28th June 2018, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Which course should I choose in Intermediate to appear further in CLAT?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my 10th and my aim is to become an Advocate. I will give CLAT after my Intermediate. So, I would like to know which course I should choose in my Intermediate course, so that I can appear in CLAT?

1st July 2018, 09:15 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I choose in Intermediate to appear further in CLAT?

=> CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.

=> In order to appear in CLAT examination candidate should have passed 12th class from a recognized board.

=> As per my suggestion you should take commerce stream in 11th and 12th class to appear further in CLAT.
3rd July 2018, 11:10 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I choose in Intermediate to appear further in CLAT?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it is held by NLUs ( National Law Universities ) for offering admission in integrated LLB ( Bachelor of legislative law ) degree course of five years across various NLUs.

The minimum education required for appearing in CLAT is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, as far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for higher secondary school degree for appearing in CLAT then as mentioned above there is no requirement of a particular stream at Class 12th level for appearing in CLAT and therefore you can opt for any stream as per your interest and strength.

For more detailed information regarding CLAT, you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
3rd July 2018, 05:45 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is an all India level entrance exam conducted once in every year for giving admission into under graduation & post graduation law degrees.

The eligibility required for attending the exam are mentioned below:

- The nationality should be Indian.
- There is no upper age limit for attending the CLAT exam.
- The educational qualification required for under graduation degree is a 10+2 in any stream with minimum 45% from any recognised board.
- There is 5% relaxation given for reservation candidates.

So, based on the requirements you can study any stream in 12th class.

For notifications, application forms and other details visit the official website of CLAT.
4th July 2018, 10:45 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CLAT is Common Law Admission Test and it is conducted by one of the National Law University for admission in law courses.

Yes, candidates can appear in examination after intermediate course to pursue B.A LLB course.

The eligibility to pursue the course is that candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent from a recognised board or institute.

So, you are eligible to pursue any course as per your choice in intermediate course.
4th July 2018, 01:18 PM
muskaan_

Dear student,
Well, if you want to be a advocate, then you should done your +2.,
without +2 you cannot do a law or LLB.
+2 is mandatory.
Following are the options after +2 ;
B.A., LL.B.(Hons.)
5 yrs. (10 Semesters)

B.Com., LL.B.(Hons.)
5 yrs. (10 Semesters)

BBA, LL.B. (Hons.)
5 yrs. (10 Semesters)

Eligibility Criteria
you have to Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (any stream) with English or CLAT

Top University of LLB
National Law School of India University
Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Nalsar University of Law
Jamia Millia Islamia
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
Jindal Global Law School
KLE Society's Law College

Good Luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?