10th May 2011, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Will an IAS exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but apply and get the Admit card?

Sir if i have filled the form download the admit card and unfortunately i am unable to attend the ies -2011 exam then will this be counted as "attempt" or not? please reply it soon....its urgent....5 days to go...?

10th May 2011, 11:54 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will an IAS exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but apply and get the Admit card?

Yes it will be counted.

The maximum number of attempts for IAS exam are as follows
-For General category : Maximum of 4 times
-For OBC : Maximum of 7 times
-For SC/ST : No limit on number of attempts

Once you have applied for the civil services exam and get the admit card, it will be counted as an attempt irrespective of you appeared the exam or not.

So try to appear for the exam
10th May 2011, 12:35 PM
mohd haider

Default Re: Will an IAS exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but apply and get the Admit card?

Yes it will be counted.

-For SC/ST : No limit on number of attempts

Once you have applied for the civil services exam and get the admit card, it will be counted as an attempt irrespective of you appeared the exam or not.

So try to appear for the exam
10th May 2011, 03:10 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yor attempt will be counted if and only if you sit for preliminary exam. Merely issuing admit card is not counted as attempt.
10th May 2011, 04:09 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
It is not counted as an attempt unless you have appeared for atleast one paper in the exam. Since you have just applied and got admit card but haven't appeared for any paper, it won't be counted as an attempt.
To clarify, you may refer to the official website of UPSC and see the FAQ section.
30th May 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

sir, what is the process of issuing duplicate admit card for IAS pre 2011 exam
5th June 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Will an IAS exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but apply and get the Admit card?
10th June 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

if i had applied for pre and admit card is alloted to me and not able to give the exam then attempt should be counted
10th June 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

sir what is age criteria.
10th June 2011, 08:17 PM
Amos Newme Pauzerang

Default Can i appear upsc exam without admit card but if i remember my roll no.?

Sir, My Registration ID no. = 11104231648
Still my Roll no. is not yet conform. What shall i do?
11th June 2011, 01:51 AM
SUMITRA_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend if you apply and download admit card of ias and do not sit in the examinations your attempt will NOT BE COUNTED. The attempt is counted if you give your at lest one presence in the examinations.
11th June 2011, 01:56 AM
SUMITRA_M

Default Re: Can i appear upsc exam without admit card but if i remember my roll no.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos Newme Pauzerang View Post
Sir, My Registration ID no. = 11104231648
Still my Roll no. is not yet conform. What shall i do?
Dear friend your roll number for ias pre exam is 220685. You should download your duplicate admit card by providing your registration number here:
http://www.upsc.gov.in./Query/csp/csp_venue_query.htm
17th July 2011, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

sir or mam
i belong to general category .I applied for the SBI bank PO exam to be held on 24th july 2011 and also i got my admit card .but I heard that there are only 4 chances to appear for that exam.but at this time i m not well prepared for this exam.So i do not want to miss my chance for future .So please tell if i will be absent on the day i.e 24th july 2011.If i will not appear in the exam then the chance will be counted or not ?
17th May 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

sir
plz tell me that if an IAS exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but apply and get the Admit card?
17th May 2012, 09:37 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

If you have applied for IAS exam and get admit card but do not able to appear for the exam, it will be counted as an attempt for the Civil Service exam.

RESTRICTION OF NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS TO CIVIL SERVICE EXAM:-

For General candidate - Four

For OBC cnadidate - Seven

For SC/ST candidate there is no such restriction for such attempts.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th April 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Is IES exam attempt counted as an attempt for IAS(or other civil services like IPS,IFS,IRS) ??? as both belong to UPSC board
7th April 2013, 12:52 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Exclamation Re: Will an IAS exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but apply and get the Admit card?

Yes my dear both are conducted by union public service commission. and it will be counted.
Number of attempts are same for each category in both.
Number of attempts:
1)General Category: 4 attempts
2)OBC Category: 7 attempts
3)SC/ST Category: No limitation.

