10th April 2012, 10:54 PM
mallick.jyotish

Which is the course related to Agriculture? I am a B.A in History(H)

Hi
sir
I am BA in History( H),after that i did MBA in Marketing ,and my job profile is selling of agrochemical and micronutrient ,so i want to do a curse related to agriculture ,Please suggest me if any courses are available for me .

16th May 2012, 07:18 PM
10shilpa
Member+

Default Re: Which is the course related to Agriculture? I am a B.A in History(H)

Agriculture Classes and Courses Overview
Agriculture classes prepare students for a variety of careers, including ranchers, farmers, agriculture scientists or horticulture managers. Agriculture courses are found in certificate, associate's and bachelor's degree programs and students learn everything from horticulture basics to how to run a farming business. The following are some of the core courses one might find in an agriculture program.

Natural Resources Course
A natural resources course covers topics pertaining to forestry, soils and wildlife. Students learn about power sources, such as electric motors and combustion engines, as well as government regulations and programs that relate to natural resource conservation. The effects that current power sources have on the agriculture industry and what it means for the future of natural resources and power are also addressed.

Basic Horticulture Course
Horticulture is a science that studies plants, gardening and natural growth. This course helps students develop skills in controlling plant growth and development. Specific topics of study may include plant production, pruning, regulations of plant growth and storage processes. Horticulture courses may also cover marketing concepts in horticulture.

Animal Science Course
Depending on the focus of the agriculture program, animal science classes may focus on all animals or be specific to horses, cows, and other farm animals. Students learn about animal development from a biological standpoint. Specific topics in animal products, animal feeding and animal breeding are also covered. During an animal science course, students learn the history of the animal industry, animal disease and current trends in animal rearing as well.

Soils and Pesticides Course
Agriculture students learn about soils and pesticides to understand the chemical make-up and effect that these elements have on crop growth. A soils and pesticides course covers conservation of water and soil, fertilizer use and soil formation. It is a course that is delivered in lecture and lab format so that students may apply their skills to live scenarios. This course that may also cover soil types specific to the state in which the agriculture program is taught.

Food Systems Course
Whether providing crop or animal food, famers and others in the agriculture business need a strong understanding of the U.S. food system and processes. Students in this course study the U.S. food system as it relates to the current economy, health factors and regulatory laws. Specific topics of study may include political systems, health, environment, food retailing and international food regulations.

Show me suggested schools
Related To Agriculture Courses
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?