12th February 2012, 09:03 AM
archana.vijayan

Is it counted as an attempt if I have applied for Civil Service Examination last year and did not attempt the Exam?

i applied for civil service examination last year but i can't attempt the exam.. is it counted as an attempt or not.. i am from general category..

14th February 2012, 05:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it counted as an attempt if I have applied for Civil Service Examination last year and did not attempt the Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archana.vijayan View Post
i applied for civil service examination last year but i can't attempt the exam.. is it counted as an attempt or not.. i am from general category..
If you applied for the Civil Service Exam last year but didn't appeared for any paper, it will not be counted as an attempt. Until and unless a candidate write at least one paper of civil service exam, it is not counted as an attempt.

Since you are from General Category, you have still got 4 attempts left to qualify the Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission as the maximum number of attempts allowed for candidates belonging to general category is Four and for OBC category, it is Seven.
For candidates from Sc/St category do not have such restrictions and could write the exam as many times they need to qualify the exam till the age of 35 years.
14th June 2012, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it counted as an attempt if I have applied for Civil Service Examination last year and did not attempt the Exam?

i had applied for ras 2012 but not appeared in pre is dis wil be attempt
24th August 2020, 09:10 PM
bhardwaj12
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by archana.vijayan View Post
Yes, it will be counted as you enrolled for the examination. It does not matter whether you gave exam or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?