Good Luck
Thanks
11th May 2013, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I have attempt IAS pre in 2011 but not grt clear , this yaer i am giving same ,,,but i have a problem i have not remember my old roll. no. if i get clear , can i required same to fill ias main form ,,,,?
11th May 2013, 09:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes it will be counted as attempt and it doesn't matter if you don't appear for examination.

There is no such rule that if you have applied for an exam and don't sit for it then it will be not counted as attempt.

So if you have applied for the exam then try your best to appear for exam if the attempts are limited for that exam.

For Civil Services Examination attempts are as follows for different categories:

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No limit

Hence if you are General or OBC then you have limited chance for Civil Services Examination.

If you have forgot your Roll No. then you can get it in your Email Id inbox if you have entered a valid email Id in the application form. The confirmation of online application is send to your email id when the application is completed. So if you have not deleted that mail then you can get information from the mail.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2013, 10:44 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have attempt IAS pre in 2011 but not grt clear , this yaer i am giving same ,,,but i have a problem i have not remember my old roll. no. if i get clear , can i required same to fill ias main form ,,,,?
If you had given the IAS Prelims exams in the year 2011 and have not cleared it than you do not need to mention that in the year 2013

You are going to appear in the IAS Prelims exams in the year 2013 which is going to be held on 26th May 2013

If you clear the Prelims exams this year than you would be eligible to fill the Mains exams forms

Prelims is just a stage where candidates are shortlisted for the mains exams
23rd May 2013, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm
23rd May 2013, 05:55 PM
ramujamu

http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm check the 3rd answer in CS exams.
It will not be counted as an attempt.
25th May 2013, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

i applied for prelims and got the admit card , but not prepared .. if i was absent to the exam .. is it counted ?
27th May 2013, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Will an IAS exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but apply and get the Admit card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayrocks007 View Post
Yes it will be counted as attempt and it doesn't matter if you don't appear for examination.

There is no such rule that if you have applied for an exam and don't sit for it then it will be not counted as attempt.

So if you have applied for the exam then try your best to appear for exam if the attempts are limited for that exam.

For Civil Services Examination attempts are as follows for different categories:

General Category - 4 attempts

OBC Category - 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No limit

Hence if you are General or OBC then you have limited chance for Civil Services Examination.

If you have forgot your Roll No. then you can get it in your Email Id inbox if you have entered a valid email Id in the application form. The confirmation of online application is send to your email id when the application is completed. So if you have not deleted that mail then you can get information from the mail.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
aby chutie jab pata nahi hai to kyo dealing chodne aa jate ho,
jankari nahi hai to public ko misguide karoge !!

go to http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm#PageTop
read rule 3 under title " Civil Service Examination"

bada underline karke reply kia hai bhosad ne
25th June 2013, 01:09 PM
rev96

Unhappy Re: Will an IES exam attempt be counted if i do not appear for the exam but applied for the exam?

how will the scenario be for IES exam..... same question.. please help..i applied for ies 2013 unfortunately i wont be able to appear for exam..wil my chance is counted or lost ..
27th June 2013, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Will an IES exam attempt be counted if i m unable to appear for exam...please help
1st December 2013, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I had appeared for UPSC prelims paper 1 in 2009. I want to attend it in 2014. But unfortunately lost my roll number of 2009 exam which will be asked in DAF for mains. Is there any way i can retrieve the roll number?
26th February 2014, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

i am in appearing in bsc we can fill ifs and it will be counted in my attempt
10th June 2015, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

NO ,it will NOT be counted.

-For SC/ST : No limit on number of attempt
12th June 2015, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I was unable to give the first day paper (GS and GE) of IES exam. Will I be allowed to sit in the next day papers of IES exam? (I just want to sit in the exam for the sake of experience)
18th August 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

I filled Upsc form and also get admit card but I don't want to give exam,will it counted as attempt?
1st June 2018, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for IAS prelims and got the admit card but I won't write the examination then attempt will be count or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?