22nd May 2019, 09:16 PM
Ekta dedha

Which course do I need to study for becoming a government teacher to teach upto class 5th standard?

I have completed my Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.). Now, can I teach upto class 5th standard students in any government schools? Or, do I need to study any other course?

31st May 2019, 12:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course do I need to study for becoming a government teacher to teach upto class 5th standard?

Having completed B.El.Ed Bachelor of Elementary Education), you are eligible for becoming government teacher up to higher secondary school i.e; upto Class 12th depending upon your educational qualification.

For becoming teacher upto Class 5, apart from B.El.Ed degree, all you need is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

Also, for your in any government school, you need to qualify Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by CBSE i.e; CTET or various State TETs.
31st May 2019, 02:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course do I need to study for becoming a government teacher to teach upto class 5th standard?

Yes, you are eligible for recruitment in government school as per your required qualification after qualifying in the CTET.

The required minimum qualification is 12th and D.El.Ed.

So, you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted by NTA.
31st May 2019, 03:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You have the required minimum qualification to appear for the CTET

The examination is conducted for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

So, you need to start the preparation and qualify in the examination for final selection as teacher in government schools.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?