16th April 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have Bengali if I already have English as one of my subjects in ISC?

Is it compulsory to have Bengali, if I already have English as one of my subjects for ISC?

Related Questions:
6th May 2011, 05:26 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have Bengali if I already have English as one of my subjects in ISC?

Well subjects arrangement in ISC is such that English is compulsory for any stream. There will be two papers in English - Paper 1 (Language) Paper II Literature.

Apart from English a candidate have to select three elective subjects + one optional subject + Environmental studies is compulsory for all.

Let you are a Medical student of ISC, then subject combination will be such that Compulsory - English and Environmental studies, Elective- Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Optional - Physical Education, Maths, Computer etc.

Let you are a Non - Medical student of ISC, then subject combination will be such that Compulsory - English and Environmental studies, Elective- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, Optional - Physical Education, Biology, Computer etc.

Let you are a Commerce student of ISC, then subject combination will be such that Compulsory - English and Environmental studies, Elective- Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies, Optional - Physical Education, Business Maths, Computer etc.

Let you are a Arts student of ISC, then subject combination will be such that Compulsory - English and Environmental studies, Elective- Physicology, History, Geography Optional - Physical Education, Hindi, Bengali, Sanskrit etc.

So, English is compulsory you can either opt for Bengali or not, its your own wish. But it alo depends upon school, if school doesn't have facility for any other course except Bengali. But this happens very rare, so leave this.

Regrads
~Faiyaz~
6th May 2011, 11:55 AM
swati biswas

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have Bengali if I already have English as one of my subjects in ISC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it compulsory to have Bengali, if I already have English as one of my subjects for ISC?
No, my friend it is not compulsory to have Bengali is you have english. But, if you have planned to build your career in West Bengal , then I would suggest you to take Bengali as your third language as many state govts jobs do ask for Bengali knowledge certificate.
best wishes
15th June 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

how will i bengali and compulsory bengali main question papers of ias when no book shop is available?
15th August 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

can i take computers and arts as elective subjects fr isc?
11th March 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

i like to choose english,ev studies,physics,chemistry,math and biology in ISC. Is it permissibile?
11th February 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

What are the other subjects which we can go for in order to drop bengali?
12th February 2014, 10:30 AM
Sowmya449

No... my friend it is not compulsory to have Bengali is you have english. But, if you have planned to build your career in West Bengal , then I would suggest you to take Bengali as your third language as many state govts jobs do ask for Bengali knowledge certificates....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?