20th January 2012, 10:54 PM
kzjaiswal

Could you please tell me if CA better than engineering?

is ca better than engineering. is ca tougher than engineering....please tell me if the answer

21st January 2012, 02:15 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Could you please tell me if CA better than engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzjaiswal View Post
is ca better than engineering. is ca tougher than engineering....please tell me if the answer

You have posed a million dollar question!

No one can give a straight answer for such questions. The answer depends upon several factors like your aptitude, your background, your career ambitions, your family background, your academic interest, your intelligence, etc.

Established CAs run roaring business with their clients. In a similar way fresh IT graduates pocket handsome salary.

Ideally CA status can be acquired in a shorter time span than an Engg degree. But it is only ideal! You can hardly come across any CA who has completed all the papers in the very first attempt. knowledge of Accounting, Company Law, etc. are required in CAs profession. A CA may not get continuous business throughout the year. It becomes hectic just before tax filing season. In one way, it may be good to spend some valuable time with his family members. CAs don't have to slog around in Laboratories, Workshops, Projects, NCC and the like. But, these very activities may be liked by an Engg student. Moreover, a CA may not go through a campus life at all. People who have spent the prime of their lifetime in colleges and hostels can always recall their fond memories. A CA is like a polished diamond. His value increases with more and more practice. So, initially he may not have a sound business. An Engg student will have to go through the rigmorale of class rooms, homeworks, mathematics and the like. He has lot many options open after he completes his course. He may take a job, start a business, go to teaching, pursue higher studies, etc. As already stated, a talented fresh engg student may land a job with 5 digit monthly salary with possibility of workspells abroad also. His network is much vast when compared to a CA. It takes much more money to complete a BE degree.

I have more or less summarised the pros and cons of both options. Please consider your situation and come to a decision.

All the best.
21st January 2012, 02:58 AM
Ronie0309

CA and engineering cannot be compared on the basis of toughness as both the courses are pretty tough but there is a lot of competition in the engineering field as most of the people opt for engineering(science) rather than commerce as far as the people of the big cities are concerned.
A very important thing is that if you choose to be an engineer then you should be aiming for IITs OR NITs as 5 years from now these are the type of engineers who will be in demand and the other engineers might struggle for jobs.
CA is also a good option if you get good results and get a job in a reputed company or else if you ant to set up your own business then you will have to have good and wide range of contacts.
21st January 2012, 06:56 PM
poisondart
Member+

Quote:
It depends on ur choice and intrests.
U see they are totally different fields both of which require hard work. I would suggest engg.(just my personal opinion). But u shud do what u want to and not wat others say:-)
21st January 2012, 10:02 PM

donot compaire ca and engeneering.you can go any one of this where you feel interests..but if you feel interests in engeneering please admit in areputed colleges because the campasing in engeneering is not so good so if you donot get admit in reputed colleges try to admit in ca
20th May 2013, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Hi, iam ssc graduted and iam feeling difficulty in choosing right option in my futire career whether to taks MEC to do CA or to do MPC for engineering can please any one suggest me for this career guidance.
2nd August 2013, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

According to me,i have heard from many people that ca earns more...
10th December 2013, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi cld u pls tell me whether ca is better or engineering plzzz%u017Az%u017Azzzzzzzzzz%u017Azzzzz I am unable to judge myself . Few say ca nd few engineering cld u plzzz%u017Az%u017Azzzzzzzzzz%u017Azzzzz help me as early as possible ?????????????????????????????????
6th April 2014, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

yea both are completly different...if u choose CA u cant come across college life...but u need to be mentally stable,serious,brilliant and should do hard work as well....engineering takes its own time....u can enjoy college life...but there also you want be serious about your studies and should have control on yourself
7th July 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

i completed my 12th class securing 92%. i want to go for engineering but my father is interested in ca.but i couldn't get a good rank in any competitive exam.so please help me in choosing my future career?
6th September 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

i am in sslc and i am confused wheather to do science or commerce bcoz both are equally interesting for me!!!
the problem there is no demand for engineers now in in soth india ;;;
but if i go to ca i have a fear that it is tough and i will miss my college life!!!
one more thing is i am good at teaching and my favorite sub is maths .....
please any suggestions
12th March 2016, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

I'm a good math student. I score 100% marks in my Assessments, Mid Year papers and Final Exams. I am always willing to practice Mathematics as much as I can. But on the other hand I don't want to study Engineering as I find it too boring (I'm a girl..haha) I want to study Accounting & Finance when I grow up or become a Chartered Accountant I.Allah. But my parents always wanted me to become a doctor which I like becoming but I think they aren't good at maths so I have a fear of falling behind in MATHS when I become a doctor.
So can you please tell me whether I can become a doctor and then do CA for a degree?
I love both the fields! <3
13th March 2016, 08:22 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
See,
CA stands for Chartered Accountant and can be pursued by only those students who have good command over sbujects like:- Accounts, business studies, company laws and so on..
while
Engineering is a Practical of science.
To do engineering from well reputed institute you must have good command over Physics, chemistry, Maths, computer science and so on..
Hence here is a clear proof that these aren't comparable.
choose those field which you like the most infact you love the most.
future is bright of all those students who go with their heart and don't get scared of consequences..
Do your best!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?