15th August 2019, 03:24 AM
12sid123

Is it compulsory to appear for GATE examination in order to get government jobs?

Is it mandatory to attend 8th semester of B.Tech in order to apply for GATE/PSU, Banking or other government jobs in case we get hired as a trainee in some company and can't attend the classes in college?

15th August 2022, 08:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to appear for GATE examination in order to get government jobs?

No, there is no need to appear in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) to get jobs in government jobs or private jobs except few PSUs job where GATE Score is used as a shortlisting or selection criteria.

Further, as far as compulsion of attending classes during final semester of B.Tech. degree is allowed it depends upon the institutes whether it allows candidate to join as an intern or trainee during their final semester or not. So, for clarity over this topic you need to refer to your academic department or your course curriculum.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?