31st May 2017, 02:46 PM
p.sujithra

CSE graduate can do PG in Archaeology?

Am a BE CSE completed student. I am interested to do archaeology.. Can i do PG degree in archaeology department? Am i eligible for that?

31st May 2017, 05:12 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CSE graduate can do PG in Archaeology?

Yes you are eligible to pursue Post-Graduation in Archeology.
You are free to opt any subject. There is no any restriction in stream and subject selection.
Candidate must have scored at least 45% aggregate in graduation from a recognized university.
31st May 2017, 06:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The general eligibility criteria for post graduate degree in archaeology:

>>Candidates must have done bachelor's degree in arts or science or any other from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this course.

>>You should have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for this course.

You can apply for this course and some good colleges for it are:

1. Acharya Nagarjuna University.

2. GGSIPU, Delhi.

3. Kerala University.

4. Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune.
31st May 2017, 07:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for PG in Archaeology after passing BE in CSE.

The candidate must possess Graduate degree in History/ Archaeology with an aggregate of 55% marks to apply for Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma or Post graduation (MA/ M.Sc.) in different fields of Archaeology.

Admission to the two year Post Graduate course at the Institute of Archaeology, the academic wing of the Archeological Survey of India in New Delhi, is carried out on the basis of a written exam and an interview.
31st May 2017, 08:21 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Archaeology is the science of study ancient objects, monuments, literature.

The eligibility criteria for master's degree in this course is:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree passed aspirant in any stream can apply for PG Course in Archaeology.

You should have minimum of 60-65% marks in graduation to get admission in good college of archaeology. Computer science engineering graduates can apply for PG in Archaeology.
31st May 2017, 09:43 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue Post Graduation in Archaeology course after successful completion of CSE course in Engineering.

There is a certain educational qualification that is required in order to be eligible.

>> You must have done Bachelor Degree in History in any stream from a recognized university in order to be eligible.

>> As you B.E is not equivalent to Graduation in History, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply.

>> You must have completed Graduation in History with minimum 55% marks in order to be eligible.
1st June 2017, 04:53 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, of course you can do Masters in Archeology after completion of BE in CSE. Any graduate with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible to do this course. Admissions in this course is based on the entrance exam conducted by the respective university. Thanks
1st April 2020, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have Post graduation in Data Analytics and BE in CSE. I'm very much interested in Archaeology. Am I eligible to do Masters or any degree in Archaeology. Please let me know.

My Email: [email protected]
Mobile Num: 353 892234799

Many thanks
Sateesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?