19th February 2011, 01:06 PM
srinivasan murugesan

Is it compulsory to have a certified course to join a Company? IT related companies expect candidates to have certified courses?

is it compulsory to have a certified course to join a company? Whether the IT related companies will expect the candidates to have the certified course?

26th February 2011, 01:23 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is it compulsory to have a certified course to join a Company? IT related companies expect candidates to have certified courses?

hello friend...

It is not compulsory to be certified before joining the IT company, but companies do expect and give preference for the candidates you finish the certification course like SCJP (JAVA), ORACLE (Database), CCNA (CISCO-Networking), RHCE(Linux), Novell etc... last month we had NOKIA SIEMENS NETWORKS in our campus and by Gods Grace got placed in that company... i do completed CCNA course which helped me to be placed in this company cause they work in networking as core... so my advice to you will be try to do some certification course where you are interested and never do it for the sake of placements or just to earn a certificate it wont help you in the future.... hope this info. helps...

All the Best...
27th February 2011, 10:27 PM
chinudey20

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have a certified course to join a Company? IT related companies expect candidates to have certified courses?

Yes the IT companies are looking for some extra skills in the canditates like Java, Oracle , Dotnet, etc but these courses are not mandatory. But if you have idea in these fields then you will have greater chances.
8th June 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have a certified course to join a Company? IT related companies expect candidates to have certified courses?

I have completed my BCA 2 years ago. Now I am not getting job on only that qualification so I am looking for a certification for the job and I want it from C-DAC. I want to do cerification in any of software programming which will give me surity of job in company. I want 6months or 1year duration for the certification. So please kindly inform me which certifications are there related to software languages,their fees and duration.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?