21st August 2020, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have full 3 years Graduate degree course to appear for UPSC examination?

Hello, I did 3 years of Diploma in General Nursing and on the basis of this Diploma I got direct entry in final year of B.Sc Nursing degree course which I am about to complete. So, will I be able to apply and appear for UPSC examination as my overall Graduation is of one year only due to lateral entry route?

23rd August 2020, 12:42 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have full 3 years Graduate degree course to appear for UPSC examination?

First of all you have to complete your BSc than only you will be eligible for UPSC exam.

You got direct entry in final year , it doesn't matter .

You just have to complete BSc than their will no problem.
23rd August 2020, 05:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have full 3 years Graduate degree course to appear for UPSC examination?

Yes, it is compulsory to have full 3 years Graduate degree course to appear for UPSC examination.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC examination:-

The candidate must have at least a bachelor's degree from a recognised University to take the UPSC exam.
Even those candidates who have written the final year exams of the qualifying exam ( bachelor's degree ) and are awaiting results can apply.

Age limit:-

The minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 32 years .
25th August 2020, 01:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not mandatory to have pursued a bachelor's degree course in regular mode to be eligible for appearing in the UPSC examination as lateral entry bachelor's degree course or integrated bachelor degree course are equivalent to a regular bachelor degree course and therefore even having opted for B.Sc. in Nursing degree course through lateral entry, you are still eligible for appearing in the UPSC examination as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned.

For complete details regarding UPSC examinations, you can refer to its official website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?