20th June 2020, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Are degrees from IGNOU valid and acceptable for UPSC exams?

Sir, I have completed a degree course from IGNOU. I wish to apply and write the UPSC exams. But, few of my friends are telling that IGNOU's degree are not valid for UPSC. Is it true? Can't I apply for UPSC exams with degree from IGNOU?

22nd June 2020, 10:49 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are degrees from IGNOU valid and acceptable for UPSC exams?

IGNOU stands for Indian Gandhi National Open University and it is one of the Central University and therefore any degree course offered by the same university even in distance mode is accepted for UPSC examination and other government services.

So, even having completed your degree course from IGNOU, you are eligible for UPSC examination provided you satisfy all other requirements for the examination.
22nd June 2020, 08:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU is a recognised university and the degree is valid for appearing in various examination and recruitment in jobs.

So, you are eligible to appear for the various examination on the basis of educational qualification.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th June 2020, 10:08 PM
balu7755

Hi

IGNOU is a central University formed by Act of Parliament

IGNOU program are legally recognized for all Government exams and for higher education in any University in India

IGNOU also offers wide variety of programs at Bachelor and Master Level

But if you are planning for a Management program i will advise to go with leaders in Management education.

NMIMS is one such University which is both a Deemed University and a Top Ranked B-School as well offering Management Programs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?