good job in mnc.
i'm sorry to say to be frank you won't get job in top mnc don't waste your time.because the company's hire from minimum 60%.but you have more opportunities in small company's.
All the best
21st December 2010, 07:06 PM
sindhusweety

hi,
It is very hard to get good job in any good company.at present days companies are seeing not only communication skills,knowledge,common sense,technical skills but they are also seeing how much percentage that you got in your education by seeing that they get clear picture what you are. the companies like tcs,satyam,wipro,cognizent have the minimum basic rules that the candidates educational qualification should be above 70%.

but dont get down.join as alecturers or you may many other option.If you wish is to join in good companies only my sincere advice is to join first in small companies and get experience and then you may have chance to hired in good companies
21st December 2010, 08:15 PM
bikenindia

Hi Rahul,
Your aggregate is very low and it will be really difficult to get good companies and even other firm.
But you should not give up, try submitting your resumes in various company or any organisation , i am sure you ll be called for interview and give your best shot.

All the best
Thank you.
21st December 2010, 09:17 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

most of the leading company give criterion that student must have minimum of 60% marks through out the career to join their company. but you have very less marks in master degree.

i that case i will suggest if you have more than 60% marks in graduation then try to get job with your graduation degree. i think you will get job.

now if you want to do job with your master degree then also don't worry so much. just try to first get a job may be in small company. work there for two or three years then try to get job in reputed company with your work experience. i think you will get job there.

best wishes.
21st December 2010, 10:01 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Dear friend your marks are really a matter of concern because allmost all the leading companies need atleast 60% throughout the carrier means 10th, 12th ,graduation and so on but you have secured only 48%. so you will definitely face problem in getting job because companies selects its staffs on the basis of marks first. however if your communication skill and knowledge is good then you will definitely get job. good luck.
21st December 2010, 10:49 PM
ankit gangrade

abslutely you get the job........but one thing require is your knowledge in computer software field........
if you are having good knowledge of languages like c, c++,java,.net, then no any power of this world can block your way.....
all the best.....
and keep applyng in different it industry for an interview.....
21st December 2010, 11:20 PM
Ranu

most of the company give criterion .... students must have minimum 60% marks in their courses.

but if you have good communication skills then you can gat a good job.
for this first u try in small company and then try for reputated company.. they will select you on the basis of your experience..

good luck..
22nd December 2010, 06:02 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

frankly speaking you will definetely face problem in getting a job because your marks is poor. most of companies need atleast 60% throughout the career. don't get dispressed try to join some small company initially and after some years of experiance ,apply in well known companies. good luck.
29th December 2010, 08:15 PM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
You will must face problem in getting job in good company but i think you should join small company to get experience and to get better job in best company
12th January 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

sorry my boy it very hard to get a job, but don't down your hop,,,e you try your best by putting your enrgy in a good way,,,, and learn some programing knowledge and first win the small industry,,, then win the topest field of the company,,,,,,,,,,,, all the beat.,
28th February 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

hi, I am Nandini I have done MCA in 2008 with 81% marks.and i got a placement in Infogen Global,kolkata but due to recession company not recruit any body.after that i was join as part time lecturer in a college.now i realise i have to complete M.tech to get permanent job in an Engg college.if now i want to switch over to IT sector,then can i get a good job there? please help me.
12th April 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

i complete my MCA in 2010, and also complete java course but i can't get job? presently what is best way 2 get job?
30th June 2011, 09:31 PM
amit gaur2065

You can not get a good company because your score is very low, so it is not possible to get job in a good company,but in starting, you can start your career with a small reputed company, when your experience will increase then you can shift yourself in another company , then your salary package will be more compare to the first job,
6th August 2011, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

BECAUSE OF MONEY PROBLEM I AM PREFER TO COMPLETE MY MCA IN A SMALL COLLEGE, CAN I GET JOB IN BRAND COMPANIES ?
6th August 2011, 09:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please help
dear friend,

you score is very low as per govt and private sector jobs. because maximum software company fixed the criteria is above 60%.

the govt sector criteria is 55% so you have to try for school teacher jobs or .NET or PHP companies jobs.

all the best
6th August 2011, 10:31 AM
Lyk23

Smile Re: Completed MCA with 48% : Will I get a job in a good company?

Hi friend,

* congratulations !

* There are plenty of people who got jobs with low percentage.

* so,please dont worry! still you can get a job.

* These days Each and every company wants minimum 60% marks in the Master Degree courses.

* But Still, its possible you will get a job.

* Just try for job, send your resumes to the companies.

* If you have a good Communication Skills ,writing skills and Talent, then you will get a good job.

* Communication skills will help you a lot to get a job.

* I hope you will get a job.

ALL THE VERY BEST!
23rd October 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

i GOT 57% in tenth,49.8 in puc,67 in bca and 60% in mca can anyone list the names of company where i am eligible plz
6th November 2011, 04:13 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi..

Your score 48% is not upto any mark for you to get admission in any good company.

You should go for your MBA, and then score well in that.
Or you can start working in a small firm, and then gain experience.

This would add value to your academics and results.
21st March 2012, 03:48 PM
vijaykumarsriram
Member+

Angry Re: Completed MCA with 48% : Will I get a job in a good company?

Quote:

Please help

* congratulations !
* There are plenty of people who got jobs with low percentage.
* so,please dont worry! still you can get a job.
* These days Each and every company wants minimum 60% marks in the Master Degree courses.
* But Still, its possible you will get a job.
* Just try for job, send your resumes to the companies.
* If you have a good CommunicationSkills ,writing skills and Talent, thenyou will get a good job.
* Communication skills will help youa lot to get a job.
* I hope you will get a job.
ALL THE VERY BEST!
Dnt worry
27th January 2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am pursuing my mca in (2014) i have good marks in 10 -61%,BCA 77%,MCA 79%, but i dot have PUC(12) marks ..it is 48% very poor shall i get job in IT company .?...OR company will consider only current ...% mean mca marks ,,,,,,,OR,,,,if company will consider the ...entire education (academics) ,,,,,what can i do ........!!!!!?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?